• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Aquanaut by ZF is comming.

petonet

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/11/10
Europe
That clasp.... i asked for a refund because of this...
V2 should improve it ASAP

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Reactions: vcappp

christo14

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/2/16
Guys, really. Don't wait for v2. This looks great on the wrist and most of the flaws everyone is picking up on under magnified pictures are not noticeable on the wrist. To address some of your concerns allow me to explain....

Left sided dw: This is a QC issue, you can reject misplaced dw and ask for correct one. Mine does not sit left, although on numbers 10 to 20 the right digit seems to sit 0.01mm higher than the left digit. I only picked up on this using a loupe. On the wrist it looks fine.

Thickness: I know Repworld was concerned with thickness but this measures 8.6mm. I believe gen is 8.1mm so we're talking half a mm difference. (see below)

Clasp: If they improve I will buy the clasp only to replace as it is the big weakness on this watch but on the wrist its comfortable and passes as ok. Tbh this is my only real gripe

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
I handled a gen 5167r and it had amazing fit, feel and finish.

Yep, a new Patek is amazing .....but a well used example is another story.

The clasp wears with time and doesn’t click shut positively as the mechanism wears.

It’s the same with used Royal Oaks.

Here’s a new 42mm I tried on. It was absolutely beautiful.
6a3029036f3615f3df4388ab2480c5ec.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MarksandSpencer

24/4/17
I hate the crazy tiny nitpicking we get on these forums. I mean we're getting 80+% gen feel for 1/60 of the price of a gen. Factories will never be able to replicate watches with 100% accuracy as a gen is gen for a reason.

Don't get me wrong, some constructive feedback can always be helpful for factories, but to constantly pass on releases you want searching for that 1:1 gen is pure delusion.

Last edited:

natasjames

22/10/12
I hate the crazy tiny nitpicking we get on these forums. I mean we're getting 80+% gen feel for 1/60 of the price of a gen. Factories will never be able to replicate watches with 100% accuracy as a gen is gen for a reason.

Don't get me wrong, some constructive feedback can always be helpful for factories, but to constantly pass on releases you want searching for that 1:1 gen is pure delusion.

Everyone is entitled to voice out displease about a particular rep in a public forum. For me, 500 USD for this watch is a big no. Will wait for next release or other factory.

MarksandSpencer

24/4/17
Everyone is entitled to voice out displease about a particular rep in a public forum. For me, 500 USD for this watch is a big no. Will wait for next release or other factory.

Of course I'm not disputing that if you read what I said. In fact a lot of advances have been made with the help of forum members voicing their criticisms. I just think some of us expect an actual gen watch for rep money and that will never happen.

Last edited:
G

Personally for me I think certain members (we all know who) need to stop the continuous bullshit hype talk before release. All it does is raise the expectancy of something being perfect or Gen like. It doesn't work like that in the rep game. How many versions of the Diver do we have for example?

It's very rare that a rep is released and is considered NWBIG or Super rep status, thats the whole point of differing versions and improvements (which i still think the factories exploit but that's another discussion). I work in IT, I wouldn't expect my developers to release perfect bug free code from Day 1, it's an iterative process.

Stop the hype and bullshit and rather than speculate on maybes and what ifs, judge when it's out and released.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

petonet

8/11/10
Europe
This watch is a huge advance in rep manufacturing... don’t get me wrong...
But this clasp is not on the same level as the rest of the watch, and most uf us would be more than happy with a clasp that closes as it should, nothing more to improve in my opinion...

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16

Exactly best waiting V6F super clone 3:3
All members with current ZF one will sell it when V6F release

G

It took you all of 15 minutes to EXACTLY prove my point. LOL

christo14

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/2/16

In 5 years when V6F release their 5167 version my ZF will probably be on the way out anyway. I'll continue to be pleased with my purchase :)

charlesblack

3/7/18

I agree with this. Obviously, we need to help them make watches better from the understanding that they are never going to be perfect. But, for this watch in particular, I think the price is too high. When I am paying that amount I am expecting something that is top of the line in what reps can offer.

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
You should and must be pleased it!!!
Lovely watch :)
Cheers

If u order it just enjoy it to me waiting for super clone sharp movement,fully interchangeable with Gen

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
If u order it just enjoy it to me waiting for super clone sharp movement,fully interchangeable with Gen

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The clone 324 SC movement is not even out yet, so how do you know the movement parts are interchangeable with the gen? Don't you think we should wait first before making such statements?

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
The clone 324 SC movement is not even out yet, so how do you know the movement parts are interchangeable with the gen? Don't you think we should wait first before making such statements?

Come on - Repworld was never the guy that does what he is typing ;)

every time he writes things like "should wait for gen vs rep comparison before judgement"

and then he denies the existence and names the V6F project abandoned but then he knows that it will be interchangeable hehe...