• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Nautilus date wheel project

Keylog74

Put Some Respect On My Name
14/6/13
why all the negative comments?

Because that dial is full of flaws and you might think the color is great but that is also not.

However, i will confirm everything with Spongebob regarding this project. All i can tell you is that BIONONE worked the file twice, the factory printed it about 3 times and none of them worked. The Dw we all did is 1:1 with the only difference on the rotation of the numbers (this due to the difference of the date mechanism on 324sc & miyota)

The mk cant have a 1:1 font because of the dial difference. Would you be okay with a smaller font but that fits that windows? I, myself no.

Last edited:

Ultra929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/9/12
Because that dial is full of flaws and you might think the color is great but that is also not.

Your opinion means nothing to me. What I also find interesting is you told me how hard it is to re-lume a PF on this thread but in another thread your showing it off as a success. Dude, if you want to run a business selling datewheels or whatever try to be nice to your customers and realize anything is possible. Don’t be a negative quitter.

Keylog74

14/6/13
Dude, if you want to run a business selling datewheels or whatever try to be nice to your customers and realize anything is possible. Don’t be a negative quitter.

First of all, to make this clear to you once and for all. I don't make a cent on this DW i put my time and money on it. No one has ever sent me money or received a DW shipped from me. The relume was a success until PPF came out, if you can't tell that or cant see the result that's up to you. I think i have given my share to this sub forum and if you are going to call me a negative quitter because thinks don't work out the way you want them, i suggest you start do that yourself and help us other members for once.

Ultra929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/9/12
Thanks for making it clear “once and for all.” I guess your not a problem solver, but someone who places the blame on others and external events. Good luck with that.

Keylog74

14/6/13
Thanks for making it clear “once and for all.” I guess your not a problem solver, but someone who places the blame on others and external events. Good luck with that.

Funny because facts prove you wrong. But hey you’re In tittle of your own opinion, even though this doesn’t make it right or true. I wish a good surf on the forum and on your next project. Please do ping me when you solve something.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Ultra929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/9/12
Whos facts? Yours?

Solution is quite simple my friend. Reduce the font size to the proportion of the window, vs the size you're using on all the other DWOs use and nobody will know the difference. If it looks close enough in the window, ie thinner and larger than stock, it will be fine.

BIONONE

28/4/17
Whos facts? Yours?

Solution is quite simple my friend. Reduce the font size to the proportion of the window, vs the size you're using on all the other DWOs use and nobody will know the difference. If it looks close enough in the window, ie thinner and larger than stock, it will be fine.

Do you want the file to check it yourself and optimize this process?

Ultra929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/9/12
Do you want the file to check it yourself and optimize this process?

I’m a customer offering suggestions. That’s how the business customer realationahip works as far as I know. You solve a problem and I pay you for it.

You guys can quit, be right or difficult, or open your minds to suggestions and solutions to solve a problem. That’s up to you.

Since I cannot rely on businessmen that talk like this I no longer care. Best of luck and thanks for the work you’ve all put in.

BIONONE

28/4/17
I’m a customer offering suggestions. That’s how the business customer realationahip works as far as I know. You solve a problem and I pay you for it.

You guys can quit, be right or difficult, or open your minds to suggestions and solutions to solve a problem. That’s up to you.

Since I cannot rely on businessmen that talk like this I no longer care. Best of luck and thanks for the work you’ve all put in.

Your suggestions only show that you know nothing about the process in total - thus they are worthless. But thank you for nothing.

Its been a long time that i saw someone triggered like this by such a situation...

Ultra929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/9/12
Your suggestions only show that you know nothing about the process in total - thus they are worthless. But thank you for nothing.

Its been a long time that i saw someone triggered like this by such a situation...

Of course you don’t want any suggestions because you know more than everyone after jumping in on a thread that was between me and someone else. Now, you’re appalled at a disappointed customer that was promised a DWO 4 months ago in a PM and spent $1500 on a mod that is now a throwaway.

BIONONE

28/4/17
Of course you don’t want any suggestions because you know more than everyone after jumping in on a thread that was between me and someone else. Now, you’re appalled at a disappointed customer that was promised a DWO 4 months ago in a PM and spent $1500 on a mod that is now a throwaway.

Of course i know more than you because i made the DWO, smart ass.

Now better knock it off.

Ultra929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/9/12
Of course i know more than you because i made the DWO, smart ass.

Now better knock it off.

