• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Nautilus date wheel project

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Nice.

What units are those measurements in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
And now i'm totally confused
Keylog74 can you please confirm what exactly was measured?

The DW windows or the diameters of the Overlays?

Because the DW is small yes, but i think it is not that small. Centimeters regarding the diameters of the Overlays would make more sense, but i could be totally wrong again

Whats needed if that are only the diameters is the correct width and height of the DW cut out and the position as i have already marked in the picture i sent you.

please enlighten the things a bit :D

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
And now i'm totally confused
Keylog74 can you please confirm what exactly was measured?

The DW windows or the diameters of the Overlays?

Because the DW is small yes, but i think it is not that small. Centimeters regarding the diameters of the Overlays would make more sense, but i could be totally wrong again

Whats needed if that are only the diameters is the correct width and height of the DW cut out and the position as i have already marked in the picture i sent you.

please enlighten the things a bit :D

Date wheel windows are as fallowing (maybe someone with a gen dial can give me the gen measurements)

BP aquanatut : 2.6*2.3

PF Nautilus 2.7*2.2

BIONONE

28/4/17
Date wheel windows are as fallowing (maybe someone with a gen dial can give me the gen measurements)

BP aquanatut : 2.6*2.3

PF Nautilus 2.7*2.2

but you wrote centimeters and the DW windows are obviously not 2.6cm x 2.3cm

QueTip

Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
but you wrote centimeters and the DW windows are obviously not 2.6cm x 2.3cm

Yup but not Millimeters either. I was actually just trolling playing along with the game of just naming measure units lol.

Reactions: cookie3

QueTip

Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
:hehehe: excusez moi

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Haha. This reminds me of when I got sacked from a project in the Middle East.

I was working for a thick Arab client organisation who knew nothing about numbers let alone units of measurement. The bridge design contractor was a Dutch company that worked in mm. the main construction contractor was an American company that only understood imperial (inches).

I was suppose to be coordinating shit but I did fuck all. In the end there was a fuck up and we ended up with something like x3 times more steel and concrete than required. Lol.

If I’m involved this DW is gonna be the size of a house with a DW window the size of a penny. Lol

BIONONE

28/4/17
Haha. This reminds me of when I got sacked from a project in the Middle East.

I was working for a thick Arab client organisation who knew nothing about numbers let alone units of measurement. The bridge design contractor was a Dutch company that worked in mm. the main construction contractor was an American company that only understood imperial (inches).

I was suppose to be coordinating shit but I did fuck all. In the end there was a fuck up and we ended up with something like x3 times more steel and concrete than required. Lol.

If I’m involved this DW is gonna be the size of a house with a DW window the size of a penny. Lol

Haha! I feel you.

for a second i was like "he clearly meant millimeters"

then Quetip showed up and i was like "he knows what he is talking about" haha

but as i did not start to work on the refined DW yet everything is fine i guess.

Maybe we were nearly about to design an Aquanaut that was chunky and "44mm plus" like everything else in the modern watch world haha

Reactions: mech500

brane

not pronounced like brain
Supporter
Certified
17/8/15
Ok thanks hope to get that to you soon, I’ve been dying to know if it lines up as well. We’ll figure it out together

Keylog74

14/6/13
Just to claryfy everyone. I have asked for the Date window dimensions on the dial and i was given that in millimeters.

I can double check with Steve but looks to be that.

Topcatz

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/12/17
Canada
Anyone know where I can send my PF for the 2XAR?

Thank you.

QueTip

Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14

Keylog74

14/6/13
Hey everyone! this is just a quick update.

All credits and gratitude goes to BIONONE who has provided the vector file and worked on the font in no time. He also was so kind and sent me a pic to update the thread :)

Next week Spongebob with start printing on date disk to get the correct 3d print the font will need and hopefully soon on the nautilus date disk :)

hmLYmBa.png

Jv3P9kw.png