• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New PF 5711 ??

reppin

Renowned Member
27/5/12
the nautilus looks so simple, you would think it is easy to make a super rep. More complicated watches have exact reps but they struggle with this one. I guess the devil really is in the details.

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Another disappointment from PF. They call this a new version wherein they polished the case a bit and improved the cardboard box that it is shipped in (which most buyers would probably discard anyway). PF is definitely not trying to correct the two major issues, date font and marker placement. For me, it is time to look for another rep.

Reactions: mech500

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
It’s mad expensive for a simple watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: SuperLory

nomana

Renowned Member
13/2/18
the nautilus looks so simple, you would think it is easy to make a super rep. More complicated watches have exact reps but they struggle with this one. I guess the devil really is in the details.

Lol

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
Well at least they aligned the markers. Datewheek potentially can be a mod u can do later if you pull the trigger now. I do agree is over priced. But the gen price are now crazy.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

BIONONE

28/4/17
Well at least they aligned the markers. Datewheek potentially can be a mod u can do later if you pull the trigger now. I do agree is over priced. But the gen price are now crazy.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

They make profit of the Patek Hype... But at least they could spend an additional minute while placing those markers and choosing the lume color haha

Otherwise i think the case and bracelet look superior compared to MKF or JJF or BP...

gigi77

I'm Pretty Popular
3/8/17
The lume is really an issue? isnt it green on both gen and rep?

BIONONE

28/4/17
The lume is really an issue? isnt it green on both gen and rep?

IMO on the white piano dial it is more an issue than on the blue dial. but it could be a bit lighter - most important thing is the DWO... I think that would give the total appearance of the watch face and the aesthetic the most gen-like look

and regarding this topic we are working on a custom DWO for the 9015 with gen specs.

gigi77

I'm Pretty Popular
3/8/17
and regarding this topic we are working on a custom DWO for the 9015 with gen specs.

This is very nice! Problem is that for most people (no skills in swapping DWs) the total cost would be in the 800$ range including shipping and handling.

And the noisy miyota would still be there haunting you :(

BIONONE

28/4/17
This is very nice! Problem is that for most people (no skills in swapping DWs) the total cost would be in the 800$ range including shipping and handling.

And the noisy miyota would still be there haunting you :(

i hope it won't cost you 800$ haha

i think that is a 0 too much, but i get what you mean.

I don't know what will the total cost be at the end, but in cooperation with spongebob it is maybe not that difficult like ordering a mikey DW for an AP and let it ship it to you and then to a model who is abled to install it...

I don't know - i think the PF is a superior rep in the over all build quality beside the hour markers and the DW... So there are two things that can be modified and we are working on one of them.

But i totally get the point of your statement.

rcom440

10/11/12
USA
I don't know - i think the PF is a superior rep in the over all build quality beside the hour markers and the DW... So there are two things that can be modified and we are working on one of them.

But i totally get the point of your statement.

I’ve been told by two different moders who worked on those PF Nautilus that this rep is constructed like pure shit. Dial is basically glued to the dial which on the long run will cause problems. Minute markers are like stickers barely holding onto the dial. You can easily remove them and who knows after a while they may fell off on its own. They need to be glued to the dial if you plan to keep this rep for a long time.

Reactions: mech500

BIONONE

28/4/17
rcom440 thats why i was writing „beside the markers and DW“ haha

i feel you and agree with you that the dial is a total let down... but in the end the case, bracelet and even the modified miyota as the only alternative over the decorated or undecorated ones are really good components IMHO...

dial and DW need to be improved - no question. But the rest is well built.

Autlnd

Renowned Member
19/7/10
I have a couple questions for the Pf owners....I have an older version 5711 and on a smaller wrist, the bracelet wouldn't bend much at the lugs making it stiff and not as comfortable to wear. Question, is the PF bracelet that much better and not as 'stiff'? and is this V2 worth waiting for? My finger is on the trigger for the current Pf version. Thanks!

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
I have a couple questions for the Pf owners....I have an older version 5711 and on a smaller wrist, the bracelet wouldn't bend much at the lugs making it stiff and not as comfortable to wear. Question, is the PF bracelet that much better and not as 'stiff'? and is this V2 worth waiting for? My finger is on the trigger for the current Pf version. Thanks!

Better to wait if you ask me.

Keylog74

14/6/13
Everyone has his own opinion on the PF but overhall it is better than any other version. and blue dial with a bit of patience is great choice.

Kwigyboo

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/2/18
USA
I have one of the PF 5711 in blue from about 4 months back. Great watch, rotor is loud as hell out of the box but other than that I've not had any major issues with it. Of course though it suffers from the standard PF crooked/overhanging markers and a less than stellar DW.

damocles

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
21/12/15
tbh this PF blue dial really didnt cut it for me. In pics i was convinced that it was good enough for me to keep it at least, once I had it on hand my opinion completely changed.

The weird blue dial tint in certain angel bugs the shit out of me, lack of distinction and shininess on the bracelet between the polished and unpolished part. The markers on the dial looks rather dull. Case shape I give it to them, they did a better job than BP.

But dial markers, bracelet, and date font BP has the upper hand, yet they also don't get the dial colour right. I guess its give and take, the perfect 5711 rep still doesnt exist.

5980 on the other hand I am very impressed.

Reactions: SuperLory

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Got mine today. Was in double PP packages. Individually Stickered on polished parts and then doubled wrapped all over. Guessing it’s a v2 but who knows.

f009112eaba4ee3f5f8897312c4d5aee.jpg

8291c24d40114d6e54007e61032fd1e5.jpg

852c5580192430f6d5cbce414f353b97.jpg