• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[New Prod] MK nautilus 5177

Keylog74

Put Some Respect On My Name
14/6/13
Not many have the possibility or the time to mod a watch, most of the folks here are looking for a decent out of the box rep and the pf is not, i understand you are happy with your pf, you probably spent a lot of time and money on it and are going to defend it no matter what but thing is that the pf got so close to being perfection but failed in the smallest detail that even an aligned marker is an 'innovation'

There is nothing I can say.

Forum will always have guys like you and others like me. My reflection is not money related but yours is so here we take two different roads. You say decent than ask “perfection”! decent cheap for your criteria already exist don’t really need to hold in mkf... I still think that there is a difference between innovation and improvements.

tosoboso

I'm Pretty Popular
5/2/15
I actually know for fact that many of the members here like to modd their pieces and keep coming back to this place precisely because of this. If not, they can always be simply content with checking the TDs websites and that would be that. But how is buying things a HOBBY?

Reactions: Keylog74 and Nivka

Chemicalz

Renowned Member
27/2/15
There is nothing I can say.

Forum will always have guys like you and others like me. My reflection is not money related but yours is so here we take two different roads. You say decent than ask “perfection”! decent cheap for your criteria already exist don’t really need to hold in mkf... I still think that there is a difference between innovation and improvements.

Excuse me where did you read the word 'cheap'? Certainly not from me, if the pf costed more but fixed those issues i'd certainly buy it, its not a matter of money, its a matter of quality, and the pf is so bad you had to mod it to achieve perfection

Nivka

10/4/15
Australia
Excuse me where did you read the word 'cheap'? Certainly not from me, if the pf costed more but fixed those issues i'd certainly buy it, its not a matter of money, its a matter of quality, and the pf is so bad you had to mod it to achieve perfection

i don’t know why you think the pf is so bad. Granted it is too expensive by $100, but it’s on par with my other reps

Keylog74

14/6/13

So you would be willing to pay more but not to spend on modifying it...

Just to add this my JF diver is considered perfect by many of the guys here, I however moded it too... I don’t mod them because they are bad! You can cq a nice pf blue dial and be happy with it!

gigi77

I'm Pretty Popular
3/8/17
So you would be willing to pay more but not to spend on modifying it...

Actually I understand this. I am like this too... paying more is ok if the quality justifies the expense. Sending it to modders is a pain for me with customs, couriers, ... waiting, organizing, ... :(

csthe

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/13
Actually I understand this. I am like this too... paying more is ok if the quality justifies the expense. Sending it to modders is a pain for me with customs, couriers, ... waiting, organizing, ... :(

Exactly. I think that one of the moders should partner with on of the TDs and office a TD+mod service when the end customer gets the watch after the TD sends it to the moder and ther moder sends it to the customer.

Nivka

10/4/15
Australia
Exactly. I think that one of the moders should partner with on of the TDs and office a TD+mod service when the end customer gets the watch after the TD sends it to the moder and ther moder sends it to the customer.

That’s the holy grail. Loco Loie tried last year and he delivered some damn good watches. But he owes a lot more of people money. I think it would have to be a few modders to keep up with demand

Cooldaddyfunk286

20/6/18
NY
I really hope they will fix the spelling on the movement. That WOULD be the goal on a sapphire CB. Jesus. it's not like fixing the spelling will change the thickness lol. I just want a GREAT nautilus OTB!! Like the rest of us.

Reactions: mech500

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
i don’t know why you think the pf is so bad. Granted it is too expensive by $100, but it’s on par with my other reps

Exactly, if you are careful with your QC pics you can get a pretty decent example with aligned hour markers and then the only mod required is the date wheel

Cooldaddyfunk286

20/6/18
NY
Luckily I can't afford any rep right now haha, so when I actually am ready to buy, hopefully there's a new version that trumps the pf, if not, pf w good QC it will be.

With PF, what is the most accurate choice of dial? any color. Thanks guys!

kukubirdie

Horology Curious
28/5/18
nearing the end of the month, hopefully we get an update soon!

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK

That’s a good idea man.

Although I think the Chinese dealers should qualify local artisans to undertake bespoke modding work on behalf of the TD.

That way we only deal with the TDs “modding department”

I agree, it’s a mission sending watches out for modding ourselves. Sometimes it’s like x2 steps forwards and x1 step backwards.

Somebody like Angus (Puretime) could make this happen if he wanted to.

I’d pay extra for an artisan to strip the factory watch, polish hands, clean hour markers, service movement, grease seals, re-align DW, clean lume over spill.....and then any bespoke case work required.....eg thin caseback, polish pinions, gears, crowns etc.

csthe

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/13
That’s a good idea man.

Although I think the Chinese dealers should qualify local artisans to undertake bespoke modding work on behalf of the TD.

That way we only deal with the TDs “modding department”

I agree, it’s a mission sending watches out for modding ourselves. Sometimes it’s like x2 steps forwards and x1 step backwards.

Somebody like Angus (Puretime) could make this happen if he wanted to.

I’d pay extra for an artisan to strip the factory watch, polish hands, clean hour markers, service movement, grease seals, re-align DW, clean lume over spill.....and then any bespoke case work required.....eg thin caseback, polish pinions, gears, crowns etc.

+1

Reactions: mech500

rcom440

10/11/12
USA
V6f Nautilus with clone movement according to Angus is still in production. They never stoped working on it / project was never abandoned.

Reactions: Breitluc