• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

pp 5205g

christo14

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/2/16
A ridiculous flaw considering the work gone into producing this

robinagberg

Horology Curious
26/11/10
I was really close to pull the trigger but the missing sun is a big disapointment. I skip this one and make my wallet happy.

Scottymagic

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/3/18
transteamApOffshore You can see very clearly in this picture: https://www.ts-station.cn/u_file/180...1ec34a55b3.jpg

Naturally every TD has the same issue here. Except 99% of the pictures hide 99% of the crescent. This for instance: https://puretime.io/media/catalog/pr...8072802-02.jpg or this: https://puretime.io/media/catalog/pr...8072801-05.jpg

If you notice, the crescent gets right under the 24h hand at 10pm.

I’ve just tried to change my order - thanks for pointing this out mate

YellingYellowLlama

Known Member
12/3/18
Yeah, sorry to have killed this for you guys. But I guess better knowing now rather than getting heartbroken on the first night staring at the beautiful, flawed day/night disk.

Be sure to let your TD know that you are not ordering the watch because of the day/night disk. Factories may end up hearing of this, and getting the next batch out with a different disk (?).

Reactions: christo14

molivio

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/10/15
wait, aren't there 2 different factories who produced this model ? One from KMF and the other unclear ? do they both have this issue ?

PlanetZoom

I'm Pretty Popular
28/8/16
USA
Yeah, sorry to have killed this for you guys. But I guess better knowing now rather than getting heartbroken on the first night staring at the beautiful, flawed day/night disk.

Be sure to let your TD know that you are not ordering the watch because of the day/night disk. Factories may end up hearing of this, and getting the next batch out with a different disk (?).

Better to know up front.

christo14

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/2/16

Don't apologise mate, this is what we're here for. I was going to pull the trigger on this over the JLC Moonphase but now I'll stick with the JLC. I will be sure to let my TD know about the flaw and hope they pass it on to the factories.

reppists

MULTI ACCOUNT
10/3/18

The factory response regarding to this is because since it is a day & night indicator, so the full moon(sun) represents day while the crescent moon represents night, instead of having two full moons that only serves aesthetics purposes, they try to make the day & night indicator useful for customers in every lives.

Reactions: Darude

christo14

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/2/16
The factory response regarding to this is because since it is a day & night indicator, so the full moon(sun) represents day while the crescent moon represents night, instead of having two full moons that only serves aesthetics purposes, they try to make the day & night indicator useful for customers in every lives.

So the factory claim they are improving a Patek lol

molivio

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/10/15
ren't there 2 different factories who produced this model ? One from KMF and the other unclear ? do they both have this issue ?

molivio

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/10/15
asides from that flaw, how does everyone else feel about the watch ? my one issue is the datewheel in the middle

transteam

Known Member
23/6/17
asides from that flaw, how does everyone else feel about the watch ? my one issue is the datewheel in the middle

thickness irks me. 13.5ish vs 11.3. Feel like miyota movement can be made thinner (pretty sure its miyota, i could be wrong),
unlike you date doesn't bother me, but the moon bugs me. I really wanted the black, but went to VC overseas instead.

YellingYellowLlama

Known Member
12/3/18
thickness irks me. 13.5ish vs 11.3. Feel like miyota movement can be made thinner (pretty sure its miyota, i could be wrong),
unlike you date doesn't bother me, but the moon bugs me. I really wanted the black, but went to VC overseas instead.

Thickness doesn't bother me one bit. But fuck that little moon :(

Reactions: christo14

YellingYellowLlama

Known Member
12/3/18
Looks like it is te same model with just new colors. No go for me. But if you get it I would love to know more bout it - the pictures don’t show the full moon phase disk so it’s impossible to tell how inaccurate it is