• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Nautilus date wheel project

Keylog74

Put Some Respect On My Name
14/6/13
Spongebob I think, but Keylog74 will be able to tell more about the datewheel buying process

Correct. Long story short, the website is very simple, you check out with PayPal, receive and order confirmation and usually also an email with shipping details. The reason why this specific user, haven't yet received this is unknown to me. But i can't neither confirm nor deny that the particular order has been processed or not. What i can tell for a fact is that no one has ever been scammed or not received the product paid for.

I'm however more than confident that Spongebob will clear this situation, and i actually just txt him about this like I did with the previous situation with the wrong order, even though I'm not involved in selling and shipping i try to keep the community informed as an insider

Both me and BIONONE gave this project just time and knowledge without profiting.

Last edited:

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
Thanks Keylog, that's pretty much how I'd pictured the process.

guessit Maybe you could PM your order number and other detail to Keylog, that could help the resolution of your issue

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Thanks Keylog, that's pretty much how I'd pictured the process.

guessit Maybe you could PM your order number and other detail to Keylog, that could help the resolution of your issue

According to @guesst he never got an order number or acknowledgement of payment from Spongebob ( see Post #1339, this thread).

guessit

Known Member
17/11/19
According to @guesst he never got an order number or acknowledgement of payment from Spongebob ( see Post #1339, this thread).

I received an email showing only order number but no information about shipping, and no answer from seller about why I had no news for 11 days.

Last edited:

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
I received an email showing only order number but no information about shipping, and no answer from seller about why I had no news for 11 days.

Okay, it takes awhile (more than 11 days) for Spongebob to send it to you. Mine arrived almost a month after I ordered using snail mail. From what you stated earlier, I thought you got absolutely nothing as far as emails. Hope everything works out well for you.

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Sorry. i can ask him to refund you.

A surprise email from Spongebob arrived this morning. I think he is unaware that a request for reimbursement is underway, I think we should cancel that unless you have already started. Spongebob apologized for not replying to my emails, citing personal issues.

Spongebob stated that he is working with a different vendor. Currently the alignment issues have been corrected but the date font needs improvement. The DWO should ready by the 15th.

daft772

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/5/19
Love this project, I’ve installed a bunch of these.
One thing that I want to add for future improvement would be... the 7 doesn’t look like the Gen font. I’m not an expert, and maybe there’s a variation of the Gen that looks the same, but from what I see, the Gen’s 7 gets skinnier towards the corner whereas this dwo font weight is consistent throughout

stephparis75

Horology Curious
3/9/17
Hello everyone, I would be interested in this project for my PF, the project is still relevant ? just to place an order on the site ?
Thank you.

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
Love this project, I’ve installed a bunch of these.
One thing that I want to add for future improvement would be... the 7 doesn’t look like the Gen font. I’m not an expert, and maybe there’s a variation of the Gen that looks the same, but from what I see, the Gen’s 7 gets skinnier towards the corner whereas this dwo font weight is consistent throughout

They spend a lot of time with gen renders pics to get the current datewheel font right, so it's right from a digital point of view and how Patek envisioned it, but in the wild, the gen may suffer some minor variability, especially since the Pad printing method used to make those gen datewheel is not fool proof

Reactions: Keylog74

cookie3

Horology Curious
22/10/19
I got PPF, so I ordered immediately.
I'm trembling from now because it's my first installation.

Jack Hobbes

9/9/19
Alright lads, I goofed up. I was trying to center the 12 o clock marker and I scratched the dial with my tweezers:( Any chance I can fix this or did I just drop a nuke on my project?
a87c97f5dbc40e0d922c675842c1837e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
Alright lads, I goofed up. I was trying to center the 12 o clock marker and I scratched the dial with my tweezers:( Any chance I can fix this or did I just drop a nuke on my project?

That's a new dial tbh...

But if you want to salvage it, you could buy some metal model airfix paints (for painting aeroplane/boat models etc) and get 2 or 3 shades of blue/dark blue and use a tiny paintbrush and fill in some of the scratches trying your best to colour match. Don't just put 1 paint layer down though... and it's the finding the colour match the hard bit!

Jack Hobbes

9/9/19
So your saying maybe I should just leave it? I hear what your saying about finding the right color which is hard because most of the factories can’t even find the right color.

Jack Hobbes

9/9/19
That's a new dial tbh...

But if you want to salvage it, you could buy some metal model airfix paints (for painting aeroplane/boat models etc) and get 2 or 3 shades of blue/dark blue and use a tiny paintbrush and fill in some of the scratches trying your best to colour match. Don't just put 1 paint layer down though... and it's the finding the colour match the hard bit!

So your saying maybe I should just leave it? As getting the wrong color may be worse.

stanevo6

computer says no
29/5/17
The Low Lands
Jack Hobbes what the heck did you do?? you could try also waterproof felt-tipped pen in the same color and try to tip it very gently, and use a loupe The white in the scratch will always be seen by you, so if you can make that a little bit blue perhaps it will not be noticed anymore. Otherwise a new dial. Can't help you there, no idea were to get one. Good Luck and show us the result.

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Either have a modder touch it up for you, buy a new dial from a TD or buy a used dial from M2M (if none is available place a WTB).

Jack Hobbes

9/9/19
I was adjusting the 12 o clock marker because it was crooked. The tweezers I was using slipped off of the marker and dug right into the dial. Sad moment... but I think I will try a dark blue paint. I will try my best to get the color as close as possible but whatever it comes out to be will be better than the blinding reflection of the aluminum underneath. I don’t want to get another dial as I don’t know what “brand” this nautilus is. So I will keep you all posted on how this comes out so if any future people have problems they can look at this. Any last thoughts or ideas?