• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Review! Patek Philippe Aquanaut PF

jasonvdwaars98

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
17/6/16
This time reviw of this Patek Philippe Aquanaut from PF. Last week this Aquanaut i ordered at TrustyTime and as usual again a super fast delivery of Andrew. This Aquanaut of PF was released only 2 weeks ago and after my good experience with my Nautilus from PF i ordered immediately.
What is this a great watch I can tell you. The finish of this Aquanaut is really sublime again PF does that perfect!
The dial is simple yet very separate, the big numbers on the dial make it an easy to read the time. Also, this dial is well lumed if you are outside and you are running a dark room in you will have a flashlight around the wrist. Further about the case of the PF
The polished parts opposite the brushed sections are very well finished. Everything looks well finished. The case is only 8, 7mm I have let me tell, the GEN is only 8, 5mm so the difference is very small

The rubber strap is also perfect!
Normally you hear that replica straps are not so good, but it feels very solid and good. Because of this rubber strap it is also a very nice watch to wear the strap is fine to the wrist and fits to the case very well.
What I absolutely don't like about this strap is the markings on the inside side. You don't see it but still when I do it off I think why!?!? On the inside of the strap stands Patek phlippe... how can you forget those "I" now?!?
473c7834f4683444a78ba937dbf39c80.jpg

This is actually the biggest downside of this watch and it looks very sleek.
The clasp could have been better for me and they could have made this a lot better in terms of feeling and connection.
Another minus I find that you have to cut off the strap if you ever want to sell the watch you will have to find someone with the same wrist size or they have to order a new strap.
Pluses
+ Finishing
+ Lume
+ Dial
+ Brush/Polished parts + feeling rubber strap
+ Wearing comfort

downsides
-Engraving Band
-Clasp

Conclusion PF has put a very great watch in the market. Definitely recommended if you want a nice aquanaut
2f38957eb5df4dcc9b21cfd9e0cf21bf.heic
f9a80f0a2d0205108927096c02a94722.heic
47c0c9593bd8ea75bda87cb5cdca2e09.heic
b1ccdf68f9969655460367e7506228cd.heic
0daad6827d0302deff7e65d4b249534c.png

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Reactions: Cristobal

Cristobal

Renowned Member
10/6/15
Looks good congratulations!! The font on the DW looks really good. I would like to see other numbers. If they fix the spelling inside the strap and add “Swiss Made” than this would be a big seller imo.

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Thanks for sharing. Wear it well!

Incidentally, dial/hands lume looks slightly mismatched, is it that noticeable in real life

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
Looks very good, congrats! Does the dial have a slight metallic sheen (cannot call it sunburst) or is it matte black?

jasonvdwaars98

INMATE
17/6/16
Looks very good, congrats! Does the dial have a slight metallic sheen (cannot call it sunburst) or is it matte black?

It has a metallic finish yes it’s not completely matte

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
Thanks. I was wondering if this or the grey dial would be closer to gen.

BirkinTourbillon

I'm Pretty Popular
25/3/14
Thanks for sharing mate! This would definitely come in handy for me since I have always been on the fence of getting this one. How’s the movement running this far by the way mate? No issue so far?

"Tienes que correr riesgos, en esta vida"

jasonvdwaars98

INMATE
17/6/16
Thanks for sharing mate! This would definitely come in handy for me since I have always been on the fence of getting this one. How’s the movement running this far by the way mate? No issue so far?

No issues only thing is the rotor is a little noisy

Reactions: BirkinTourbillon

jasonvdwaars98

INMATE
17/6/16
Thanks. I was wondering if this or the grey dial would be closer to gen.

I think the grey one is more GENlike.
This one is a little to dark i think

Scottymagic

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/3/18
I still think the V6F aquanaut is the best on the market. The DW and crown guards are the biggest tell on the PF albeit a good effort.

V6F seems hard to get these days though:

XtlJ3It.jpg

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
I still think the V6F aquanaut is the best on the market. The DW and crown guards are the biggest tell on the PF albeit a good effort.

V6F seems hard to get these days though:

XtlJ3It.jpg

What’s the thickness of v6f again?

BirkinTourbillon

I'm Pretty Popular
25/3/14
No issues only thing is the rotor is a little noisy

Thanks mate! Typical issue with Miyota 9015 movement as a base movement I would say. Nonetheless it looks good so wear it in good health!

reppin

Renowned Member
27/5/12
loud rotor is not a tell on the reps as the gen is probably even louder. Anyone who has held an Aquanaut or Nautilus will tell you that the rotor sound will shock you at first. it is that loud.