• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Aquanaut by ZF is comming.

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
If this arrives by next month I'll run down Piccadilly naked...

Well, there are no clone movements involved, only a case redesign which we have already seen on Ryan's website...does look feasible to me, but maybe I'm just naive

christo14

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/2/16
Well, there are no clone movements involved, only a case redesign which we have already seen on Ryan's website...does look feasible to me, but maybe I'm just naive

We can remain hopeful, for a good example Aquanaut I don't mind waiting. I just don't want it to turn into a v6s Nautilus scenario where we are still awaiting it this time next year

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
We can remain hopeful, for a good example Aquanaut I don't mind waiting. I just don't want it to turn into a v6s Nautilus scenario where we are still awaiting it this time next year

I think at least ryan is a reliable source when he drops some of those comparisons on his website.

BUT after all the trouble last year with all the so hyped up "Insights and Novelties" i cant trust no one anymore haha

The V6F Nautilus-Wait was killing every fun on a new released model (for example PF - even if it is full of flaws that need to be fixed at this price point)

now we have ZF in the Patek game and ZF seems to be strong when you look at their recent releases... They even have the money to release table clocks haha

and at this point i hope even more to get a decent case plus a decent movement - maybe with gen-height with some sort of trick... I mean - they managed to turn a simple 9015 into a moon phase movement (JLC Ultra Thin Moon Phase which ryan showed some month ago)

i really like that.

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
I asked Ryan some more details and he replied that "We are expecting the model at the end of the month". Just a couple of weeks left ;)

Reactions: christo14

BIONONE

28/4/17
I asked Ryan some more details and he replied that "We are expecting the model at the end of the month". Just a couple of weeks left ;)

hopefully - would be great addition even if i have a V6F A2824 Version on its way to me haha

natasjames

22/10/12
I was about to pull my trigger on V6F but didn't order after I read this thread weeks ago. Hopefully a good rep and not crazy price like PF.

BIONONE

28/4/17
I was about to pull my trigger on V6F but didn't order after I read this thread weeks ago. Hopefully a good rep and not crazy price like PF.

V6F will be still a great beater for the price. no other rep can bring up this price tag at a decent looking face/case shape even if it is a bit too thick. Decorated movements look cool but at the end you cant fool anyone with decorated bridges or modified mainplates...

So all in all the look of the V6F is such a nice compromise as already said for the price.

I will buy the ZF swell if they do a good job on all details - just a 1:1 case isn't enough to survive the todays rep market.

natasjames

22/10/12
V6F will be still a great beater for the price. no other rep can bring up this price tag at a decent looking face/case shape even if it is a bit too thick. Decorated movements look cool but at the end you cant fool anyone with decorated bridges or modified mainplates...

So all in all the look of the V6F is such a nice compromise as already said for the price.

I will buy the ZF swell if they do a good job on all details - just a 1:1 case isn't enough to survive the todays rep market.

I will wait for this ZF, no hurry to spend my money. If it is overpriced or crappy then I will order the V6F.

BIONONE

28/4/17
I was tired of all the wait... Last factory insight for the V6F Nautilus ruined all recently released 5711 Models for me...

And so did those comparisons that are basically not as helpful as a complete side by side. Cant imagine they are developing the Dial and the movement within one month from showing the case till releasing the whole watch - so as already mentioned - why would they hide the essentials of the watch?

The case is just a small factor of many. So i think sometimes less waiting is more :D

I have the feeling that sometimes someone will wait for the next better release while forgetting that there is so much great stuff on the market right now which seems not as good because of the pickiness...

Reactions: Hinclimincli

natasjames

22/10/12
I was tired of all the wait... Last factory insight for the V6F Nautilus ruined all recently released 5711 Models for me...

And so did those comparisons that are basically not as helpful as a complete side by side. Cant imagine they are developing the Dial and the movement within one month from showing the case till releasing the whole watch - so as already mentioned - why would they hide the essentials of the watch?

The case is just a small factor of many. So i think sometimes less waiting is more :D

I have the feeling that sometimes someone will wait for the next better release while forgetting that there is so much great stuff on the market right now which seems not as good because of the pickiness...

I was waiting for the hyper 5711 too. If it is out, I might buy but unfortunately, nothing till now. Waiting and no harm done. I still have other great watches to wear.

Recent PF 5711 and 5167, personally not worth the money. In rep world, it is personal preference and patient. No right, no wrong on which watch.

Reactions: mech500

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
I have my wallet ready...

...to get a v6f SW200 or ETA clone once people start flipping them for $200 to raise funds for the $495 that (most likely) this will cost :hehehe:

Reactions: SuperLory

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
Last update from Ryan: two weeks.

reppists : could you please share any preview pics? If this Aquanaut is going to be released so soon I guess ZF must have a prototype ready at hand

reppists

MULTI ACCOUNT
10/3/18
Last update from Ryan: two weeks.

reppists : could you please share any preview pics? If this Aquanaut is going to be released so soon I guess ZF must have a prototype ready at hand

I’ve seen the dial (no more greenish minute markers), hands, datewheel and case, they look promising. It will be priced well over 410 (roughly around 410-450usd), still cheaper than the one from PF.

BIONONE

28/4/17
I’ve seen the dial (no more greenish minute markers), hands, datewheel and case, they look promising. It will be priced well over 410 (roughly around 410-450usd), still cheaper than the one from PF.

and which movement will they use?

will it be another 500 bucks miyota grenade? :D

Reactions: SuperLory