• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Nautilus date wheel project

Scottymagic

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/3/18
Yes, I was refunded, but not happy.

Never forget :(

8Bes2.jpg

The ones on the aquanaut dial at 10 & 11 look horrific! What was going on there - a gen blue dial would be a dream! Can understand why you were gutted. Curious to see how much/where Diranfan got his white from.

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
I think with the JJF dial being as good as it is and if we can get the date wheel perfect like the PF then you'll struggle to tell them a part without having parted with $3500 for the privilege.

File is the same like the PF so font is also decent - just some adjustments regarding the alignment. Hopefully it will turn out satisfying just like the PF run did.

Didn't Keylog posted a picture of his PF with the white JJF dial and JJF DWO? Or am i one of a few that got this nice insight? ;)

Reactions: Scottymagic

Scottymagic

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/3/18
File is the same like the PF so font is also decent - just some adjustments regarding the alignment. Hopefully it will turn out satisfying just like the PF run did.

Didn't Keylog posted a picture of his PF with the white JJF dial and JJF DWO? Or am i one of a few that got this nice insight? ;)

Keylog sent me it over Whatsapp - looked fantastic just misaligned but I think that was PF overlay, think I better hit him up and ask him for a sneak peak of the JJF overlay!

My watch with JJF dial and PF case is waiting with Spongebob for the date wheel - Blue is on it's way back with my KMF aquanaut. Just need the white to complete the family......

BIONONE

28/4/17
Keylog sent me it over Whatsapp - looked fantastic just misaligned but I think that was PF overlay, think I better hit him up and ask him for a sneak peak of the JJF overlay!

My watch with JJF dial and PF case is waiting with Spongebob for the date wheel - Blue is on it's way back with my KMF aquanaut. Just need the white to complete the family......

sounds gorgeous!

I will follow your progress.

Reactions: Scottymagic

Keylog74

14/6/13
sounds gorgeous!

I will follow your progress.

Last update on the jJjF overlay was: new supplier will be used and this time file sent was with no corrected thickness but gen speck like you sent it to me. Probably first sample will be in next week!

Reactions: SuperLory

d3xophen

Renowned Member
15/9/18
8gspD.md.jpg

I cannot return to a previous version after mount it!!
Thanks Keylog74!!!

- PF with GEN dial
- Re-painted hands
- Machining thickness
- Re-polished case
- This project DW!!
- Other.
Absolute beauty.
How's the thinness after you machining thickness?
And who's the modder?
Thanks.

Tobel

6/7/17
Last update on the jJjF overlay was: new supplier will be used and this time file sent was with no corrected thickness but gen speck like you sent it to me. Probably first sample will be in next week!

Oh I thought that the PF overlay was working for JJF? I have ordered a jjf white dial to put in my PF, and already received my PF overlay. Should have done more reading :/ So are you guys planning to release a JJF compatible in the weeks to come? Thanks again for your amazing work!

BIONONE

28/4/17
Oh I thought that the PF overlay was working for JJF? I have ordered a jjf white dial to put in my PF, and already received my PF overlay. Should have done more reading :/ So are you guys planning to release a JJF compatible in the weeks to come? Thanks again for your amazing work!

it would fit on the JJF dial but wouldn't be perfectly centered - so you would have to uncenter the dial (which is of course possible to a certain degree) but i would not recommend that...

That said - i made a JJF DWO file a bit time ago and Keylog plans to introduce it to the market also if i understood it correctly from his previous post. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: vcappp

Tobel

6/7/17
Thanks BIONONE , then I guess I'm going to wait just a little longer to get the perfect nautilus ;)

BIONONE

28/4/17
If you put the overlay on a jjf dial you have to decenter the dial. Result will be like this:

a818be1f942e7e7e3919346b28a67f9a.jpg

While you have to keep in mind that the DWO on this picture is one of the first prototype batches and didn't have the right thickness (which is corrected on the current produced batch) :)

Reactions: vcappp

Tobel

6/7/17
If you put the overlay on a jjf dial you have to decenter the dial. Result will be like this:

Thanks mate, it's not that visible indeed. Are you planning to release a JJF overlay like you did with the PF? If so I may as well wait a bit more and do it right :)

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
there is someone producing a MKF DWO - also a particular thread to this project - if it wasn't just hot air he should have gotten his prototypes two weeks ago.

EDIT: found it - https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/patek-philippe/7223556-mkf-date-wheel-project/page3

since then he didn't update his thread.

Yeah, I know he has started it, but due to lack of updates I am wondering if you guys could edit the existing raster file and it would be quicker. I can provide an MKF Nautilus if needed. The dial seems so much better to my eyes.

Keylog74

14/6/13
So the DWO will fit a JJF dial in a PF Nautilus if the modder decenter the dial ?

you have to define what "fit" means for you... if you have a JJF dial its better to wait for a DWO made for that specific dial. I will repeat again, if you now oder a dw from here this will fit without any mod :

BP Aquanaut

BP Nautilus

PF Nautilus

KMF Aquanaut.

Reactions: Nivka and vcappp