• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Nautilus date wheel project

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
Have an offer for a gen white dial and we talked about if its worse to buy a white gen dial, if ppf is very close or spend the money on other watches

have ordered a ppf dial + hands + ppf dwo & just waiting on my dial if it has any flaws

in this moment i have a pf base with pf dwo and want to change to ppf or maybe gen dial, so i asked which dw fits better to gen

Sent from the RWI App

The gen white dial is AMAZING (I own it), but the PPF looks truthfully like 95% of the way there.

The big thing that is lacking is the markers aren't burnt white gold (which gives a different finish than painted), and the off-angle light reflection is slightly different than gen, but the ppf dial is still well done and beautiful.

If the gen dial is under $1500, go for it, is my opinion.

sam_7

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/10/19
The gen white dial is AMAZING (I own it), but the PPF looks truthfully like 95% of the way there.

The big thing that is lacking is the markers aren't burnt white gold (which gives a different finish than painted), and the off-angle light reflection is slightly different than gen, but the ppf dial is still well done and beautiful.

If the gen dial is under $1500, go for it, is my opinion.

Thank you for your excellent description!!

Hmm.. my seller would give it away for 1700$ + taxes

Do the ppf hands fit optically good to the gen dial in your opinion?

Keylog74

Put Some Respect On My Name
14/6/13
Do the ppf hands fit optically good to the gen dial in your opinion?

My question here is : are you going to flex it or wear it? This is all you need to know. Pm here and there are useful... we are who we are and no one is you!

sam_7

10/10/19
He means are you going to wear it for yourself/the purists on the forum and share lots of pics, or are you going to try and pass it off as genuine irl and on Instagram

Haha okay i understand.. I like to see how the watch gets better from time to time, so from mod to mod - so the process of it, you understand? It is just interesting what you have opportunities to eliminate various flaws.
You only do that for yourself or you want to share it with someone who has the same interests, ie the people here.
Thats not going about showing off.

Since my pm refers more to the dial than the dwo, I did not want to mention this, because this thread is mainly dealing with the dwo

Sent from the RWI App

sam_7

10/10/19

this is my actually watch- pf with pf dwo, relumed & rotor silenced & this happened to my dial, bc one marker come off, while shipping, so now i had to search for a new dial & would like the white one, but this thread is only about dwo, thats why i only asked here something about the dwo

Keylog74

Put Some Respect On My Name
14/6/13
sam_7 if 1.7k is no big deal for you, go gen dial. Details on that are superior date window specially. This details however are never noticed on the wrist and if you don't have both watches side by side.

sam_7

10/10/19
sam_7 if 1.7k is no big deal for you, go gen dial. Details on that are superior date window specially. This details however are never noticed on the wrist and if you don't have both watches side by side.

If my ppd dial, i‘ve ordered, comes with some problems(no qc pictures),i will go gen, but if it comes like normal, i will think about it
Thanks for your help, let you guys know, when its done

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Keylog74

I sent you a message which you probably did not receive because it was sent via a previous post. Please refer to Post #1318 of this thread to view the message. Any help you can render will be appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited:

guessit

Known Member
17/11/19
I asked PayPal for a refund too. At least I'd like to get some news after spending over $ 100. I didn't know anything after more than 10 days.

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
I asked PayPal for a refund too. At least I'd like to get some news after spending over $ 100. I didn't know anything after more than 10 days.

Did they at least acknowledge receipt of your payment. They acknowledged my payment and the DWO arrived weeks later, but I received the wrong one.

guessit

Known Member
17/11/19
Nope, they did not. I payed but never received any news in 10 days. All right, it means that I won't use my nautilus from 20 to 29 every month, but I want my money back now.

Last edited:

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Nope, they did not. I payed but never received any news in 10 days. All right, it means that I won't use my nautilus from 20 to 29 every month, but I want my money back now.

That is not a good business practice. I hope we get our refunds without any problems. I'm already out of around $140.00 including modders fees, shipping to and from the modder and the DWO itself.