• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Nautilus date wheel project

intomusik

Looking Around
25/12/18
Hi! I'm glad when I found this post! thx :)
I have a question.

Does this DWO fit on ZF aquanaut?
ZF aquanaut has miyota movement as I know, then I guess this DWO also fits on ZF aquanaut. I want to hear your opinion! :)

nipe

PINK PONY RIDER
9/4/16
EU
Hi! I'm glad when I found this post! thx :)
I have a question.

Does this DWO fit on ZF aquanaut?
ZF aquanaut has miyota movement as I know, then I guess this DWO also fits on ZF aquanaut. I want to hear your opinion! :)

No.

Branis

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
28/5/17
I know this is a thread about DWO and I am just about to order PF Nautilus and KMF Aquanaut due to this great project. My only concerns are towards the rotor noise of the miyota. I have the JF 15400 and it's perfectly quiet. I have the BP Overseas and it got only better after a complete revision from a watchsmith who recommended to take out the deco plate because this is what makes it still noisy. So I believe it's not only the oil, it's the construction of the mvmt, too. Don't get me wrong, my reps with asian 2824 (JF ROO Diver, ZF Fifty Fathoms, Nautilus V4) have a rotor noise, too. But the rotor is not helicopter-spinning like in the BP Overseas (funny enough it is NOT spinning that much in the 15400). However are you guys who oiled or revised the PF or KMF fine with the rotor sound? Is it acceptable? does it damage the overall quality feel? Thanks a lot upfront for your opinons. and merry christmas, B.

Keylog74

Put Some Respect On My Name
14/6/13
Don't get me wrong, my reps with asian 2824 (JF ROO Diver, ZF Fifty Fathoms, Nautilus V4) have a rotor noise, too. But the rotor is not helicopter-spinnin, B.

Is your nautilus v4 bp or MKF?

Branis

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
28/5/17
It’s MKF V4 with Asian 2824. why you’re asking?

Branis

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
28/5/17
Are you fine with your PF rotor sound? Did you oil it?

Keylog74

14/6/13
It’s MKF V4 with Asian 2824. why you’re asking?

MKF had miyota on the v4 as fas as i know. my rotor is super silent, Spongebob modded it for me. care to send me some pic of you dial V4 and movement back

Branis

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
28/5/17
Thank you mate. I will send you PM with pics. But for this thread I am glad to read that the miyota in the PF can be modded to super silent. My watchsmith is doing gens and no modder. I may ask Spongebob once my watches arrive and oiling didn't do the job. Have a very good one. B.

Tobel

6/7/17
Hi guys, do we have a rough ETA for the JJF DW? I have received my PF and ordered the JJF dial and hands, so that would be the last missing piece :) Thanks again for putting these datewheels together!!!

Direnfan

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/8/18
Sigapore
9a3a96629d3b26518bfd1ffbf86f2871.jpg

Hi Keylog, what is maker name of this watch? Cannon pinion is wonderful

BlackJaguar

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/18
Just went through the entire thread. A few points:

1) Thank you for the entire team for creating this DWO. It’s an absolute beauty and leaves me thankful that people would spend their time and funds to put such a great project together.

2) I received my DWO a few days ago!!

3) I also received my PF 5711 and will be dropping the watch and DWO off to my Watchsmith for appropriate modding. I’ll post photos once complete.

4) I own both the MKv5 and PF 5711 and can confirm that the PF bracelet wraps to the wrist much better. The MKv5 definitely improved the bracelet, but it still has a slight bend that doesn’t hug your wrist as good as the PF.

That said, of the two bracelets, the MKv5 bracelet just feels so much better on the wrist and the quality of the bracelet seems better. The PF pulls hairs and the quality doesn’t seem as great (althhough, like I mentioned, the PF bracelet wraps better) I’m going to have my Watchsmith put the PF bracelet in an oil
bath and see if he can smooth the interior portion of the bracelet.

I’ll report back with thoughts.

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
Just went through the entire thread. A few points:

1) Thank you for the entire team for creating this DWO. It’s an absolute beauty and leaves me thankful that people would spend their time and funds to put such a great project together.

2) I received my DWO a few days ago!!

3) I also received my PF 5711 and will be dropping the watch and DWO off to my Watchsmith for appropriate modding. I’ll post photos once complete.

4) I own both the MKv5 and PF 5711 and can confirm that the PF bracelet wraps to the wrist much better. The MKv5 definitely improved the bracelet, but it still has a slight bend that doesn’t hug your wrist as good as the PF.

That said, of the two bracelets, the MKv5 bracelet just feels so much better on the wrist and the quality of the bracelet seems better. The PF pulls hairs and the quality doesn’t seem as great (althhough, like I mentioned, the PF bracelet wraps better) I’m going to have my Watchsmith put the PF bracelet in an oil
bath and see if he can smooth the interior portion of the bracelet.

I’ll report back with thoughts.

Thank you for the detailed post, can’t wait to see the results. Are you going to put the DWO in the MKv5? At least try it? I think the whole thread would be very interested