• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Nautilus date wheel project

Godfathar

I'm Pretty Popular
17/5/15
Europe
you have to define what "fit" means for you... if you have a JJF dial its better to wait for a DWO made for that specific dial. I will repeat again, if you now oder a dw from here this will fit without any mod :

BP Aquanaut

BP Nautilus

PF Nautilus

KMF Aquanaut.

I think what he means is to use the PF rep with movement that came with the PF and swap only the dial of the PF with the dial of the JJF. not use a JJF rep and dial with the DWO we are ordering. I am sure the new coming project of making a DWO to fit the JJF rep in general. but I think he means to decentralize the JJF dial to fit the DWO for PF reps.

Reactions: vcappp

Keylog74

Put Some Respect On My Name
14/6/13
I think what he means is to use the PF rep with movement that came with the PF and swap only the dial of the PF with the dial of the JJF. not use a JJF rep and dial with the DWO we are ordering. I am sure the new coming project of making a DWO to fit the JJF rep in general. but I think he means to decentralize the JJF dial to fit the DWO for PF reps.

The JJF Dial fits into a PF case/movement. The Nautilus Dial is attached to the case not on the movement. The issue is that PF&JJF have a different Pinion-date windows distance, this mean that PF overlay and JJF overlay have different diameters. The movements on both watches is the same, one factory have engraved the movement jjf has added deco plates on top.

Hasselbaink

DR. H4RDC@R3 T3RR@R
Supporter
Certified
29/9/10
Archiregnum Hungaricum
Equipped ;)
Stunning :)
de2ffce2d13051dfc70201bcc0d1ff00.jpg
64a188c9b3edf1e38898bafc626a3ff4.jpg
ae5be01374f4f4bb5b3ec87b9e0c0e9c.jpg
402dfa884d4bdb1de701f05507e9505b.jpg
e6e90e71341544fe2e1bbe581b482834.jpg

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S9+ using Tapatalk

d3xophen

Renowned Member
15/9/18
Equipped ;)
Stunning :)
ae5be01374f4f4bb5b3ec87b9e0c0e9c.jpg

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S9+ using Tapatalk

Did you do by yourself?
I've heard that reinstall sec,hr,min hands need special machine to press down. If not, hands will get scratch is that true?

Hasselbaink

DR. H4RDC@R3 T3RR@R
Supporter
Certified
29/9/10
Archiregnum Hungaricum
Great post! How are you liking it?

Its a great upgrade well worth the money.
Recommended.
PF version in my opinion is the best choice, great build, had the chance to compare it with a gen here in Budapest (not allowed to take pics..), couldnt spot any diff in feeling comfort, weight.
One thing is sure IMHO the gen is not worth at all the price of 50k, I'd pay for it a max of 3-4kEUR, :D
Based on all these such a choice and price would definitely completely replace the wish of a gen. I'm satisfied.

Reactions: vcappp and gabro

Hasselbaink

DR. H4RDC@R3 T3RR@R
Supporter
Certified
29/9/10
Archiregnum Hungaricum
Did you do by yourself?
I've heard that reinstall sec,hr,min hands need special machine to press down. If not, hands will get scratch is that true?

Nope, was my watch smith, and yes, he needed to use a coupl eof special tools to remove the hands, and the dial, as well as to replace the DW. I wouldnt try by myself, better go to an experienced ws, who has the patience to put everything together as well as fixing the DW on the right place all the numbers to be seen and not leaving any gap ;)
good luck!

Reactions: vcappp and d3xophen

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
Took some more pics. The 28 seems off, there are a couple dates that are bold as well. My 6 has some printing issues. But it's clear when comparing to the V6F Nautilus and the ZF Aquanaut, that having a large date window and date font to match makes a more commanding presence of the date window as a whole. PF also has issues with how deep the date sits.

g2cq8.jpg

g2vAh.jpg

g2Kqp.jpg

gxAAQ.jpg

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
Took some more pics. The 28 seems off, there are a couple dates that are bold as well. My 6 has some printing issues. But it's clear when comparing to the V6F Nautilus and the ZF Aquanaut, that having a large date window and date font to match makes a more commanding presence of the date window as a whole. PF also has issues with how deep the date sits.

g2cq8.jpg

g2vAh.jpg

jeez what’s the stunner on the left ??? A goddess amongst mortals