• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Nautilus date wheel project

Keylog74

Put Some Respect On My Name
14/6/13
Are you able to post a good high-res pic of the entire wheel?

This?

5711_1A_010_6.jpg

BIONONE

28/4/17
Had a look into the digital file today and must admit - i worked on the numbers with the gen specs - that means in the digital file everything is in the same thickness or boldness like on the gen date wheel

for comparison:

Dont know what happens during the printing process.

Please give me more input so i can work on the file again.

Reactions: ScuderiaPT

Fat Dave

1/6/13
Australia

Sorry, I wasn't very clear - I meant is there a high-res photo of the new prototype so that we could compare it to this.

Had a look into the digital file today and must admit - i worked on the numbers with the gen specs - that means in the digital file everything is in the same thickness or boldness like on the gen date wheel

for comparison:

Dont know what happens during the printing process.

Please give me more input so i can work on the file again.

See, that looks very spot-on, so perhaps there's something within the process which narrows the font. hmmm....

krkqm2008

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
29/4/18
Dallas Texas
Can’t wait, I’m holding off buying a pf patek 5711,
as I have mentioned in previous posts on this page, I am in for 1 piece for sure 100%

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Sorry, I wasn't very clear - I meant is there a high-res photo of the new prototype so that we could compare it to this.

See, that looks very spot-on, so perhaps there's something within the process which narrows the font. hmmm....

This is baffling, I hope the problem is solved soon.

BIONONE

28/4/17
This is baffling, I hope the problem is solved soon.

by making the digital print thicker doesn't identify the problem in the end... so we need to examine the pad printing process in detail from the etched plate to the final tampon-print... a bit hard when the distance between us involved ones is still there hehe

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
by making the digital print thicker doesn't identify the problem in the end... so we need to examine the pad printing process in detail from the etched plate to the final tampon-print... a bit hard when the distance between us involved ones is still there hehe

Perhaps your presence there is needed, is your passport up to date?:)

Godfathar

I'm Pretty Popular
17/5/15
Europe
I can't wait for the end product, as everyone said, the DW we have on the last run is the best there is when compared to the rep DWs. however, it is great that people are contributing to make things even better and closer to gen specs. keep it up everyone. this is what such community is for.

kindest regards,

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
There has been a few Patek Philippe models, Nautilus and Aquanaut, that have been introduced lately and more to come. All new models will require a new date wheel or DWO, how will this affect date wheel project?

Keylog74

14/6/13
how will this affect date wheel project?

Well this is still to early to say. PF and BP (aquanaut) have more or less the same dimensions so the dw will fit this two. Now the PF date windows is close to gen, if the other makers tried to make their date windows close to gen the dw should fit. This is just pure speculation because without having the watch or someone do real measurements nothing can be defined.

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
Just as an FYI I asked my TD to look into if I could get a ZF DW. It might fit the others and is worth the extra $50 or whatever they would charge just to appease my curiosity. I'm going to ask my watchsmith to install it into the KMF version

Reactions: AgentPena