• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Nautilus date wheel project

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
Spongebob is taking on the project :D both watches are already with him. Last time I spoke to him I was told to wait for Thursday.

I did however just asked him if he can do the scan needed. Just wait for him to reply.

Great - so there went the little confusion on the name ;)

However - good news. Looking forward.

The scan makes the alignment more easy as I already got the vectors for the font and just need to flip the direction of the numbers as it isn't an ETA or 324SC we are modding.

QueTip was pointing on that the last time. Hope we will see results soon.

Do you mind to tell me what Aquanaut version you got there?

Keylog74

14/6/13
Great - so there went the little confusion on the name ;)

However - good news. Looking forward.

The scan makes the alignment more easy as I already got the vectors for the font and just need to flip the direction of the numbers as it isn't an ETA or 324SC we are modding.

QueTip was pointing on that the last time. Hope we will see results soon.

Do you mind to tell me what Aquanaut version you got there?

That is the decorated miyota aquanaut from BP.

Topcatz

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/12/17
Canada
I am interested as well.

Do I need to send my PF 5711 to get this done or the DW will be send to me and I need to find a watch smith to upgrade the DW?

Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BIONONE

28/4/17
I am interested as well.

Do I need to send my PF 5711 to get this done or the DW will be send to me and I need to find a watch smith to upgrade the DW?

Thank you.

The Date Wheel Overlay is in the works at the moment. Or so is the vector file so it could be printed.
Keylog74 will enlighten this particular question ;)

brane

not pronounced like brain
Supporter
Certified
17/8/15
In ofcourse as well. BTW are patek wheels flat or is there some elevation to the numbers like on a rolex disc? Just for my curiosity, how do you takle that?

Cristobal

Renowned Member
10/6/15
In ofcourse as well. BTW are patek wheels flat or is there some elevation to the numbers like on a rolex disc? Just for my curiosity, how do you takle that?

There is elevation on the numbers

reppin

Renowned Member
27/5/12
I am interested as well.

Thank you.

this is what I want to know as well

Keylog74

14/6/13
this is what I want to know as well

The DW will be shipped, or in case you arange things with Spongebob ship the watch and have it installed from him. No diffrent from buying Ap dw from Mickye.

Keylog74

14/6/13
Here is a quick update so far...

Watches have been taken appart, the good news is that PF and BP have interchangable date wheels.

Date wheel windows are as fallowing (maybe someone with a gen dial can give me the gen measurements)

BP aquanatut : 2.6*2.3

PF Nautilus 2.7*2.2

Once we will have a correct file for printing we should see prototypes and fitting :D

BIONONE as usually is doing a super job and being superhelpfull.

Aquanaut with PF datewheel:

nb0LM8x.jpg

Nautilus with BP datewheel:

voMrUvg.jpg

Date disks:

1FlqfWn.jpg

sunrayminor

Renowned Member
22/4/13
Australia
Here is a quick update so far...

Watches have been taken appart, the good news is that PF and BP have interchangable date wheels.

Date wheel windows are as fallowing (maybe someone with a gen dial can give me the gen measurements)

BP aquanatut : 2.6*2.3

PF Nautilus 2.7*2.2

Once we will have a correct file for printing we should see prototypes and fitting :D

BIONONE as usually is doing a super job and being superhelpfull.

Aquanaut with PF datewheel:

nb0LM8x.jpg

Nautilus with BP datewheel:

voMrUvg.jpg

Date disks:

1FlqfWn.jpg
Awesome just getting my PF soon with 2xr so this will be an excellent upgrade

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

brane

not pronounced like brain
Supporter
Certified
17/8/15
Key, in the process of negotiating for a gen 5711 dial. Will send measurements. How are you doing your measurements?

Keylog74

14/6/13
Key, in the process of negotiating for a gen 5711 dial. Will send measurements. How are you doing your measurements?

What I’m wondering to know is the date wheel dimensions on the dial. This is not that much relevant to the project because font and size will be adjusted to the rep dial. I however I’m curious to know what’s the rep/gen date windows proportions. Something like this :
38a1b81374f761796e3d06c738068544.jpg