• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Aquanaut by ZF is comming.

Olivier7

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
12/8/17
Tomorrow is the last day of the month!!

Envoyé de mon CLT-L29 en utilisant Tapatalk

B0j

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/4/18
Guess they are going to release 10 more Breitlings before they appease us. I can’t wait for this and the 5296 they will be releasing much longer lol.

cmoray

2/2/13
A near perfect Nautilus and Aquanaut in terms of size, dw and finish will sell like hot cake. I don't understand why fatories with higher requtation don't get in the game.

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
A near perfect Nautilus and Aquanaut in terms of size, dw and finish will sell like hot cake. I don't understand why fatories with higher requtation don't get in the game.

They're too busy making more popular and profitable models.

cmoray

2/2/13
They're too busy making more popular and profitable models.

In the gen world a used Nautilus 5711 costs more than the retail price of a new one because of the high demand.

natasjames

22/10/12
2nd times disappointing wait. Will now spend my money on the new Samsung Galaxy smart watch. :D

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
In the gen world a used Nautilus 5711 costs more than the retail price of a new one because of the high demand.

Now you can say exactly the same thing about “more popular” Rolex sport watches.

cmoray

2/2/13
Now you can say exactly the same thing about “more popular” Rolex sport watches.

This is true if we are ralking about the new BLRO, Daytona, Sea Dweller. What about Explorer, Oyster Perpetual and Datejust models? Can we say the same thing? What about all those ugly Royal Oak Offshore models?

Reactions: arepuj and mech500

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
This is true if we are ralking about the new BLRO, Daytona, Sea Dweller. What about Explorer, Oyster Perpetual and Datejust models? Can we say the same thing? What about all those ugly Royal Oak Offshore models?

Not only BLRO, Daytona, Sea Dweller.. Ceramic subs too.
OP and DJ are not considered as Rolex sports watches.

cmoray

2/2/13
Not only BLRO, Daytona, Sea Dweller.. Ceramic subs too.
OP and DJ are not considered as Rolex sports watches.

I guess I couldn't make myself clear. All the reputable factories are working on models that are not as popular as Nautilus or Aquanaut. I know what Op or DJ is. Do you think that Nautilus rep will sell less than those? I understand the fact that buying a gen to copy is is much much more expensive and this may be the reason that draws them back from such project.

Last edited:
Reactions: vcappp

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
I’d invest in the project...if I were in with the factories etc.

Can’t see why they can’t raise £40k for a gen.

That’s peanuts.

So many wealthy Asian business men in HK and they can’t raise 40k (plus usual R&D for development required for any rep).

They could sell the reps for $600 each. Why not? PF charge $500.

But then again the factories are not stupid. Maybe the PF sales figures have not been in the same ball park as Rolex sales.

So factories probably thinking, even if the quality of replication is improved significantly, it won’t increase sales by many orders of magnitude to compete with the rep Rolex market. I don’t know, just speculation

MarksandSpencer

24/4/17

That’s peanuts.

So many wealthy Asian business men in HK and they can’t raise 40k (plus usual R&D for development required for any rep).

But then again the factories are not stupid. Maybe the PF sales figures have not been in the same ball park as Rolex sales.

So factories probably thinking, even if the quality of replication is improved significantly, it won’t increase sales by many orders of magnitude to compete with the rep Rolex market. I don’t know, just speculation

Same, if I were them I would even hire many of the experts on the forums as consultants. Over 75% of the issues people have with new releases can be solved if they simply looked at the forums or learnt from past releases.

I understand the logic that some argue that factories make mistakes on purpose to continue making money from future releases, but it doesn't make sense to me as most of the time with a new release to fix 1 thing, they mess up a couple things they got right before. Even your idea on a previous post about having in-house modding can pay huge dividends for factories/TD's. Then again, apparently only a small percentage of business resonates from these forums.

Last edited:
Reactions: vcappp and mech500

Mike Page

23/6/15

That’s peanuts.

I would have to agree with you on this one mech500

Reactions: mech500

M_Hall

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/15
Buying a gen 5711 to replicate would cost the factory nothing surely? As the resale would be higher than purchase?

Or is the watch damaged/ destroyed in some way when replicating?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: mech500