• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Aquanaut by ZF is comming.

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
Really? Which factory? I don't ever remember seeing a 9015 with the balance bridge moved to the opposite side.

I'm actually equally impressed that everything seems to be spelled correctly on the movement. That's a nice change.

Exactly, the PF Nautilus is a standard Miyota with custom bridges and balance wheel in the wrong spot

Reactions: vcappp

Keylog74

Put Some Respect On My Name
14/6/13
Well intime description says so.
014b8cedfbd643ffc3edb550b237b717.png

Reactions: mech500

christo14

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/2/16
I think they done a good job with the dial. Polishing on case looks great too. I can't see the issue spoken about with the crown as which year/variation is this being compared too? Date even looks ok and the thinness is impressive, not as impressive as balance wheel being in the correct position, thats a hell of a job to pull off from ZF (at least for my rudimentary knowledge of movement mods). People can be picky and hold off but you don't see many of these in the wild so I'm buying :)

Darude

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
17/4/18
The movement is exactly the same as the one from the ladies models. People were like oh the movement doesn’t look like gen, the red jewels weren’t right, ZF definitely do better job than this.

Once ZF has finally released the aquanaut, and everyone is like oh the movement is sick, the balance wheel position is correct lol.

Reactions: vcappp and bill33

tosoboso

I'm Pretty Popular
5/2/15
I like the overall product. I already commented briefly on the lume patches which are still yellow-ish and not gen like (why can’t the factories borrow the lume application technique that is used for the seconds sub-dial on Pams is beyond me - the gen 5167 has got nice bubbles/drops of lume where as all reps have patches of yellow ‘plaster’, which is clearly not the case with Pams) - so this is still a weak point, although better than alternative offerings.

As to the balance wheel - that is still not centred @ 6 as the gen. I think it’s just a visual illusion but nothing more.

I’ll still get that piece, just prefer to be realistic about it’s strong and weak sides.

Reactions: vcappp and mech500

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
The movement is exactly the same as the one from the ladies models. People were like oh the movement doesn’t look like gen, the red jewels weren’t right, ZF definitely do better job than this.

Once ZF has finally released the aquanaut, and everyone is like oh the movement is sick, the balance wheel position is correct lol.

You must be either blind or a troll

xpresso

Known Member
18/2/17
Just curious about the dw and lume.
The gen lume looks very good compare to the rep photo and the dw alignment...

I think it would be very nice if ZF can fix the crown, else are good enough.

Fat Dave

1/6/13
Australia
Well intime description says so.

014b8cedfbd643ffc3edb550b237b717.png

Yes, the description also says it's the only version with the balance bridge on the opposite side to the regular 9015 movement, which is NOT what is in the Nautilus, which is why your original post (saying it's the same as what was in the Nautilus) was confusing. No current Nautilus has this layout. (but hopefully it's coming...)

What you said was this:

Movement is the same miyota as on the nautilus...

Keylog74

Put Some Respect On My Name
14/6/13
Yes, the description also says it's the only version with the balance bridge on the opposite side to the regular 9015 movement, which is NOT what is in the Nautilus, which is why your original post (saying it's the same as what was in the Nautilus) was confusing. No current Nautilus has this layout. (but hopefully it's coming...)

What you said was this:

maybe you shold check the decoration on the nautilus again. now how they did move the balanve wheel side its a diffrent story...

dashindark

Renowned Member
20/4/17

True. The ladies PP apparently uses the same movement layout as this ZF release and everyone was like "ZF should do better than this."

Reactions: vcappp

Fat Dave

1/6/13
Australia

Yes, that illustrates my point perfectly. Your example shows the regular balance bridge location, with just a decorative plate over top which goes to the other side. So not the same at all.

Which is the entire point.

Same versus not the same.

It's not the same.

Akra

11/1/17
Yes, that illustrates my point perfectly. Your example shows the regular balance bridge location, with just a decorative plate over top which goes to the other side. So not the same at all.

Which is the entire point.

Same versus not the same.

It's not the same.

I'm not sure what the point is but i'll throw in a gen nautilus caseback for comparison:
Nautilus-5711-1A-back.jpg

Which as you can see has the same position of the balance wheel as the BP/JJF/KMF if I'm correct.
So yes, it seems to be the slimmest at the moment; but not "the only version on the market which has the same position of balance wheel as the genuine".