• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Nautilus date wheel project

ODINDMT

29/8/15
As for now i am not informed that a DW for the 3KF is planned. We talked about possibilities but until now nothing more specific.
Thank you for bringing me up to speed. I don't even think a gen DW would work on the 3k

Last edited:

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
Thank you for bringing me up to speed. I don't even think a gen DW would work on the 3k

a gen DW works on a 3KF clone movement but the 3KF dial doesn't match the measurements of the gen DW. So to say you would need a gen dial or would have to live with a slight misalignment with a PPF Dial (but still a better fit than the 3KF dial + Gen DW).

Reactions: pompompurin

ODINDMT

29/8/15
a gen DW works on a 3KF clone movement but the 3KF dial doesn't match the measurements of the gen DW. So to say you would need a gen dial or would have to live with a slight misalignment with a PPF Dial (but still a better fit than the 3KF dial + Gen DW).
Correct. I've read about the misalignment of the the gen in the 3k dw window. The PPF (ootb) is left leaning too.
When the DW project launched last year, I picked up a few and it fit perfectly on my PF 5167. But now searching for a 5711r on leather and the 3k looks delicious sans the DW.
Hoping the mad scientists (heard spongebob was on it) would make a breakthrough.

YouShallPass

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
8/6/20
What a shame, would love the Datewheel on the 3KF , would make it truly one of the best all-rep Aquanauts / Nautilus out there!

Hom

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/4/20
Are date wheel orders being shipped at the moment? I ordered a PF one 2.5 weeks ago and haven't heard anything since regarding dispatch.

ODINDMT

29/8/15
I have a PF DW to spare if someone needs. Sadly no DW works with the 3k 5711

Swiss_goupil

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
Except for a gen one. There is one in m2m and that could be a project for someone with equipment to replicate and sell to all 3K owners

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ODINDMT

29/8/15
Except for a gen one. There is one in m2m and that could be a project for someone with equipment to replicate and sell to all 3K owners

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I spoke with the member you're talking about. They have it on a 5167. BUT I read here that the gen DW works well with a gen dial. On a 3k dial it would still be left leaning (worse than the PF)

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
All the date wheel overlays (DWO) are custom made for the specific dial it was intended for. IMO it is too soon to develop a DWO for the 3KF models until a greater demand is met. In the meantime lets just hope that 3KF improves it's existing DWOs along with properly engraving their clone 324 SC movement.

Last edited:

Hom

30/4/20
It took about a month to receive my date wheel.

Ok, thanks for confirming. I don't mind waiting (there's certainly a lot of it to be done in this hobby ????), it sounds like things are probably moving behind the scenes if others are receiving them in recent weeks or months. Thanks again.

Hom

30/4/20
I ordered a PF date wheel on the 24th July. No sign of it 6 weeks later.

Is there someone on this forum that can say whether or not orders are being shipped at the moment?

Squalll

Looking Around
23/9/19
I also order PF datewheel on 14 July. Get a notification number that my order is #848.
But then no news again.