• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Nautilus date wheel project

Keylog74

Put Some Respect On My Name
14/6/13
Some of you might know, im a hard core Patek fan!

I bought the PF nautilus when was first lunched, with all its faults the overall case quality convinced me....

Anyway what's this thread about?

CORRECT DATE WHEEL FOR THE NAUTILUS & AQUANAUT !!!

PF, BP, MKF all use the same miyota so the DW would be the same for all of them... if you are interested in such thing please let me know, i will take note of you all and see from there how this project will develop.

This is now complete : www.datewheel.info

Compatibility of this DW so far is:

PF Nautilus
BP Nautilus
KMF Aquanaut
BP Aquanaut.
JJF Nautilus (order the specific one from menu)

Last edited:
Reactions: JERhoudin

MasterWatch

Master of None
Patron
Certified
26/8/12
That's one thing that puts me off from Nautilus and Aquanauts. I would be in for a couple.

Reactions: cap923

androme

Tímêlëšš
Supporter
Certified
21/8/17
Brexit
Definitely in. Just don't understand why the other factories aside from BP can't get this right :-/

If this kicks off will definitely get my Naut ordered!

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Definitely in. Just don't understand why the other factories aside from BP can't get this right :-/

If this kicks off will definitely get my Naut ordered!

BP never got it right. Only factory that did get it right was v6f on the sw200/2824 clone.

w0rn

Supporter
19/7/15
Keylog74 This sounds like an great project, hope that this goes well.
Some info on the way that might help, when I did my Nautilus build a year ago or so, based on a v6f/SW200 watch and put an 2892 eta inside I did try out a few different dial for it and in the end I used the mkf v.4 blue dial for it, I noticed that one problem with the different makers was that the datewheel window was of different size and also placed different so that might be one problem that will accour to get one datewheel overlay to fit different watches from the makers even though they are using the same movement.
It's not a huge difference but it's there and if you want it so near perfect as possible you have to factor that in and might be an good info to know.
And I agree that the v6f/sw200 watch is the only one that has been close to the gen regarding both the datewheel font and datewheel window size and placement.
The compairing that I did with the mkf dial that I used and v6f/sw200 clearly showed that it had an larger datewheel window and placed more towards the center of the dial, it's again, not by much but enough to make it look bad.

Here is an example with the v6f/sw200 datewheel mounted on the eta2892 movement and the mkf v.4 dial, you can clearly see what I mean.
5gOr52i.jpg

Last edited:

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
I’m in man. What order of magnitude budget is required to get a few prototypes designed, printed and then fitted to a watch for review?

Reactions: ODINDMT

tosoboso

I'm Pretty Popular
5/2/15
I’m in for this as well. I’ve been thinking about doint it locally but never got the time to invest :( So I’m very very interested.

Keylog74

14/6/13
Keylog74 This sounds like an great project, hope that this goes well.
Some info on the way that might help, when I did my Nautilus build a year ago or so, based on a v6f/SW200 watch and put an 2892 eta inside I did try out a few different dial for it and in the end I used the mkf v.4 blue dial for it, I noticed that one problem with the different makers was that the datewheel window was of different size and also placed different so that might be one problem that will accour to get one datewheel overlay to fit different watches from the makers even though they are using the same movement.
It's not a huge difference but it's there and if you want it so near perfect as possible you have to factor that in and might be an good info to know.
And I agree that the v6f/sw200 watch is the only one that has been close to the gen regarding both the datewheel font and datewheel window size and placement.
The compairing that I did with the mkf dial that I used and v6f/sw200 clearly showed that it had an larger datewheel window and placed more towards the center of the dial, it's again, not by much but enough to make it look bad.

Here is an example with the v6f/sw200 datewheel mounted on the eta2892 movement and the mkf v.4 dial, you can clearly see what I mean.
5gOr52i.jpg

Thank you for the picture. The idea is to develop the DW based on the PF this because it is the close to gen nautilus. I will speak with Steve (spongebob is taking over the project) and see if we can come up with a prototype.

Keylog74

14/6/13
Can someone here do a CAD file of the DW for the font?

Warden

Looking Around
8/11/17
I'd be interested as well, although my PF dial has other problems lol

Reactions: Vittedo