• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Nautilus date wheel project

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
Guys there have been an update!

SOON we will see a MKF date wheel very soon. Im in the process of sourcing a MKF dial and DW than will have Spongebob work with the vendor for first samples.

If someone can help with the dial would be great as sourcing from TD might take a little while.

Well that's great news, but I just received a brand new PF! I must say PF has definitely improved their QC as the markers seem to be way better aligned now. This is an out of the box photo:
VuCzo6.md.jpg

This is a quick pic during the process. I followed the advice given by Heisenberg and just took off the front cover, the dial is stuck with double sided tape and held in place by two small pinions, so it's very simple to take it off if you are careful.
VuCyW0.md.jpg

Close one of the dial. These guys at PF did a great job indeed:
VuCIhF.md.jpg

Et voilà, job finished! EDITED: Date changes with no problem now. I guess it had to settle in (kind of?).

VuCCcr.md.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: vcappp and Keylog74

Keylog74

Put Some Respect On My Name
14/6/13
Well that's great news, but I just received a brand new PF! I must say PF has definitely improved their QC as the markers seem to be way better aligned now. This is an out of the box photo:

This is a quick pic during the process. I followed the advice given by Heisenberg and just took off the front cover, the dial is stuck with double sided tape and held in place by two small pinions, so it's very simple to take it off if you are careful.

Close one of the dial. These guys at PF did a great job indeed:

Et voilà, job finished! My only concern is that on a couple of dates the datewheel doesn't snap properly. I'm not sure how to explain it, it literally doesn't make that *click sound, might be that I moved the datewheel too much during the process? I'm hoping it will be ok after some time as the gears reseat, but I don't know. If it persists I'll send it to a watchsmith to take a look at it.

very nice! im wondering if there have been a dial color change on the PF what i see recently is diffrent to my eye...

Reactions: Hinclimincli

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
very nice! im wondering if there have been a dial color change on the PF what i see recently is diffrent to my eye...

Not sure, but this is the first PF I had, a year ago. The last two are supposed to be of a gen, for comparison sake.

I think the current one (the one I just got) has a bit more electric blue. But as usual it's a difficult comparison given that this dial has so many different hues depending on light. Bear in mind my old pics are taken in London and the current ones in Spain, so the light is completely different.

MasterWatch

Master of None
Patron
Certified
26/8/12
MasterWatch congrats!

do you have any info about the fitment method used? i though ZF has a date wheel not an overlay.

The DWO was installed on top of a doner Miyota Date Wheel and voila it worked.

The idea was to preserve the ZF Date Wheel if the DWO did not work.

But legend did mention that getting it aligned was a bit tricky but he got it done.

Any more details about the process. I am not exactly sure.

Reactions: vcappp

M_Hall

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/15
My Date Wheel arrived safe, fast shipping to UK.

Just need the watch to go with it now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Keylog74

jacquy

26/9/18
Guys there have been an update!

SOON we will see a MKF date wheel very soon. Im in the process of sourcing a MKF dial and DW than will have Spongebob work with the vendor for first samples.

If someone can help with the dial would be great as sourcing from TD might take a little while.

I am also interested for MKF 5711 DW.

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
I would think that MKF would be willing to donate a dial or two, if they knew that it is intended for a DWO development. They would surely benefit with an increase in sales. Just a thought.