• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PF Blue & White Dial 5711 Review

Genta2014

Patron
Certified
31/3/14
So the current Blue PF dial is matching Some batches of the gen , no need to swap the dial :) with the new DW project +aligning markets is it good enough when you don’t want to go Franken?

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
So the current Blue PF dial is matching Some batches of the gen , no need to swap the dial :) with the new DW project +aligning markets is it good enough when you don’t want to go Franken?

You will get the best what you can at the moment if you consider to do so. Without going franken it will be your best bet. And it costs much less than a dial conversion or even franken build.

Reactions: Pdatoon

Genta2014

Patron
Certified
31/3/14
You will get the best what you can at the moment if you consider to do so. Without going franken it will be your best bet. And it costs much less than a dial conversion or even franken build.

Will that be a better those then the PF With JJF White dial and custom DW according to most gen like ?

Tobel

6/7/17
Will that be a better those then the PF With JJF White dial and custom DW according to most gen like ?

You should go for the one you prefer. Both these solutions will give you close to gen watches. The blue willbe close but not perfect, while the white will be nice but the datewindow not perfect. So choose the one you like.

Reactions: Genta2014

rolexlover101

Known Member
29/12/18
How long does the power reserve of the PF 5711 have (in real life)? I know the specs is 35-40 hrs but they're probably quoting the gen?
I just got the PF 5711 blue dial and seems like it's dead after 2 days (with wearing during working hours)

Dave96

Horology Curious
3/3/19
Hello i am new Here.. i read a lot that the pf 5711 is Better then the mkf v6 Version i bought today the mkf v6 Blue Dial 5711 is it a good choice?

Tobel

6/7/17
Hello i am new Here.. i read a lot that the pf 5711 is Better then the mkf v6 Version i bought today the mkf v6 Blue Dial 5711 is it a good choice?

Both watches are very good, don't worry you won't be disappointed by the MKF. Post a couple of pictures here when you have received it! Cheers

Reactions: vcappp

rcom440

10/11/12
USA

MKF v6 is better than PF version. It has more accurate dial and nicer finish.

rcom440

10/11/12
USA
PF version blue dial is based on gen secound edition blue dial. Latest gen version (3rd edition) is lighter , less saturated blue almost gray in some light.
PF printing on the blue dial is not bright enough unlike on MKF v6. On gen all printing is extreamly crisp and bright. It really stands out against blue dial even when watch is in half light.
MKF really did excellent job with this dial. I’ve been told that MKF v6 has better finish. However bracelet clasp can be hard to open - I’m not sure if it’s on all MKF v6 reps.
ill get mine and will review.

BlackJaguar

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/18
PF version blue dial is based on gen secound edition blue dial. Latest gen version (3rd edition) is lighter , less saturated blue almost gray in some light.
PF printing on the blue dial is not bright enough unlike on MKF v6. On gen all printing is extreamly crisp and bright. It really stands out against blue dial even when watch is in half light.
MKF really did excellent job with this dial. I’ve been told that MKF v6 has better finish. However bracelet clasp can be hard to open - I’m not sure if it’s on all MKF v6 reps.
ill get mine and will review.

MK v5 bracelet opens easy and has a smooth motion. PF is much harder to open (IMO). I have both watches. Also, PF bracelet feels flimsy and had jagged edges on mine. While the MK v5 bracelet has a solid and nice feel. Just need to put pressure on the bracelet so it hugs the wrist better. After a while, it sits perfectly on the wrist. I’ve noticed in the photos that the blue dial looks better, as well. I’d be curious to see photos of yours when you receive it.

BlackJaguar

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/18
BlackJaguar thx for your info about the bracelet. do you think when laying the bracelet in WD40 for some days will improve the overall feel??

To the MK or PF bracelet? MK already feels great. So, any additional treatment to the bracelet is just icing. Likely doesn’t need it.

The PF bracelet, on the other, I had to remove the jagged edges with a dremel and then put the braclet in a baby oil bath. It made a world of difference, but the braclet still feels flimsy to me.

stanevo6

computer says no
29/5/17
The Low Lands
Thanks BlackJaguar Yep, ment the MK. But what I learned from you now, is that the MK is OK from the start.

Since I joined RWI I'm lurking everything I can about the PP. First I waited for the V6F if I remember correctly, but that is a never ending story, hahaha

To me now it is clear that the MK v5 or v6 are the best. Thx again :)

Panerai_Pete_22

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/8/17
Very very happy indeed with my PF - in its new home :)

VEzLtL.jpg

Reactions: Genta2014

mumum

Renowned Member
18/1/07
You guys are all giving me lots to think about...I’ve been reading up on the 5711 here trying to see the best choice. Only now more confused lol...looks like MK v6 is way to until reading the above...that comparison to gen and of is very compelling (referring to the dial).