• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[New Prod] MK nautilus 5177

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
The MK final movement is arrived. New case is updated, better than PF version I think.

114035o4gvu62ag9g6smjj.jpg

114033k2ve6p2y4wkwjjew.jpg

Any Gen sample with MK ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
As kobe24 noted, that is a gen movement, not their new rep.

I missed that completely, my eyes went directly to the misspelled words. HAH! Well, hopefully they'll fix that. I've got a Rolex SH32XX movement with the word position misspelled, good thing it is behind a closed case back.

Fat Dave

1/6/13
Australia
Man, I'd be one happy camper if the new MK movement looked like that! I'd be ordering by the crate!

Fingers crossed they come up with a good looking, THIN solution.

gmtring

1/8/15
I don't understand you people on rwi.......goats....why are you so happy? what are we talking about?
what's new with this mk version? the movement is always a miyota 9015, like PF.

Pf dials is nice and even if mk dial will be nice, but also pf bracelet and pf case are nice...... there won't be any breakin new for a pp rep with this mk version....

and that's not all!! : look at this final version of this 9015: the word is ADJUSETOTO ( instead of adjusted )

I also add

Last edited:

Fat Dave

1/6/13
Australia
If the PF was a super-rep, I wouldn't care at all. But it's not. The PF dial is pretty nice, but can certainly be improved, and we all know the DW is poor. Plus, it's expensive for what it provides. As a result, I would welcome any competition into the 5711 space. Even that mystery model from Kuvarsit helps push others to develop further.

Yes, MK is still using the 9015, but if they can maybe make it a touch thinner than PF (perhaps by not adding the single-screw look on the rotor), and then provide a good package around it (nice case, dial, bracelet etc), then we may have a new challenger in the 5711 space. MK has shown previously that it knows how to make a pretty damn good dial, so hopefully they haven't forgotten...

This pushes the market. Otherwise, PF will stick with the product and pricing that they have, and things stagnate. The PF isn't good enough to be happy with a stagnant market.

Who knows what they will actually bring to the market. As you've already noted, along with gilrob and others, there still seems to be basic spelling issues, which doesn't exactly broadcast an inspiring level of care and attention. Time will tell whether they can address these issues and produce a compelling alternative.

I'm not optimistic, more just hopeful. But I do want to see what they can bring. because I feel a challenger is overdue in this market.

And also because I want a new blue 5711, and am hoping for something better out-of-the-box versus the PF. So, mostly for selfish reasons!

Last edited:

gmtring

1/8/15
If the PF was a super-rep, I wouldn't care at all. But it's not. The PF dial is pretty nice, but can certainly be improved, and we all know the DW is poor. Plus, it's expensive for what it provides. As a result, I would welcome any competition into the 5711 space. Even that mystery model from Kuvarsit helps push others to develop further.

Yes, MK is still using the 9015, but if they can maybe make it a touch thinner than PF (perhaps by not adding the single-screw look on the rotor), and then provide a good package around it (nice case, dial, bracelet etc), then we may have a new challenger in the 5711 space. MK has shown previously that it knows how to make a pretty damn good dial, so hopefully they haven't forgotten...

This pushes the market. Otherwise, PF will stick with the product and pricing that they have, and things stagnate. The PF isn't good enough to be happy with a stagnant market.

Who knows what they will actually bring to the market. As you've already noted, along with gilrob and others, there still seems to be basic spelling issues, which doesn't exactly broadcast an inspiring level of care and attention. Time will tell whether they can address these issues and produce a compelling alternative.

I'm not optimistic, more just hopeful. But I do want to see what they can bring. because I feel a challenger is overdue in this market.

And also because I want a new blue 5711, and am hoping for something better out-of-the-box versus the PF. So, mostly for selfish reasons!

V6f would have been a breaking point with a clone movement. This Mk model is only a improved PF version ( pf v3 ).
There is nothing more to say

Keylog74

Put Some Respect On My Name
14/6/13
They should use same dial, refine bracelet and slim it down like PF version and we may have a winner.

