• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

pp 5205g

reppists

MULTI ACCOUNT
10/3/18
Just tested the watch, let me outline some of the features and flaws:
pin hole on the top left = setting the day
pin hole on the top right = setting the month (the month doesn't change after turning from 31 to 1, therefore the user has to adjust the month manually each month)
quick release strap
moon phase = 24 hour
The datewheel can be better
Overall it's pretty good

transteam

Known Member
23/6/17
pin hole on the top right = setting the month (the month doesn't change after turning from 31 to 1, therefore the user has to adjust the month manually each month)
quick release strap
moon phase = 24 hour
Overall it's pretty good

Width? Thickness? Pretty close to Gen?
​​​​​​Curious miyota movement ?

What's do you think is bad about the quick release strap?

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
quick release strap
moon phase = 24 hour
Overall it's pretty good

Thanks, this is already way better than the previous versions available!

ApOffshore

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
1/1/16
a few posts above yours it was explained in detail....

I dont think your talking on the same versions, as far as i know there where two releases lately of this watch from 2 factories
i want to know if the kmf have a working moonphase
from the trustytime video it looks working

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
This whole thread refers to the new kmf version (from the video)

and reppists examined the functions a few posts ago. So there is your answer. It is a functioning 24h indicator.

transteam

Known Member
23/6/17
Its looks good but i dont understand
its a working moonphase per gen or just a 24 hours indicator?

Its "per gen" as in visually. its going to be a 24 hour indicator. but i am kinda in the same boat as you.
I want it to be functional like gen. That would be just too difficult and costly.

Case width is same as gen at 40mm
Thickness is 11.36mm gen vs 13mm rep (I can live with this)
fonts on date seem little off, but whatever I can live with that too.

in for blue and black dial! when ever its released and someone does a review on it.

christo14

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/2/16
The video on TT looks really good. I guess a silenced miyota is liveable with, I do just fine with my PF Nautilus after a drop of oil in the right places, and 1.5mm is nothing on the wrist. It's fine to set the month manually too, I'd rather that then spend the real money for this watch lol. Does the day change manually too or automatically? As the guy in video sets it manually?

christo14

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/2/16
I don't understand. Will the day, date and month update automatically each day, or are you supposed to press the recessed pushers every day?reppists are you able to confirm this?

Month will definitely require manual change, I'm not sure about day. Once a month is not an issue but every day might get a tad annoying

Reactions: vcappp

YellingYellowLlama

Known Member
12/3/18
Month will definitely require manual change, I'm not sure about day. Once a month is not an issue but every day might get a tad annoying

Exactly what I was thinking. If the weekday goes by itself I'm getting this. If I'm gonna have to correct it each and every morning, it's gonna be a pass for me.

But then again people are talking about a release by ZF and they recently did the Portuuieser annual calendar which I think actually works per gen specs? Is there any way to check with them?

christo14

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/2/16
Exactly what I was thinking. If the weekday goes by itself I'm getting this. If I'm gonna have to correct it each and every morning, it's gonna be a pass for me.

But then again people are talking about a release by ZF and they recently did the Portuuieser annual calendar which I think actually works per gen specs? Is there any way to check with them?

You could ask a TD but probably best to wait for reppists to confirm