• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Nautilus date wheel project

BlackJaguar

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/18
Thank you for the detailed post, can’t wait to see the results. Are you going to put the DWO in the MKv5? At least try it? I think the whole thread would be very interested

Just the PF. Based on what I read, it appears the DWO won’t work on the MKv5, so don’t want to dabble with it if it’s not necessary.

Darude

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
17/4/18
Just the PF. Based on what I read, it appears the DWO won’t work on the MKv5, so don’t want to dabble with it if it’s not necessary.

It’s theorical, no one has tried to put the dwo onto the mks before, I’m sure most of us would love to see whether it’s going to fit :)

Reactions: vcappp

GadoDayek157

Horology Curious
19/1/11
Not sure why no one has mentioned this, get the pf 5711 grey dial with the dwo, you’ll get a rep that looks almost the same as gen. Blue dial colour is way off

Reactions: Darude and gabro

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Not sure why no one has mentioned this, get the pf 5711 grey dial with the dwo, you’ll get a rep that looks almost the same as gen. Blue dial colour is way off

Maybe because there is no such thing as a 5711 with grey dial and stainless steel bracelet, they only come with leather strap

GadoDayek157

Horology Curious
19/1/11
Maybe because there is no such thing as a 5711 with grey dial and stainless steel bracelet, they only come with leather strap

The thing is one of the 5711 blue dial variations has a deep black&grey dial which looks exactly like the grey dial from pf

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15

Oh you mean the one that is white gold and not steel and with leather strap and not bracelet ? I see why no one suggested that.

Reactions: BIONONE

GadoDayek157

Horology Curious
19/1/11
Oh you mean the one that is white gold and not steel and with leather strap and not bracelet ? I see why no one suggested that.

No I’m talking about 5711 with bracelet, there are some variations that the blue dial appears to be black
A544632-A-F2-A4-43-F3-A40-B-6367-F4-E95497.jpg

Reactions: Darude

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
Knock it off - the color of the dial was discussed 100 times and more.

GadoDayek157

Horology Curious
19/1/11
Gray dial included.

The problem is what you guys have been discussing is the grey dial only exists on the model with leather strap, ignoring the fact that one of the blue variant appear to be blackish grey as well, which has the same colour as the one from pf. From what I’ve seen on the gen, the blackish grey on the pf looks pretty accurate to the latest blue variant. While the blue dial on pf looks nowhere close to gen.

Reactions: gilrob and Darude

Darude

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
17/4/18
The problem is what you guys have been discussing is the grey dial only exists on the model with leather strap, ignoring the fact that one of the blue variant appear to be blackish grey as well, which has the same colour as the one from pf. From what I’ve seen on the gen, the blackish grey on the pf looks pretty accurate to the latest blue variant. While the blue dial on pf looks nowhere close to gen.

I agree with that, the latest blue dial in fact has a grey and black tone that does not look blue to me.

For reference:
Gen
TfcYf.jpg

PF:
TfxPs.jpg

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
Oh yes! The gen white dial from brane came in! Very excited to put this into a Nautilus! I’ll be making a thread later when it’s complete!

i would not have even considered this build without the DWO mod. This community is fantastic!!

TgmtG.jpg

TgLug.jpg

Tgj2R.jpg