• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Nautilus date wheel project

markiemark

Bracelet King
Patron
18/4/13
EU
Im in for 2! Maybe even 3-4 if ZF fucks up the DW of their aquanaut...

AgentPena

Supporter
28/3/18
South East Asia
I'm excited about this project, have not come across any DW modders that does for 9015. I heard it's costly to develop for this movement hence even Mikey himself is not involve.

looking forward to it. I would pay $100 for a good DW. Just make sure each numerals align in the centre of the DW window.

best of luck!

Reactions: majwilliams0308

Garuda

I'm Pretty Popular
15/12/12
I'm excited about this project, have not come across any DW modders that does for 9015. I heard it's costly to develop for this movement hence even Mikey himself is not involve.

looking forward to it. I would pay $100 for a good DW. Just make sure each numerals align in the centre of the DW window.

best of luck!

date overlays will be cheaper and easier to make. they do not need to make a new 9015 date disc. with the mikey and legend project they need to buy or manufacture the date disc.
agree get the numbers aligned properly and will sell loads

AgentPena

Supporter
28/3/18
South East Asia
date overlays will be cheaper and easier to make. they do not need to make a new 9015 date disc. with the mikey and legend project they need to buy or manufacture the date disc.
agree get the numbers aligned properly and will sell loads

I have not thought about dw overlays. Great idea indeed without it being costly! Does this mean we have ti disassemble our 9015 and send it to them to paste over?

Thank you

Reactions: MonsieurMax

Garuda

I'm Pretty Popular
15/12/12
I have not thought about dw overlays. Great idea indeed without it being costly! Does this mean we have ti disassemble our 9015 and send it to them to paste over?

Thank you

go back to post #1 and you can see the pateks use a overlay. the aquanaut and nautilus date window is further right than regular 9015 ring.
my best guess would be spongebob makes a new overlay rings then your modder has to manage the alignment during fitting

the miyota date wheel sits below the overlay which is held with glue

2LaXJLE.jpg

AgentPena

Supporter
28/3/18
South East Asia
go back to post #1 and you can see the pateks use a overlay. the aquanaut and nautilus date window is further right than regular 9015 ring.
my best guess would be spongebob makes a new overlay rings then your modder has to manage the alignment during fitting

the miyota date wheel sits below the overlay which is held with glue

2LaXJLE.jpg

Thanks for the clarification, much appreciated

Kingquest_s

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
3/1/16
CONUS
#godfather im in. Let me know when u start.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
Will upload the new Date Wheel Vector this weekend as i had too much stuff to do so far.

Next thing i need to know is the measurement for the overlay itself and the DW cut out to align every number perfectly.

Keylog74 Let me know when Steve send you the information so i can go on.

Thanks

Last edited:

BIONONE

28/4/17
a nice icing on the cake would be to get a high resolution scan of the old faulty PF overlay to work around it.

Once it is disassembled i think it is not that o a big deal to scan it for a better work performance of mine :D

Reactions: majwilliams0308

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Will upload the new Date Wheel Vector this weekend as i had too much stuff to do so far.

Next thing i need to know is the measurement for the overlay itself and the DW cut out to align every number perfectly.

Keylog74 Let me know when ProfSteve send you the information so i can go on.

Thanks

Not prof on this. :)

Keylog74

14/6/13
My bad - thought i read something about Prof.

edited it ;)

anyways - every measurement is welcome.

Spongebob is taking on the project :D both watches are already with him. Last time I spoke to him I was told to wait for Thursday.

I did however just asked him if he can do the scan needed. Just wait for him to reply.

aa3bfd407c4532a36399b3316ef75a25.jpg