• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Aquanaut by ZF is comming.

christo14

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/2/16
VSF? ZF? these are but small workshops owned by some daring individuals. The only reason that they exist is that Guangdong is the frontier for opening and reform and the regulations and practices are not strictly enforced. Get a map of mainland China and you will see why.
You can dream bigger like if the trade war is getting worse and the chinese government will decide to interfere with the rep production for some reason.
The central governent first injects capital into several local manufacturing SOEs, and then 50,000,000+ skilled workers work 8 hours+night shift, 7 days a week to replicate anything they want to replicate. Small projects like PP Aquanaut and AP 15400 can be perfectly done in a week, EMS shipping, two weeks from now you have a perfect PP rep on your wrist.
A month from now rep enthusiasts are all excited, but a year from now people would speak Mandarin on RWI and English posts would not get replied.
Two years from now, the last swiss high-end watchmaker goes bankruptcy and you will never be interested in wearing mechanical watches again. watches then would have nothing to do with status or wealth anymore.

Enjoy the privilege of wearing reps, which your descendants may not enjoy.

A rather bleak outlook for the future my friend lol

Reactions: gilrob

christo14

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/2/16
Ok go to trash andsearch for us with good translation Chinese mandarin there...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I enjoy your posts Repworld I can't interpret mandarin, and i take your information as an indication only. I understand that you, like me, are trying to workout best whats going on with the limited information available. Please keep on posting useful insights

Reactions: vcappp and The Rod

ywg

3/7/17
I'm assuming ZF will use a modified Miyota because of its balance wheel position. Who knows, maybe some day V6 will develop a 324 SC clone or a 3120/3126 clone. Time will tell. Personally, I would love to see the 3 of these movements cloned and used to build super reps. I am really hoping that someone rolls out a 3120/3126 super clone, because it will completely change the AP rep game. Also, 3126 is basically 3120 with a chrono function built on top of it, so if someone takes time to clone the 3120 they will put in the extra effort to develop the 3126 as well.

Reactions: vcappp and superyl
G

Looks like you're an even better fake news writer ;)

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

l’avventura

Horology Curious
26/7/18
The ladies version that was posted here is now for sale via puretime, does this mean we're moving closer..

l’avventura

Horology Curious
26/7/18
because it has nothing to do with ZF

Maybe not, I mentioned it because it was relevant to the last discussion on here. I'm no expert but I thought ZF were the only ones producing a new 'Swiss Made' dial which this watch features?

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
The watches on PT are the ladies models. And are not near ZFs quality.

They were relevant regarding the discussion because Repworld mixed things up because of a distracting post on a chinese forum...

sometimes it is just horrible with all the inside information and the insights from non authorized people...

Reactions: Nivka

l’avventura

Horology Curious
26/7/18

They were relevant regarding the discussion because Repworld mixed things up because of a distracting post on a chinese forum...

sometimes it is just horrible with all the inside information and the insights from non authorized people...

No inside information here and I’m definitely not an authorised person, just an observation that some may have found interesting. You clearly didn’t.

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
No inside information here and I’m definitely not an authorised person, just an observation that some may have found interesting. You clearly didn’t.

i was referring to Repworld who spread unauthorized information mate. Nothing against you.

I don't see why you feel offended by any of my comments...

l’avventura

Horology Curious
26/7/18
i was referring to Repworld who spread unauthorized information mate. Nothing against you.

I don't see why you feel offended by any of my comments...

My last remark was intended to be tongue and cheek, I did think you were referring to my post but it’s all good

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16

Don’t forget this with ZF ..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk