• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[New Prod] MK nautilus 5177

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Well, it seems the MKF failed badly in the thickness category. Now we need to see more close up pictures of the dial (hour markers, date wheel, hands, etc.), bracelet and case.

kobe24 can you please provide us with more pictures. Thank you.

Reactions: corleone911

Keylog74

Put Some Respect On My Name
14/6/13
Well, it seems the MKF failed badly in the thickness category. Now we need to see more close up pictures of the dial (hour markers, date wheel, hands, etc.), bracelet and case.

kobe24 can you please provide us with more pictures. Thank you.

there is not much need to se more pictures, the only thing you might be curious about is what they did to the movement.

Date wheel is pretty much same as on all reps, too small. White dial from MKF used to be very nice correct C1 lume, but with weak text print, now they fixed the print ruined the lume... blue dial is kinda the same they just blue is a bit more light.

nothing more to see here im afraid...

Reactions: csthe

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
there is not much need to se more pictures, the only thing you might be curious about is what they did to the movement.

Date wheel is pretty much same as on all reps, too small. White dial from MKF used to be very nice correct C1 lume, but with weak text print, now they fixed the print ruined the lume... blue dial is kinda the same they just blue is a bit more light.

last hope goes into the DWO project.

V6F should hurry up hehe

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada

There is a need to see more pictures in order to evaluate this MKF version. For example, how can you tell with absolute certainty that the date wheel is too small with the minute hand partially blocking the date window? If in fact that it is too small, it may be acceptable to others. The hour markers needs to be looked at closely to be certain that they are aligned, unlike the PF versions. To dismiss this watch at this time without a thorough overall look at it might deny us of its strong attributes, if any.

Reactions: Repwatcher01

molivio

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/10/15
There is a need to see more pictures in order to evaluate this MKF version. For example, how can you tell with absolute certainty that the date wheel is too small with the minute hand partially blocking the date window? If in fact that it is too small, it may be acceptable to others. The hour markers needs to be looked at closely to be certain that they are aligned, unlike the PF versions. To dismiss this watch at this time without a thorough overall look at it might deny us of its strong attributes, if any.

amen

Darude

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
17/4/18
they are known for making

- white dials
- blue dials
- grey/black dials

I don't think they will orientate on different gen batches... They think the grey dial that comes only on a leather strap and made out of white gold is also a part of the 5711 steel sports line with bracelet. And that was already wrong with PF

I’m so sure that is the blue dial, I’ve seen that version in person before, I was like is that black dial but when I check pp website there is no black dial for steel bracelet version.
17081504%5B2%5D.jpg

Darude

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
17/4/18
For the white gold 5711 with leather strap, it has a silver sunburst dial, it is different.
market_image.3230718.jpg

reppin

Renowned Member
27/5/12
its better than PF but it still isn't exact like gen. great effort though, just wished it was thinner because these thin watches change in feel completely with just 1mm difference.

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
IMO it looks to me like the best rep yet "out of the box" for the Nautilus depending on the movement

PF, while thin, has a poorly finished dial, tiny date font and the hour markers look like someone with shaky hands put them on (not just the ones at 12 o clock).

MK v4's only redeeming quality was the nice dial, the rest was a typical plated movement, thick, small date font, thick seconds hand.

HBB/V6F had perfect date font and excellently finished hands, but the dial color was way off, too thick, unfinished movement and the first middle link of the bracelet was too large.

This one has:

Still a good blue hue, but a bit brighter which is a con.
Hand finishing was improved, particularly on the seconds hand (before it was a large blunt tip at the end, now it looks to be more finished like the gen)
Hour markers still are off at 12, but other than that look correct
Date font got a bit bigger, still not as large as gen, but larger than the majority of other reps.
While it's still quite thick, it's slimmer than before.

The trade offs seem worth the upgrade.

Here are my ratings out of 10 (perfection) on what we can see for the blue version:

Dial color: 8/10
Dial print: 7/10
Lume color: 7/10
Date font: 9/10
Thickness: 7/10
Hour markers: 8/10
Hour and minute hands: 8/10
Seconds hand: 9/10
Stainless steel brushing and finishing: 7/10 from what I can see in the bad lighting.

I just might buy one and compare to my HBB version, which doesn't have the best lume matching.

BlackJaguar

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/18
IMO it looks to me like the best rep yet "out of the box" for the Nautilus depending on the movement

PF, while thin, has a poorly finished dial, tiny date font and the hour markers look like someone with shaky hands put them on (not just the ones at 12 o clock).

MK v4's only redeeming quality was the nice dial, the rest was a typical plated movement, thick, small date font, thick seconds hand.

HBB/V6F had perfect date font and excellently finished hands, but the dial color was way off, too thick, unfinished movement and the first middle link of the bracelet was too large.

This one has:

Still a good blue hue, but a bit brighter which is a con.
Hand finishing was improved, particularly on the seconds hand (before it was a large blunt tip at the end, now it looks to be more finished like the gen)
Hour markers still are off at 12, but other than that look correct
Date font got a bit bigger, still not as large as gen, but larger than the majority of other reps.
While it's still quite thick, it's slimmer than before.

The trade offs seem worth the upgrade.

Here are my ratings out of 10 (perfection) on what we can see for the blue version:

Dial color: 8/10
Dial print: 7/10
Lume color: 7/10
Date font: 9/10
Thickness: 7/10
Hour markers: 8/10
Hour and minute hands: 8/10
Seconds hand: 9/10
Stainless steel brushing and finishing: 7/10 from what I can see in the bad lighting.

I just might buy one and compare to my HBB version, which doesn't have the best lume matching.

Your comments are always so thorough and thoughtful. Thank you.

kobe24

Renowned Member
19/7/16
Actually, I'm looking forward to KMF version now. Their aquanaut thickness is 8.4mm, only 0.4mm more than genuine watch.

PF is 9mm, ZF is 8.8mm...

And I can sure that they will make 5711 nautilus soon.

Reactions: vcappp and csthe

WatchCool90210

20/1/17
is this watch available now?

looking to pull trigger on a nautilus; consensus seems this is the top offering over PF?

thanks