• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Aquanaut by ZF is comming.

reppin

Renowned Member
27/5/12
15202 with decorated miyota is 8.8mm also

so JF is just being lazy with the 15400 then? because if they did a ZF/PF style miyota we would have a thin 15400 since its thicker than 5711 and 15202

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
Well well, a new Aquanaut came for me at least. Not ZF though, just the good ol' V6f with an ETA clone:

4WCd8sU.jpg

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
Out of curiosity, do you reckon this is better than the PF version?

The font is better, and as far as I know it's the same thinness. The only difference is that the movement is not decorated in this case, which to me doesn't make much of a difference because after all even a decorated movement will never look like a real Patek no matter how.

Reactions: majwilliams0308

LuminorReptar

RepTime BST Mod
27/3/17
Beyond the Pines.
I was actually planning too, but I'm actually consolidating my collection from about 30 pieces to 10-15 and planning to buy 1-2 gens this year. I used to enjoy having a large collection, but I never wore most of them, I think it's better to have a smaller collection but to wear each piece.

haha yeah I was only half kidding. I only have a collection of about 10 right now and as it stands I have difficulty ensuring all my watches get equal wrist-time..

What are you planning to let go of?

MarksandSpencer

24/4/17
haha yeah I was only half kidding. I only have a collection of about 10 right now and as it stands I have difficulty ensuring all my watches get equal wrist-time..

What are you planning to let go of?

Quite a variety to be honest. Some vintage (Rado, 2 Soviet-era watches), some brands I bought before I got into watches, few reps (Santos, PAM, AP), some Seiko's etc. When I really got into watches a year or so ago, I bought so much, just to realise later that I don't wear most and I probably just bought them for the sake of it. It was definitely a valuable lesson.

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
Watch look great, f**k miyota

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hakai

11/6/18
Looks quite more purple compared to the gen colour. Probably is the light

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
stamped... not engraved. is it just me or are gen dials engraved?

nomana

Renowned Member
13/2/18
stamped... not engraved. is it just me or are gen dials engraved?

I’m not expert but it has the same look to me. I think they used cheapest method. I guess stamp method is cheaper, why bother with engraving which (maybe) better but give 10% better look to human eyes.

BTW I dont have both gen and this rep, I cant judge. Just what I guess:)
f524b355457b7e592fe26b559db64ae9.jpg

BIONONE

28/4/17
I’m not expert but it has the same look to me. I guess stamp method is cheaper, why bother with engraving which (maybe) better but give 10% better look to human eyes.

Just what I guess:)

checked the gen - the gen is clearly engraved.

so you get rounded edges of the square pattern when it is stamped. Even though it is possibly cheaper - it is less gen like. And that is the point of the rep game when it comes to new developments or new releases with updates.

So in order to that - 10% more gen likeness are essential as it is nothing minor on the back of the watch like the opened movement or so - the exceptional dial with its sunburst effect is the most characteristic part of the aquanaut beside the watches shape and its rubber strap.

BIONONE

28/4/17
don't forget to mention that the blue dial only was available with batons/ sticks not with printed and lumed hour markers for a 40mm case diameter as far as i know.

So - i hope it is just a prototype.

Last edited:

nomana

Renowned Member
13/2/18
checked the gen - the gen is clearly engraved.

so you get rounded edges of the square pattern when it is stamped. Even though it is possibly cheaper - it is less gen like. And that is the point of the rep game when it comes to new developments or new releases with updates.

So in order to that - 10% more gen likeness are essential as it is nothing minor on the back of the watch like the opened movement or so - the exceptional dial with its sunburst effect is the most characteristic part of the aquanaut beside the watches shape and its rubber strap.

don't forget to mention that the blue dial only was available with batons/ sticks not with printed and lured hour markers for a 40mm case diameter as far as i know.

So - i hope it is just a prototype.

Agree and I hope so too

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
It’s just unfinished waiting final prototype , forget about greenish blue stay with Gen sample Dial

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk