• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Aquanaut by ZF is comming.

JimbobFender

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
Certified
19/4/15
Central London - UK
Maybe due to angle of the camera but the DW is very bad.

I’ve asked for some photos of it set to 20+ but it’s not looking good

I know I’d be annoyed if I decided to live with it and then ZF release a fix in a month with the next batch like the RM011s with their italic font issue

Reactions: vcappp

natasjames

22/10/12
I’ve asked for some photos of it set to 20+ but it’s not looking good

I know I’d be annoyed if I decided to live with it and then ZF release a fix in a month with the next batch like the RM011s with their italic font issue

Spend your money on better watch which might be cheaper too. Hopefully they update the DW soon n this watch will be 1st in my list.

hnff4444

Looking Around
9/3/15
WTF ZF ...beginner problems ...a centered datewheel and a good clasp shouldn’t be a problem ! ! !

JimbobFender

Supporter
Certified
19/4/15
Central London - UK
It’s so disappointing that a watch so eagerly anticipated and publicised among these forums fell at the final hurdle with something so simple after achieving some really groundbreaking things

Kwigyboo

12/2/18
USA
Received a ZF Aquanaut today. Haven't had time to size it and really put it though its paces yet but a few initial thoughts:

1) Rubber strap and clasp is nowhere close to Gen in terms of feel. Strap is too jelly-like and soft, clasp is flimsy feeling.
2) Case is a good representation of Gen and is nicely finished. Crown guards look to be a bit off though in terms of shape.
3) The extra thickness appears to come from the top bezel and caseback. Midcase looks about the same as Gen. Thinnest measurement I can get with my calipers is 9.0mm. Gen is about 8.1mm.
4) Movement is nicely decorated and finished. Rotor has some QC issues and has some scratches and marks on there.
5) Rotor is loud but in a different way from Gen. More of a metallic scraping sound instead of a mechanical winding sound. If you've ever had a watch with the Miyota 9015 movement you know how it is.
6) Lume is not as strong or evenly lit as Gen
7) Datewheel is not consistent, some numbers are left justified where others are centered. Some weird font issues on some of the '1's
8) Miyota is a hackable movement which I actually consider to be an ugprade to the Gen, lol.

EDIT: Oh forgot to mention, the service Patek box it comes with is pretty hilarious. The holder that the watch sits on is made of some trash foam that disintegrates and leaves a powder on your watch. It also includes the service stickers with barcode, serial and model #, a French quality control checklist, as well as a "QUALITY CONTRAL" Patek service seal, lmao. I give them an A for effort.

Last edited:

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
Received a ZF Aquanaut today. Haven't had time to size it and really put it though its paces yet but a few initial thoughts:

1) Rubber strap and clasp is nowhere close to Gen in terms of feel. Strap is too jelly-like and soft, clasp is flimsy feeling.
2) Case is a good representation of Gen and is nicely finished. Crown guards look to be a bit off though in terms of shape.
3) The extra thickness appears to come from the top bezel and caseback. Midcase looks about the same as Gen. Thinnest measurement I can get with my calipers is 9.0mm. Gen is about 8.1mm.
4) Movement is nicely decorated and finished. Rotor has some QC issues and has some scratches and marks on there.
5) Rotor is loud but in a different way from Gen. More of a metallic scraping sound instead of a mechanical winding sound. If you've ever had a watch with the Miyota 9015 movement you know how it is.
7) Datewheel is not consistent, some numbers are left justified where others are centered. Some weird font issues on some of the '1's
8) Miyota is a hackable movement which I actually consider to be an ugprade to the Gen, lol.

EDIT: Oh forgot to mention, the service Patek box it comes with is pretty hilarious. The holder that the watch sits on is made of some trash foam that disintegrates and leaves a powder on your watch. It also includes the service stickers with barcode, serial and model #, a French quality control checklist, as well as a "QUALITY CONTRAL" Patek service seal, lmao. I give them an A for effort.

Skip waiting V6 forever

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: BlackJaguar

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17

EDIT: Oh forgot to mention, the service Patek box it comes with is pretty hilarious. The holder that the watch sits on is made of some trash foam that disintegrates and leaves a powder on your watch. It also includes the service stickers with barcode, serial and model #, a French quality control checklist, as well as a "QUALITY CONTRAL" Patek service sticker, lmao. A for effort.

Therefore it's crap for the money that ZF is asking! Unbelievable...

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18

thanks for the review and detail info

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OverTheTop

Known Member
12/11/14

:facepalm::picard2::atwitsend:

natasjames

22/10/12

Additional disappointment and my determination to avoid this watch.

Curious, this guy gets a better watch, https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...anaut-received
The DW looks good. QC problem and luck??

The reason why some QC photos showed good DW. Like some mentioned, wear the watch when the DW is centered. :D

Last edited:

vik2001

26/3/14
Ive had this watch serviced now and ita running great. Noisy rotor sorted and everything oiled. Keeps time great.
I actually like the rubber strap very comfortable. However the clasp is flimsy and feels cheap.
Also the datewheel can be a bit off and things sometimes looks centered left. But overall a few issues but im happy with it

christo14

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/2/16
Arrived today. I have to say with all the speculation I was expecting to be disappointed but I'm actually really impressed :)

Contrary to what the other guy said about the strap, I think its great. Not overly floppy and fits well in the lugs (no gaps). I'm normally disgusted with rep strap quality, I always get real leather straps made to replace my rep ones. The case is well made, polish is good and looks just like gen (from what I've seen online as I don't have a gen example to compare). Dial is acually really impressive, I'll try to upload a video as the colours are spot on. Has the matt effect that captures the light to create different colours of grey and brown as the light passes across it.

Movement is a little noisy (typical miyota), nothing a little oil won't fix.

The real disappointment is the clasp (absolute dog s***). Feels cheap and doesn't connect quite right. hopefully another maker makes a better one to replace it with.

Anyway, enough rambling... pictures below.

​​​​​​

Cristobal

Renowned Member
10/6/15
Arrived today. I have to say with all the speculation I was expecting to be disappointed but I'm actually really impressed :)

Contrary to what the other guy said about the strap, I think its great. Not overly floppy and fits well in the lugs (no gaps). I'm normally disgusted with rep strap quality, I always get real leather straps made to replace my rep ones. The case is well made, polish is good and looks just like gen (from what I've seen online as I don't have a gen example to compare). Dial is acually really impressive, I'll try to upload a video as the colours are spot on. Has the matt effect that captures the light to create different colours of grey and brown as the light passes across it.

Movement is a little noisy (typical miyota), nothing a little oil won't fix.

The real disappointment is the clasp (absolute dog s***). Feels cheap and doesn't connect quite right. hopefully another maker makes a better one to replace it with.

Anyway, enough rambling... pictures below.

​​​​​​

Looks great bro..congratulations!!

Reactions: christo14