What they should do is cut the price down... Because the issue with all this threads is that there is no new real improvments, all they trying to do is what PF did time ago. If price was lower you wont even bother to check whats MKF is up too...

Reactions: SuperLory

BIONONE

28/4/17
V6f would have been a breaking point with a clone movement. This Mk model is only a improved PF version ( pf v3 ).
There is nothing more to say

While it is still a 9015 - the advantages of the MK version add to the advantages of the PF.

That said - MK will thin down their current case thickness as they are removing their silly decorative plates. So we will have the same thickness like the PF.

The refined case shape and refined bracelet (according to kobe24) could be another icing to the current MK version.

As the Dial was always superior to other versions of the 5711 - the MKF will be a better option against the PF dial which is in every manner poorly finished (glued on hour sticks, every stick is too long and stands out of the dot-circle... etc.)

And while MK is at it to refine the movement - i hope they will also redo the DWO - if not, our custom DWO project will do it at this point.

And in the end - yeah the MKF movement is still silly looking (the PFmvmt also) and i don't get the point of having the gen in front while everything is off haha - but it will be thinner than the previous version and i am pretty sure it will be cheaper than PF.

This release will add competition to the 5711 game while BP is already bruised... And that said it will spice up the game like Noob vs AR. While everyone of us will have their favorite and preferences...
nothing will be perfect.

Reactions: gilrob and Fat Dave

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
I hope MKF's rework in correcting the movement engravings does not delay the release date by much. Just like JF's AP 15202 rotor dilemma, wherein they omitted the letter "D" in Audemars, delaying the release date by 1-2 months!

Cristobal

Renowned Member
10/6/15
While it is still a 9015 - the advantages of the MK version add to the advantages of the PF.

That said - MK will thin down their current case thickness as they are removing their silly decorative plates. So we will have the same thickness like the PF.

The refined case shape and refined bracelet (according to kobe24) could be another icing to the current MK version.

As the Dial was always superior to other versions of the 5711 - the MKF will be a better option against the PF dial which is in every manner poorly finished (glued on hour sticks, every stick is too long and stands out of the dot-circle... etc.)

And while MK is at it to refine the movement - i hope they will also redo the DWO - if not, our custom DWO project will do it at this point.

And in the end - yeah the MKF movement is still silly looking (the PFmvmt also) and i don't get the point of having the gen in front while everything is off haha - but it will be thinner than the previous version and i am pretty sure it will be cheaper than PF.

This release will add competition to the 5711 game while BP is already bruised... And that said it will spice up the game like Noob vs AR. While everyone of us will have their favorite and preferences...
nothing will be perfect.

You heard MKF is getting rid of the decorative movement?

nomana

Renowned Member
13/2/18
You heard MKF is getting rid of the decorative movement?

Wonder the same. So if MK remove deco plate and still have same thickness as PF’s ?

Thinner with no deco is ok
Same thickness without deco plate, MK better buy PF and take a look how they do it lol

BIONONE

28/4/17
Just look at the pictures Kobe24 posted. You can clearly see that the main plates of the 9015 are modified rather that decorated with extra bridges etc.

Same construction (visually) as PF so the only thing is to combine those facts haha

by the way - this thread is about this exact thing - that MKF got rid of the silly decoration while refining the whole case.

Reactions: Arigab

Keylog74

14/6/13
When i asked puretime why dont factories repliacte the simple RM 05 or RM10 the answer was : Because they are easy to replicate fatories dont want to do it because after they do other factories will copy their work...

Now watching this MKF scenarios it totally makes sense! MK copying from PF and here you guys are bumping this thread like its this high inovation wich is not!

Fat Dave

1/6/13
Australia
When i asked puretime why dont factories repliacte the simple RM 05 or RM10 the answer was : Because they are easy to replicate fatories dont want to do it because after they do other factories will copy their work...

Now watching this MKF scenarios it totally makes sense! MK copying from PF and here you guys are bumping this thread like its this high inovation wich is not!

I don't think anyone was bumping it as an "innovation" at all. MK had a much better dial than PF currently has, so if MK are able to provide a PF-thin case, I think it could be a superior option.

I would be equally interested if PF was making a new dial.