• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Nautilus date wheel project

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
Are you referring to the MKF V5 Nautilus? If so, no it is not compatible, according to BIONONE

BIONONE could you please re-confirm again about the MKF v5 ? Did you try v5 version (9015) ? or v4 version (2824) ?

I am asking this v5 version uses Miyota 9015 same as PF. Just curious, why it doesn’t fit? thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scottymagic

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/3/18
BIONONE could you please re-confirm again about the MKF v5 ? Did you try v5 version (9015) ? or v4 version (2824) ?

I am asking this v5 version uses Miyota 9015 same as PF. Just curious, why it doesn’t fit? thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because the date window and distance of the date window to centre is different. Not all dials are same size

Reactions: vcappp

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
Because the date window and distance of the date window to centre is different. Not all dials are same size

thanks for clarifying what i wanted to say ;)

The Date window is indeed not in the same position as on the PF.

Unless someone wants to improvise and slap the custom PF DWO into the MKF V5 we have to believe digital measurements and picture comparisons/overlays.

HansD

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
12/11/18
Great project!

HansD

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
12/11/18

PP4Ever

Known Member
8/12/17
Order #532 Waiting game begin, any idea when will the 1st ship-out date?

GiRA

Turning Moments into Precious Timepieces
1/11/18
Lost
What is this I don't get it... most of the 5711 got wrong date fonts or style?
Please use simple eng when explaining I try my best to understand your replies :)

BIONONE

28/4/17
What is this I don't get it... most of the 5711 got wrong date fonts or style?
Please use simple eng when explaining I try my best to understand your replies :)

no currently available 5711 got the right date wheel font - this is not good.

Because of that we made a custom Date wheel to match the genuine appearance. Easy as that.

GiRA

Turning Moments into Precious Timepieces
1/11/18
Lost
no currently available 5711 got the right date wheel font - this is not good.

Because of that we made a custom Date wheel to match the genuine appearance. Easy as that.

Ok, so I buy any high-end replicas of 5711 I will get good date wheel right? I don't have to purchase this separately.

brane

not pronounced like brain
Supporter
Certified
17/8/15
98acK.jpg

BIONONE

28/4/17

Thanks for this informative picture - just out of curiosity - is it a gen dial (if im not mistaken) or from which rep factory?

Unfortunately a precise measurement with a caliper is needed when the numbers are aligned digitally with 50x magnification. guesses are not the best thing hehe :)

brane

Supporter
Certified
17/8/15
Thanks for this informative picture - just out of curiosity - is it a gen dial (if im not mistaken) or from which rep factory?

Unfortunately a precise measurement with a caliper is needed when the numbers are aligned digitally with 50x magnification. guesses are not the best thing hehe :)

Gen correct. Dont have appropriate calipers to put on a gen dial, will just test when the DW arrives on a PF base.

BIONONE

28/4/17
Gen correct. Dont have appropriate calipers to put on a gen dial, will just test when the DW arrives on a PF base.

as far as i can tell you - during the alignment and "cloning" of the gen date wheel the PF appeared to have the most gen like measurements DW cut out wise. compared it to JJF and MKF.

Lets see how it turns out. Nice purchase of the gen dial by the way ;)

brane

Supporter
Certified
17/8/15
as far as i can tell you - during the alignment and "cloning" of the gen date wheel the PF appeared to have the most gen like measurements DW cut out wise. compared it to JJF and MKF.

Thanks! I'll keep everyone posted with pictures during the build. : )

Keylog74

14/6/13

i saw this and i was like: Have to ask you if the dw is same as PF :D