• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Nautilus date wheel project

Bling

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
13/3/18
Btw, could the font overlap with the date cut, as I'd imagine the rep date font is smaller than gen spec?

Yeow

Looking Around
MULTI ACCOUNT
17/7/18
I am totally interested even am a newbie.. Just join today.. Hello to all the PP MASTER here

Reactions: reppin

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
Btw, could the font overlap with the date cut, as I'd imagine the rep date font is smaller than gen spec?

everything is aligned in order to match the rep DW cut out.

I had to refine the complete DW as the turning direction is different to the gen 324 SC. So knowing that i had to "clone" the gen font and fit it right into the rep DW cut out with the right distances to the edges.

maybe i misunderstood your question.

Reactions: mech500

Bling

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
13/3/18

I had to refine the complete DW as the turning direction is different to the gen 324 SC. So knowing that i had to "clone" the gen font and fit it right into the rep DW cut out with the right distances to the edges.

Sounds good, my only concern was that the rep's date wheel font is smaller than gen spec, therefore rep dials would maybe overlap over your date wheels font around the top and bottom of the date window.

Thanks for clarifying and I can't wait to see the final product!

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16

Appreciate the update. I have two questions!

1. I know things are still in the prototype phase, but let's say this iteration was just right. How long would it take to get out to the members?
2. Do you know if your supplier/you will be able to meet the demand? There's a CRAZY amount of interest in this. This will definitely be in the hundreds is my guess if you get it right. Nearly all Miyota movement reps would be candidates I would think even if it's only being designed to fit the PF Nautilus DW.

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Appreciate the update. I have two questions!

1. I know things are still in the prototype phase, but let's say this iteration was just right. How long would it take to get out to the members?
2. Do you know if your supplier/you will be able to meet the demand? There's a CRAZY amount of interest in this. This will definitely be in the hundreds is my guess if you get it right. Nearly all Miyota movement reps would be candidates I would think even if it's only being designed to fit the PF Nautilus DW.

1- it’ll be ready when it’s ready.
2- this is just a pre run. As always, a high percentage of people who were all about this now, will jump off and end up not buying one in the end. Always been like that and always will.

Reactions: brane

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
1- it’ll be ready when it’s ready.
2- this is just a pre run. As always, a high percentage of people who were all about this now, will jump off and end up not buying one in the end. Always been like that and always will.

Much appreciated. When it comes time to pay, not nearly as many people line up I bet.

Keylog74

14/6/13
First run will be into the 200-300 DW's as a pre agreement with the supplier. having someone do this just "for you" is no easy task and they demand minimum order. As QueTip said many say yes, than they just go missing :D

Reactions: mech500

rcom440

10/11/12
USA
Yup, they say say yes then when they hear that MKF is releasing Nautilus they change their mind.
the thing with developing this kind of stuff is we don’t know what’s behind the corner.

im curious about MKF date wheel for their new Nautilus.

Reactions: gilrob

Scottymagic

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/3/18
where are you now with your nautilus white dial projet?

Blue and white currently with Natas78 . Blue is getting a BP DW fitted and the white is getting the BP v1 markers put in it's PF case. Should have the finished articles within a few weeks.

Reactions: Nivka

krkqm2008

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
29/4/18
Dallas Texas
Pencil me in for 1 as well
the only thing holding me back from buying 5711 PF is the date wheel
so I’m buying a DW for sure , heck even before I buy the watch :)

skyw

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/7/17
EU
Definitely 1 for me! Good luck with the project!