• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Aquanaut by ZF is comming.

Nivka

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/4/15
Australia
If you go on PureTime or wherever you can get a zoomed image you can see how the font sema ti be similar but it isn’t...now I can’t upload the photo but if you compare the Gen with ZF you can clearly see...

I also can’t believe that the words on the clasp aren’t clean like a PF or similar...

I hope that are only flaws of the prototype or that somebody can tell those flaws to the factory to resolve

If you find such differences unacceptable, it will be difficult to enjoy this hobby. I’ve learned to enjoy reps as nice watches in their own right rather than identical reproductions.

a5539925

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/7/18
No off course they are not.

Do you know how this business works?

Then why are they doing a lot of detailed work on the movement but miss the more obvious things?
rep manufacturers have gotten some acceptable gold colors on certain IWC models.

Reactions: vcappp and talal

Felixle7

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
MULTI ACCOUNT
26/4/11
You cant say anything about the color of the rotor now. The TD pictures are taken in a completly different light.

Gesendet von iPhone mit RWI

Reactions: rj999 and mech500

MarksandSpencer

24/4/17
If you find such differences unacceptable, it will be difficult to enjoy this hobby. I’ve learned to enjoy reps as nice watches in their own right rather than identical reproductions.

This is a good perspective. I've bought some microbrands in the past at a similar price level and every single rep I've had blows them out of the water.

Reactions: rj999 and christo14

nomore1

1/4/18
Additional high quality pics

https://puretime.io/news/PP-ZF-Aquanaut-5167A/

to me it looks pretty good except for
1) DW position (pretty sure this will not be fixed by 25 Sep)
2) hour markets are still too green imho...

otherwise great looking watch...

5X9A9902.jpg

nomore1

1/4/18
I actually remember going to a local grey dealer to buy a gen several months ago... it was the day I discovered that PP trades at premium to retail lol

braveanthony

14/8/18
In every pictures, I can see part of 29 in the date window.. bottom part of 2 of 29.

christo14

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/2/16
The high quality pics really show the dial well. IMO ZF did a really good job. Maybe a relume will make dial markers less green and I can live with the DW, at least the font is right

Nivka

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/4/15
Australia
I don’t think this is a worthwhile upgrade from the v6f. Even though the thinness of the zf would be nice, I’m still holding out for the 324 clone.

If, however, you don’t already have an aquanaut, this zf seems like the best option. That yellow lume is so annoying though

Reactions: Garuda

M_Hall

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/15
It’s a great looking rep but personally I couldn’t live with the DWO, just personal preference but it would just spoil the watch for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

petonet

8/11/10
Europe
It’s a great looking rep but personally I couldn’t live with the DWO, just personal preference but it would just spoil the watch for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let’s wait for the final product, but if it comes like this you can always mod it like any other watch.
It is a huge improvement in everything else!
can’t wait to receive mine...

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

christo14

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/2/16
Let’s wait for the final product, but if it comes like this you can always mod it like any other watch.
It is a huge improvement in everything else!
can’t wait to receive mine...

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

I've pre ordered too. I don't currently own an aquanaut so am excited to receive this :)