• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Aquanaut by ZF is comming.

MarksandSpencer

24/4/17
my point is that 0.4mm is something you notice when wearing it on your wrist instead of your wallet.

The whole point behind these slim watches is that they are slim...

I concede I could be wrong as I've not tried two identical watches with 0.4mm difference in thickness.

I just find it hard to believe such a small difference can have an impact on how it feels on the wrist?

csthe

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/13
Yeah, .25mm thicker than the average. Still makes the difference between this and gen around half the thickness of an average card.

The point I am trying to make is a difference so miniscule is not something anyone will notice unless scrutinising gen and rep together. Even then you'll probably need a caliper to be sure.
I have a gen card and I measured 0.5mm :)

Reactions: vcappp

Nivka

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/4/15
Australia
I concede I could be wrong as I've not tried two identical watches with 0.4mm difference in thickness.

I just find it hard to believe such a small difference can have an impact on how it feels on the wrist?

8.6/8.1 = 1.06, so it's only 6% thicker. I'm inclined to agree with you

Scottymagic

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/3/18
I wear the V6F aquanaut regularly and have never been called out. The naked eye just wouldn't be able to tell for an extra 1.3mm or whatever it is, unless you had the gen side by side off the wrist with it. I don't see the obsession over thickness when under 1.5mm is at play.

That's my 2 cents.

Reactions: Akra

AgentPena

Supporter
28/3/18
South East Asia
I wear the V6F aquanaut regularly and have never been called out. The naked eye just wouldn't be able to tell for an extra 1.3mm or whatever it is, unless you had the gen side by side off the wrist with it. I don't see the obsession over thickness when under 1.5mm is at play.

That's my 2 cents.

if you have a slim wrist, every mm counts, even 1mm is a lot of difference on how the watch sits. This is why certain people can get quite concern over the watch thickness.

i had a JF 15400 and a LL JF 15400 that has been shaved to gen thicknes, the difference is about 0.7mm and it huge difference on how the watch sits.

Doud

I'm Pretty Popular
5/11/12
if you have a slim wrist, every mm counts, even 1mm is a lot of difference on how the watch sits. This is why certain people can get quite concern over the watch thickness.

i had a JF 15400 and a LL JF 15400 that has been shaved to gen thicknes, the difference is about 0.7mm and it huge difference on how the watch sits.

I agree, it’s not about being called out or what others see, it’s more about wearability and comfort, on watches that are designed specifically to be thin, even less than 1mm makes a big difference.

I removed the deco plates and changed the caseback on my ARF, the difference is just over 0.6mm and it makes the watch feel much better on the wrist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nomana

Renowned Member
13/2/18

You spoke for me. I have small wrist

Reactions: glee79 and vcappp

johnryan

Looking Around
15/10/18
Hi Everyone,
I am totally newbie here. In fact this is my first post.
A week ago, I read this thread about aquanaut. So i took some notes. This was prior my trip to Shanghai.
I just came back from Shanghai today. In shanghai, I tried to locate the best aquanaut I could find. I bought one, brown color, at RMB600, so it is about 87USD (their first asking price was RMB3500). Based on this tread, I just made sure the datewheel is centered and the metal clasps are perfectly aligned. I found one among many choices they gave.

Not so sure if it worth it. I don't know the manufacturer, but it looks good as in my avatar. I cannot upload the image here, it said i can only upload 99KB, when try to upload link from pixlebin, it give me file error

Last edited:

MarksandSpencer

24/4/17
Hi Everyone,
A week ago, I read this thread about aquanaut. So i took some notes. This was prior my trip to Shanghai.
I just came back from Shanghai today. In shanghai, I tried to locate the best aquanaut I could find. I bought one, brown color, at RMB600, so it is about 87USD (their first asking price was RMB3500). Based on this tread, I just made sure the datewheel is centered and the metal clasps are perfectly aligned. I found one among many choices they gave.

Not so sure if it worth it. I don't know the manufacturer, but it looks good as in my avatar. I cannot upload the image here, it said i can only upload 99KB, when try to upload link from pixlebin, it give me file error

Hi there. Try upload the file on picr.me and then copy and paste the forum embed link here :)

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
Check my pics... I measured the ZF as 8.6mm with calipers. ZF is not thick compared to gen!! We're talking 0.1mm difference

Another measurement showed 8.9 !?

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
Hi Everyone,

Hmmm looks like your dial is crimson??

superyl

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/17
On Patek official website it clearly says 8.1mm... again where does this 8.5mm come from?.... is Patek scamming us?

superyl

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/17
Well it did say case thickness 8.1mm... does it mean the watch is 8.1mm thick?? I guess not.

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
On Patek official website it clearly says 8.1mm... again where does this 8.5mm come from?.... is Patek scamming us?

All Gen pp reviews said 8.5 official website 8.1
#weneedthetruth

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
Bracelet very easy to rep
22dbfcf29e0b3e2b7a89d8391182c742.jpg