Theres a solution to every problem. I offered one and you insulted me. I realize at this point you hope to be dominant because you "know" everything, but theres someone who can help as I tried. Best of luck.

Keylog74

14/6/13
Theres a solution to every problem. I offered one and you insulted me. I realize at this point you hope to be dominant because you "know" everything, but theres someone who can help as I tried. Best of luck.

Good, why don’t you just be this problem solver, pioneer of this new technique and make dw yourself so we can all benefit as a community instead of crapping no sense?

You’re demands sound like we owe you something. We don’t! No one does specially to you.

Ultra929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/9/12
Good, why don’t you just be this problem solver, pioneer of this new technique and make dw yourself so we can all benefit as a community instead of crapping no sense?

You’re demands sound like we owe you something. We don’t! No one does specially to you.

Was offering suggestions, but you dont want them. You promised an MKF DWO on the first page of this thread, Im just asking you to uphold youre bargain. Both of you seem pissed at a potential customer! Im not sure what you do for a living or where you work, but Im sure you are polite to people that want to give you money for your goods and services.

If you want me to be the bad guy, thats cool. If you dont give a shit that I waited and spent money, thats cool too. You owe me nothing and I owe you nothing. Again, I have nothing else to say so you both can move on to someone else.

maison888

I'm Pretty Popular
7/8/14

However, i will confirm everything with Spongebob regarding this project. All i can tell you is that BIONONE worked the file twice, the factory printed it about 3 times and none of them worked. The Dw we all did is 1:1 with the only difference on the rotation of the numbers (this due to the difference of the date mechanism on 324sc & miyota)

The mk cant have a 1:1 font because of the dial difference. Would you be okay with a smaller font but that fits that windows? I, myself no.

Thanks for the update and thank you for all your effort/time and who ever else is involved in this project. I was one of the few waiting this project to be completed. I understand that there are a lot of flaws with the MK and most would probably question why anyone would continue pursuing this when PPF and PF seems to be a more accurate rep in almost every aspect. To be quite honest I still like the blue of the MK (and it's gen counter part...what ever model/production year that is).

My questions to you are, is it worth you time and effort to still continue with the "smaller font" to cover the date window on the MK? Or would you be able to produce a rough sample of what it would look like?

Last edited:

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
Why don't you guys calm down, especially you Ultra929 ...

I get that you may be pissed that Keylog74 said that the Mk dial was full of flaws, I personally don't agree with that ridiculously large statement, but I know why he's saying it, the focus here is the date wheel, any remarks regarding the colour of the dial is out of place, it's been long proven that the Mk dial has a perfect match in the gen world, it's just not the one everybody likes.

On the date wheel subject, the Mk dial is wrong, no doubt about it, no point in trying to disprove that, I fully agree with Keylog on that part.

Remember this has never been a promise, it was a project as the title still say it, they delivered their promise for multiple Patek rep so nobody can blame them on that.
Ultra929 if you invested so much money on the sole hope that they would manage to get the Mk DWO out, I'm sorry to say, but that was a hasty move.

It's their project, they are free to handle it the way they want, no matter the reason, even if all of a sudden, none of them liked the Mk version anymore, they would be free to drop it.

It's useless to go at each other throats for such a petty nitpicker detail like this DWO, this was a nice project for those that wanted to go to a useless step further but that's all.

This thread got some good work done, and some nice product and happy customers, let’s not tarnish it just because one bit didn't come to completion

Jack Hobbes

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/9/19
Ok y’all need to just take a breather. We are grown men and y’all are getting this pissed off by a simple piece of plastic. Even if you happened to spend 1500 on a watch(that is a fake) don’t get this upset. Now I do have a solution.
You can go to the nearest university or institution and rent a 3-d printer for relatively cheap. There are several templates online for datewheels. Maybe you can measure it out and print one for a fraction of the cost it would be to buy one. Hopefully this helps to calm people down.
Word of life advice:
Never rely on someone you met on the internet, especially don’t spend money on something someone promised you on the internet.
Hopefully we can all act like the men we are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
You can go to the nearest university or institution and rent a 3-d printer for relatively cheap. There are several templates online for datewheels. Maybe you can measure it out and print one for a fraction of the cost it would be to buy one.

Unfortunately, it's not that simple, DWO are made with a pad printing machine, and while the pad printer is relatively cheap to buy or even make, the plate required to do a correct printing needs precision etching, a thing way less common than you might think, hence why the effort from this team was interesting.

Not saying that this is impossible to do, but anyone that would attempt the same thing will run into the same issues they had to deal with