• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PF Blue & White Dial 5711 Review

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
You guys are all giving me lots to think about...I’ve been reading up on the 5711 here trying to see the best choice. Only now more confused lol...looks like MK v6 is way to until reading the above...that comparison to gen and of is very compelling (referring to the dial).

The closes blue rep dial to gen is the MKF V6. I'm not sure about the white dials.

Os-92

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/11/18
How about the thickness? Isn’t the mk thicker than the pf??

BlackJaguar

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/18
I'm going by TD's pictures and by numerous members statements. Did you ever find out anything about PF and MKF bracelet interchangeability?

I did not. No one responded to my post. I have both and could try to change it myself, but the PF bracelet pins are notoriously fragile, and difficult to remove, so I don't want to mess anything up.

Did you end up pulling the trigger on a MK blue dial, or am I confusing you for another member?

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
I did not. No one responded to my post. I have both and could try to change it myself, but the PF bracelet pins are notoriously fragile, and difficult to remove, so I don't want to mess anything up.

Did you end up pulling the trigger on a MK blue dial, or am I confusing you for another member?

Yes I did, had it for a little over a week now. I owe you a picture as soon as I get a decent camera.

Reactions: BlackJaguar

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
I posted my PF for sale (and its been sold, so note that this is not a promotion at all), but wanted to post it here for posterity so others could see it.

VCngae.jpg

VCnwYL.jpg

VCnPKo.jpg

VCn2PI.jpg

VCnk4r.jpg

VCnMUF.jpg

VCnRY0.jpg

VCnUK6.jpg

VCnJGq.jpg

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
Whats about the new blue dial PPF is the MK6 still better?
At that point it's really a matter of personnal opinion, you'll hear both side pretending theirs are the best, I have Mk V5 (same as V6 beside movement) and I like it, I like PPF also.
You can't go wrong with either one of them :)

Reactions: Xabo and vcappp

Scottymagic

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/3/18
I still think PF dial is better - better colour than PPF, more varied tones. MKF colour is better however the date window position is just plain wrong.

daft772

28/5/19
I just got the new QC photos for PF V2 from trusty.
The blue is pretty good IMO.

I’ll upload pic later when the photo server doesn’t keep crashing!!

Reactions: fire007

dellboye

14/5/19
Thanks for you review. Highly informative

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

ArcAngelRay

29/11/18
Asia
Pretty much different reviews between MKF, PF and PPF. Each have their pros and cons. However which is the closest without going franken (with date change or more?)

Reactions: BlackJaguar

BlackJaguar

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/18
Pretty much different reviews between MKF, PF and PPF. Each have their pros and cons. However which is the closest without going franken (with date change or more?)

As you said, pros and cons for each.

Based on my review, I believe the consensus is PPF is the best out of the box. A DWO change may not even be necessary anymore, as it appears they've improved the thickness of the DWO with the V3. The problems with it are the crown (which is not a big deal for me), and the thick bezel (which they may have addressed in PPF v3 --although there is no consensus on this, and it appears to be different based on the photo).

But the best combo, in my opinion, is the PF case and bracelet, with PPF white dial and hands, and modding of the bracelet to make it buttery smooth and have the right beveling.

Becks7

Horology Curious
21/1/20
White dial, hands down.

Thanks a lot.

But the case has round about +1mm and the bezel seems to be a bit thicker, right?

Sorry, i am new here and currently i mix all the flaws from the one to the other manufacturer up.

Are there any better ones in the pipeline that are worth to wait?

I´ve read about a 3k clone clockwork that might come the next month...