• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[New Prod] MK nautilus 5177

Keylog74

Put Some Respect On My Name
14/6/13
The only thing keeping me interested in this thread is to know the price tag, thats it. Better dial you day? thats up to you to judge its surely not the best dial for me.

Reactions: jakekrait

BIONONE

28/4/17
They better sell the gen calibre after they „replicated“ the engravings (incorrectly) haha

i dont get the point of their „marketing“ to show their gen sample they used for „replication“ while nothing is correct... they better get the main things right while no rep movement can look like the gen calibre at this price point...

and regarding the idea of an innovation - the MK is clearly not an innovation. But as already said an improvement since PF is not willing to change some major aspects (i really like the hour markers on the blue dial regarding their shape but the way they are applied is just laughable)...

the MK movement will be nothing better than PF as even the PF got its flaws and typos...

i guess what everyone hopes for is a better deal with some improvements from another maker to step up the 5711 game...

real improvements can only come from V6F or Patek haha

Reactions: superyl

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Dissatisfied with the dials on their PF 5711, some people are replacing the dials with ones from MKF when available and now from JJF. This modification cost a significant amount plus the trouble of sourcing the dials and hands if needed. With the upcoming version of MKF we will benefit by having the best dial available, the thinness of the PF 5711 and a lower price. What's not to like about that?

Last edited:

Keylog74

14/6/13
Keylog74 just hopes, wishes and speculations as always for upcoming rep releases haha :D

This thread creates a lot of fuzz for nothing. Translated infos, most of the time are incorrect and misleading and surely not to be trusted.

Only a few guys here have really insights others just speculate on what they can translate...

BIONONE

28/4/17
This thread creates a lot of fuzz for nothing. Translated infos, most of the time are incorrect and misleading and surely not to be trusted.

Only a few guys here have really insights others just speculate on what they can translate...

always the same and then there is RepWorld and his factory insights haha

Keylog74

14/6/13
i guess this comes from the speculation regarding their pricing on previous 5711's ...

previous 5711 had a 9015 with a deco on top of it. This miyota is stripped down cutted and engraved, this surely adds $. and math is easy if factory ads (say for example) 10$, all the chain will raise the price... Results Nautilus with deco 380$ nautilus with engraved miyota 480.

but hey! id like to pay 300 for it so hopefully im wrong :)

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Please elaborate this to me, how do you exatly know?

Like what BIONONE said plus the PF 5711 is already overpriced and I don't think MKF will make the same marketing mistake. Time will tell, hopefully in two weeks.

There is a lot of negative feedback for the upcoming MKF 5711 that has not been released yet. It seems like speculation works in both ways in this case. I personally would like to see a comparison between the PF and MKF versions to see which is best for me. This we will have to wait for.

Yes Repworld can be annoying at times but he means well. I asked kobe24 via PM last week for information on the upcoming MK 5711 and he has done so extremely well so far.

Reactions: majwilliams0308

RepPossessed

The UK dealer
Trusted Dealer
10/11/15
N. Ireland
Well just because its MKF making it.. then i sincerely doubt it will be as good as some people hope.

A lot of the buyers of the Nautilus are among the very fussy buyers ( and i dont mean that negatively ) who have been on this forum a long time waiting on a high quality clone of the Nautilus

Therefore they will examine this under very zoomed photos at the finest details

And frankly.. MK just dont have the skills and arent upto the job of producing an epic Nautilus

Just my 2 cents, i hope im wrong because i want one also

arepuj

Known Member
6/10/11
When i asked puretime why dont factories repliacte the simple RM 05 or RM10 the answer was : Because they are easy to replicate fatories dont want to do it because after they do other factories will copy their work...

Now watching this MKF scenarios it totally makes sense! MK copying from PF and here you guys are bumping this thread like its this high inovation wich is not!
"Others factories Will copy their work"
????????????????????????????????????????????
Unvelible!

Enviado desde mi H3113 mediante Tapatalk

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
"Others factories Will copy their work"
????????????????????????????????????????????
Unvelible!

Enviado desde mi H3113 mediante Tapatalk

We saw that happen. Once a decent rep appeared then more low quality reps also appeared at the almost same time which makes all annoying because it increases confusion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: gilrob

Chemicalz

Renowned Member
27/2/15
When i asked puretime why dont factories repliacte the simple RM 05 or RM10 the answer was : Because they are easy to replicate fatories dont want to do it because after they do other factories will copy their work...

Now watching this MKF scenarios it totally makes sense! MK copying from PF and here you guys are bumping this thread like its this high inovation wich is not!

Yeah except for the fact that the PF is overpriced as hell and of a poor quality. Very bad date wheel, the date window seems to be cut with scissors by a child and it has heavy alignment problems with the hour markers.
If MKF can chime in and fix those problems while keeping the same thickness then it is truly innovation, compared to what we have now.

nomana

Renowned Member
13/2/18
Yeah except for the fact that the PF is overpriced as hell and of a poor quality. Very bad date wheel, the date window seems to be cut with scissors by a child and it has heavy alignment problems with the hour markers.
If MKF can chime in and fix those problems while keeping the same thickness then it is truly innovation, compared to what we have now.

Agree

Keylog74

14/6/13

Very nice. Now we calling improvements as innovation! Call me an mr.innovator than because my modded pF has all the above issues fixed!

rcom440

10/11/12
USA

Totally agree with your point.

Reactions: gilrob

Chemicalz

Renowned Member
27/2/15
Very nice. Now we calling improvements as innovation! Call me an mr.innovator than because my modded pF has all the above issues fixed!

Not many have the possibility or the time to mod a watch, most of the folks here are looking for a decent out of the box rep and the pf is not, i understand you are happy with your pf, you probably spent a lot of time and money on it and are going to defend it no matter what but thing is that the pf got so close to being perfection but failed in the smallest detail that even an aligned marker is an 'innovation'