• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Nautilus date wheel project

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Spongebob , Keylog74
The modder,Cbuckalew89 , that's installing a MKF DWO on my MKF Nautilus v6 watch found that it is not centering correctly. He has provided me a picture showing this, please advice as to where I could forward the picture for your verification. Could it be that a wrong DWO was shipped?

Ultra929 , are you experiencing the same?

​​​​​​​Thanks.

Keylog74

Put Some Respect On My Name
14/6/13
please advice as to where I could forward the picture for your verification

You can either send it to me or Spongebob . Best would be to him since he has all the dw and can check for you. However, I did send him a msg about your issue.

Jack Hobbes

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/9/19
Hey guys, I have a question. So on my nautilus bezel the grain of the stainless steel seems to be slanted just a bit. This bothers me constantly and I was wondering if anyone would know how to re polish the stainless steel to be straight? I have looked at tutorials on YouTube for how to get a brushed finish on stainless steel any thought?
188b1999aec55eff0aac0671ba769ef9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

guessit

Known Member
17/11/19
Great project! I just ordered a MKF and a ZF date wheel. I have not had the chance to read the whole discussion, will those DW fit my 5711 mkf v6 and my 5167a zf? Are there any known problems?

BIONONE

28/4/17
Great project! I just ordered a MKF and a ZF date wheel. I have not had the chance to read the whole discussion, will those DW fit my 5711 mkf v6 and my 5167a zf? Are there any known problems?

they will fit if your modder is abled to align them properly - there are much harder tasks - even though that doesn't mean it is simple hehe

EDIT: The tolerances on the MKF DWO are extremely tight - that means the installment and alignment of the DWO on the stock datewheel need to be done more carefully as even the slightest misalignment shows instantly in form of an off centered date logically.

Last edited:

guessit

Known Member
17/11/19
Thanks for your answer! So custom DW needs to be positioned ON existing DW or does it replace MK or ZF date wheel?

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
I've been waiting for a replacement MKF date wheel overlay (DWO) for nearly a month now. Spongebob sent me the wrong DWO the first time, as verified by pictures sent to him by my modder. So, be prepared to wait.

guessit

Known Member
17/11/19
I ordered two DWC, hoping shipment will be fast and correct (I payed 25$ for it)

sam_7

10/10/19
Does anybody know, if the pf or ppf dwo fits better to a gen dial ?

Gesendet von iPhone mit RWI

BIONONE

28/4/17
Does anybody know, if the pf or ppf dwo fits better to a gen dial ?

Gesendet von iPhone mit RWI

PF DWO for a gen dial is the way to go mate.

May i ask which gen dial you were abled to acquire? ;)

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
I got an email from Spongebob yesterday stating he received my replacement DWO from the factory. He'll test fit it today and update me. I also requested that he upgrade the shipping method and send it directly to my modder to make up for lost time. Hope everything works out well.

Update: Its been 5 days and Spongebob has not given me an update like he said he would. I know he's busy, particularly with his more lucrative business of plating Rolex bezels, but I think he should prioritize this since it was his mistake in sending me the wrong DWO. If there is problems with the DWO, he should let me know so I can make different plans. Keylog74, I know this is out of your hands, but could you ask Spongebob for a response. Thanks.

Last edited:

sam_7

10/10/19
Dude tell us all!!! I wanna know lol

Have an offer for a gen white dial and we talked about if its worse to buy a white gen dial, if ppf is very close or spend the money on other watches

have ordered a ppf dial + hands + ppf dwo & just waiting on my dial if it has any flaws

in this moment i have a pf base with pf dwo and want to change to ppf or maybe gen dial, so i asked which dw fits better to gen

Sent from the RWI App