• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Nautilus date wheel project

xpresso

Known Member
18/2/17
Interested, if it can be a decent dw. I will purchase a PF right away.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
made a very sloppy sketch as a vector file of the DW font. Dont know if it is helpful or not :D

must be refined in every possible way and needs measurements and correct Font name but its better than the JPEG. Dont know much about CAD files.

JuVpQjC.png

Reactions: mech500

Keylog74

14/6/13
made a very sloppy sketch as a vector file of the DW font. Dont know if it is helpful or not :D

must be refined in every possible way and needs measurements and correct Font name but its better than the JPEG. Dont know much about CAD files.

JuVpQjC.png

Thank you. Vector should be same, that basicly depens on what they use to print out,

BIONONE

28/4/17
Thank you. Vector should be same, that basicly depens on what they use to print out,

When i got some more time - i will try to achieve a much cleaner look of the numbers. Position is fine so far as it is the same like on the gen DW.

Dont know the measurements for the 9015 DWO that is glued on top of the standard DW.

If you have the chance to tell me the measurements i can try to provide an .ai file or what else is needed.

But if Quetip already is responsible for the Font i don't know if it is necessary. Please let me know.

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
When i got some more time - i will try to achieve a much cleaner look of the numbers. Position is fine so far as it is the same like on the gen DW.

Dont know the measurements for the 9015 DWO that is glued on top of the standard DW.

If you have the chance to tell me the measurements i can try to provide an .ai file or what else is needed.

But if Quetip already is responsible for the Font i don't know if it is necessary. Please let me know.

You can go ahead and see what you can come up with mate. I have someone who has a file but I am not happy with it personally and he is a pain in the arse to work with.

BIONONE

28/4/17
If you see any obvious flaws or imperfections on a number please let me know so i can refine the Date Wheel again to achieve a perfect looking DW.

Even if you think the numbers are too bold/ too thick or too thin please let me know - we have to be critical :D

Hope it is good so far and ready for prototyping ;)

Keylog74

14/6/13
on the picture above you can check the file for the new DW. a big thank you to BIONONE who worked on the file and sent it to me. This now together with my Nautilus& Aquanaut are going to Steve who will check out figure if a dw can be used for all watches.

Please let us know what do you think of the font and everything. again thanks to everyone whos helping to make this possible :)

Reactions: BIONONE

bill33

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
12/5/12
UK
Great work gents! Looking forward to seeing and buying the final product!

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
BIONONE Some more fine tuning will eventually be needed here and there but it's on a great way already. Forwarded some updates to look for. We can't print it with the above posted teaser.

Reactions: BIONONE

BIONONE

28/4/17
Will update the prototype to Miyota changing direction soon - my bad! Didnt notice the direction while sketching...

Please give me a couple days more.

Refinements are always possible - main thing is to achieve a decent DW.