• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Nautilus date wheel project

Ultra929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/9/12
Anyone know where I can source a white dial? Not MKF of course. PF would work.

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Anyone know where I can source a white dial? Not MKF of course. PF would work.

I see that you've made other plans. Myself, I'm waiting for the definitive answer that the MKF DWO is cancelled even if the handwriting is on the wall. All the best.

Ultra929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/9/12
I see that you've made other plans. Myself, I'm waiting for the definitive answer that the MKF DWO is cancelled even if the handwriting is on the wall. All the best.

Thanks Gilrob, its been too long and Im sure these guys have better things to do. I now have a MKF with a PF dial and DWO, and a really nice gen spec PF with no DWO...

Im doing a 6265 buid or would just buy the gen white dial. But I think a white PF will work with a re-lume and proper marker placement. ;-)

Last edited:

Keylog74

Put Some Respect On My Name
14/6/13
But I think a white PF will work with a re-lume and proper marker placement. ;-)

Why would you use a Pf dial? I hardly doubt that someone can do proper lume on this dial, i tried and result was not the best.

Ultra929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/9/12
Why would you use a Pf dial? I hardly doubt that someone can do proper lume on this dial, i tried and result was not the best.

Several reasons: It is possible to re-lume just not easy. It would be easier to source a PF as most want a PPF and someone may have one lying around. I don’t have to buy a 3rd watch. With a re-lume and marker alignment it will look awesome on the wrist.

Keylog74

Put Some Respect On My Name
14/6/13
With a re-lume and marker alignment it will look awesome on the wrist.

I had it and had one of the best remulers in the gen world doing it, result was not even close to ppf. The black paint on the indexes is not great the date window is wrong.

Ultra929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/9/12
I had it and had one of the best remulers in the gen world doing it, result was not even close to ppf. The black paint on the indexes is not great the date window is wrong.

Ok then make the MKF DWO and I won’t need it. ;-)

Akra

11/1/17
Several reasons: It is possible to re-lume just not easy. It would be easier to source a PF as most want a PPF and someone may have one lying around. I don’t have to buy a 3rd watch. With a re-lume and marker alignment it will look awesome on the wrist.
You don't have to buy a third watch. PPF sells the parts seperately.

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
I contacted intime, puretime, trusty, toro, they were all able to source. My parts are on their way atm.

There must've been a change in PPF's policy regarding parts sales. Just recently, members were told by their TDs that they had to buy the whole watch just to get the PPF 5711 part(s) they needed for their hybrid build. How much for the PPF dial and hands if I may ask?

Akra

11/1/17
There must've been a change in PPF's policy regarding parts sales. Just recently, members were told by their TDs that they had to buy the whole watch just to get the PPF 5711 part(s) they needed for their hybrid build. How much for the PPF dial and hands if I may ask?
It depends on the dealer, but all of them around 100usd for a dial + hands.

Reactions: gilrob