• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Nautilus date wheel project

slashFAslash

21/7/18
Ordered two of these, looking forward to getting my first PP rep(s) and getting the mod done with one of these datewheels.

osiris101

12/5/18
Anybody know any of our resident watch modders who will do this mod based in EU?

nest1

Known Member
2/9/18

I cannot return to a previous version after mount it!!
Thanks Keylog74!!!

- PF with GEN dial
- Re-painted hands
- Machining thickness
- Re-polished case
​​​​​​​- This project DW!!
- Other.

Wow bro this is awesome! Hit me up in the future if you want to sell :))

Reactions: Direnfan

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
yodog finished installing the DWO on the KMF Aquanaut and the PF Nautilus. Big shoutout to Keylog74 and everyone else involved. This has been a dream come true - a 40mm navy Aquanaut with perfect DATE FONT. Once I get them in-hand, I'll compare them to the ZF Aquanaut date font. A great time to be into reps for Patek fans!!!

8OC9G.jpg

8OI3y.jpg

Here's the PF Aquanaut prior to the DWO installation:

lHInL.jpg

Reactions: vcappp and Keylog74

theREALgoat

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
14/8/14
Thanks Keylog74!!!

- PF with GEN dial
- Re-painted hands
- Machining thickness
- Re-polished case
- This project DW!!
- Other.

We need more wristshots...pronto.

Reactions: BlackJaguar

Godfathar

I'm Pretty Popular
17/5/15
Europe
20181210_120801.jpg

Welcome welcome.. the hard part if over (waiting for this project) , now the easy part, ordering 2 new PFs, one steel and one RG. did I hear that if I swap the dial on the RG with JJF dial, this date wheel won't fit? I need to know so I do not order the JJF dial if it won't work with the DW.

Scottymagic

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/3/18
20181210_120801.jpg

Welcome welcome.. the hard part if over (waiting for this project) , now the easy part, ordering 2 new PFs, one steel and one RG. did I hear that if I swap the dial on the RG with JJF dial, this date wheel won't fit? I need to know so I do not order the JJF dial if it won't work with the DW.

It won't fit mate - however a JJF date wheel is in production so go ahead but just have to wait longer for the date wheel.

Scottymagic

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/3/18

Thanks Keylog74!!!

- PF with GEN dial
- Re-painted hands
- Machining thickness
- Re-polished case
- This project DW!!
- Other.

How much you pay for the dial?

BIONONE

28/4/17
It won't fit mate - however a JJF date wheel is in production so go ahead but just have to wait longer for the date wheel.

i second that - JJF file was already made and provided.

JJF dials as spare parts would be a nice uncomplicated solution but i have the feeling we have to order the watches then dissect to wrap our hands around the white JJF dials...

I don't want to spend 3.500€ for a gen white dial (according to overpriced Chrono24 hehe)

theREALgoat

Patron
Certified
14/8/14
i second that - JJF file was already made and provided.

JJF dials as spare parts would be a nice uncomplicated solution but i have the feeling we have to order the watches then dissect to wrap our hands around the white JJF dials...

I don't want to spend 3.500€ for a gen white dial (according to overpriced Chrono24 hehe)

They were going for less than half of that, maybe around $1500 earlier this year. I saw a few pop up, but never thought it was worth the money. I paid JordanBelfort17 $1600 for a gen blue dial a few years back but he sold it to someone else after I sent the payment. That's how it goes sometimes.

BIONONE

28/4/17
They were going for less than half of that, maybe around $1500 earlier this year. I saw a few pop up, but never thought it was worth the money. I paid JordanBelfort17 $1600 for a gen blue dial a few years back but he sold it to someone else after I sent the payment. That's how it goes sometimes.

imagine what will happen if a rep movement appears that can take a gen AP Chrono Dial ;)

wishes and dreams aside - prices in spare parts seem to be a better investment than some other ordinary strategies nowadays hehe

Scottymagic

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/3/18

Hope you got the money back mate - that aside, I think with the JJF dial being as good as it is and if we can get the date wheel perfect like the PF then you'll struggle to tell them a part without having parted with $3500 for the privilege.

Reactions: theREALgoat

theREALgoat

Patron
Certified
14/8/14
Hope you got the money back mate - that aside, I think with the JJF dial being as good as it is and if we can get the date wheel perfect like the PF then you'll struggle to tell them a part without having parted with $3500 for the privilege.

Yes, I was refunded, but not happy.

Never forget :(

8Bes2.jpg

Reactions: Tobel