• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Aquanaut by ZF is comming.

ernien

Renowned Member
23/9/12
Ontario, Canada
It's the same prototype making the rounds from one TD to the other...

I was hoping the same thing. But as I posted in the other thread, if you look closely at the movements (positions of the screws) between Puretime vs InTime, they are not the same prototype.

christo14

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/2/16
PureTime's pictures are up, maybe they are better.

I checked and they show the grooves much better. They did a really good job with the dial. Only the groves are about 1mm too long near the 6, but I can live with that for a close example of a $30,000 watch

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
I think the Gen samples not new model with ZF so let’s wait Side By Side...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
Here's a gen dial for reference:
1b8Jg.jpg

Some members here would reject that since 1 and 2 are clearly misaligned to the hour markers and to 11 and 10 on the other side of the dial and following the horizontal groove

Once you see it..

tosoboso

I'm Pretty Popular
5/2/15
Some members here would reject that since 1 and 2 are clearly misaligned to the hour markers and to 11 and 10 on the other side of the dial and following the horizontal groove

Once you see it..

That’s why I rarely care about all those QC threads around here.

And btw, there’s nothing wrong with the gen dial
- that’s the design, just check patek dot com

christo14

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/2/16
Look here, photo number 3
https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=259627
The dial line looks as long as the ZF

Possibly there are variations with the gen dials? Hand finished after all so expected fractional human error?? I mean we're using magnified dial images after all, on the wrist these minor inconsistencies are un-noticeable. I mean we're talking about 0.2mm difference at most lol

Chemicalz

Renowned Member
27/2/15
Possibly there are variations with the gen dials? Hand finished after all so expected fractional human error?? I mean we're using magnified dial images after all, on the wrist these minor inconsistencies are un-noticeable. I mean we're talking about 0.2mm difference at most lol

Possibly there have been slight variations throughout the years, and the gen samples they got was like that, we need more pics to confirm this theory

OverTheTop

Known Member
12/11/14
As I said in the other post this rep is a good base but has much flaws...I hope at least that they will fix the font of “Patek Philippe” on the dial and the words Patek Philippe Geneve on the clasp (that are not clean) before the 25th of september...

Reactions: csthe and Rina1988

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
As I said in the other post this rep is a good base but has much flaws...I hope at least that they will fix the font of “Patek Philippe” on the dial and the words Patek Philippe Geneve on the clasp (that are not clean) before the 25th of september...

What is off on the "Patek Philippe" on the dial? I'm missing it, so I'm probably looking in the wrong places.

OverTheTop

Known Member
12/11/14
What is off on the "Patek Philippe" on the dial? I'm missing it, so I'm probably looking in the wrong places.

If you go on PureTime or wherever you can get a zoomed image you can see how the font sema ti be similar but it isn’t...now I can’t upload the photo but if you compare the Gen with ZF you can clearly see...

I also can’t believe that the words on the clasp aren’t clean like a PF or similar...

I hope that are only flaws of the prototype or that somebody can tell those flaws to the factory to resolve

Darude

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
17/4/18
If you go on PureTime or wherever you can get a zoomed image you can see how the font sema ti be similar but it isn’t...now I can’t upload the photo but if you compare the Gen with ZF you can clearly see...

I also can’t believe that the words on the clasp aren’t clean like a PF or similar...

I hope that are only flaws of the prototype or that somebody can tell those flaws to the factory to resolve

Lol tbh if you take off the watch, people would know that it’s a rep simply by looking at the movement, I don’t think the words on the clasp is too much of a deal, but it’s good to have it correct.

reppin

Renowned Member
27/5/12
its hard to know what exactly to take serious a real flaw with all the paranoia going on in this thread. Any of the Patek guys can see anything else apart from the date wheel(might be a QC issue)?

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17

to say that this watch has too many flaws is just ridiculous and a complete joke.

Dont you see how many things they have updated? begin with the gen like case construction and the height while every other model has its weak point on this particular thing (pressed on bezels, too big mid case, too fat case back, too much decoration)

then you have the correct DW font with a misalignment in the TD pictures - which is probably a QC issue as the 9015 uses a DWO.

The lume markers are color wise better than any other option to date on the market (beside the BP dial but that dial got its particular weak spots on other things)

Calling the printing "off" is also just a silly phrase - it is merely a difference in boldness or height but nothing nowhere near "off" the printing is of a good quality so nobody should worry about that.

And then in the end there was the bespoken "flaw" regarding the crown... - i just can shake my head while there are so many improvements on this watch and the overall build quality looks solid in the TD pics...

There was already someone who said it - what do you expect from a rep off a 20.000$ watch? Please just buy the gen... But saying that this watch has too many flaws compared to other options nowadays is just silly.

a5539925

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/7/18
Why does the yellow gold color of the rotor look so cheap/fake?

tosoboso

I'm Pretty Popular
5/2/15
I have to second what BIONONE has said / I was quick to point out the not so white lume, but I was only trying to be helpful if the maker was looking to fix anything before the final release. But this is still a great effort and should be welcomed as such if only because of the case construction and the thinness. Clearly there are other key positives that have been mentioned, so I can’t see why people are complaining about the price when they are happily paying more for relatively poorly executed APs that have so many visible flaws. In other words, there are flaws, but those are either negligible (crown, extra length of dials grooves) or could be fixed by modding (datewheel, rotor colour). For a piece that costs 2% of the real thing, I think we’re getting a lot of real estate. So let’s enjoy what we have and worry about the clasp and other similar issues when called out by a rude stranger on the tube that actually happens to know what a Patek is and how the engraving on the clasp should look and feel :)

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
I have to second what BIONONE has said / I was quick to point out the not so white lume, but I was only trying to be helpful if the maker was looking to fix anything before the final release. But this is still a great effort and should be welcomed as such if only because of the case construction and the thinness. Clearly there are other key positives that have been mentioned, so I can’t see why people are complaining about the price when they are happily paying more for relatively poorly executed APs that have so many visible flaws. In other words, there are flaws, but those are either negligible (crown, extra length of dials grooves) or could be fixed by modding (datewheel, rotor colour). For a piece that costs 2% of the real thing, I think we’re getting a lot of real estate. So let’s enjoy what we have and worry about the clasp and other similar issues when called out by a rude stranger on the tube that actually happens to know what a Patek is and how the engraving on the clasp should look and feel :)

Thank you, Sir.

Was a bit angry about the last pages of comments...