• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Seeking advice regarding PF Nautilus

revo

Horology Curious
12/3/18
I'm a new member to RWI. I see the dealer InTime has a wide selection of watches and has received good reviews as a TD. I'm interested in purchasing a PF Nautilus two-tone rose gold with the blue dial. InTime doesn't currently have any on their site. Would be interested in on feedback about another TD you would recommend, who provides the best quality PF watches of this kind or any PF in general, or anything else that can help me.

Reactions: gmtring

Cristobal

Renowned Member
10/6/15
PF hasn’t made a two tone Nautilus yet. And I would still ask Ryan at intime if he could get you a two tone Nautilus. Even though you don’t see a watch you’re looking for on a TD’s website..you should ask them if they could get the watch you’re inquiring about because they might be able to get it. Some TD’s can get watches others can’t but for the most part all the TD’s can get the same watches. Good luck with your search!!

revo

Horology Curious
12/3/18
PF hasn’t made a two tone Nautilus yet. And I would still ask Ryan at intime if he could get you a two tone Nautilus. Even though you don’t see a watch you’re looking for on a TD’s website..you should ask them if they could get the watch you’re inquiring about because they might be able to get it. Some TD’s can get watches others can’t but for the most part all the TD’s can get the same watches. Good luck with your search!!

I copied the bellow photo from a replica watch dealer site and I've seen this exact watch in different photos on numerous other sites. Do you believe they are scams? You think that's a real PF and not a replica?

patek_nautilus_chronograph_two_tone_blue_replica_watch_IMAGE_1.jpg

Additionally, I noticed on Ryan's site some Nautilus' was more expensive. I'm guessing the more expensive ones are due to the thinner case: 9.5 opposed to 12.5?

Cristobal

Renowned Member
10/6/15
revo PF doesn’t make that model..I’m sure Ryan can source that for you. He’s gotten me watches that weren’t on his site. And yes I believe PF is more expensive than other factories because of their watches being thinner than others.

revo

Horology Curious
12/3/18
revo PF doesn’t make that model..I’m sure Ryan can source that for you. He’s gotten me watches that weren’t on his site. And yes I believe PF is more expensive than other factories because of their watches being thinner than others.

What do you mean PF doesn't make that model? It's on their website: https://www.patek.com/en/collection/nautilus/5980-1AR-001 Or am I missing something?

Can Ryan be contacted via phone or he only communicates via email or?

I actually noticed that the PF Nautilus' vary in case thickness. The watch in the photo has a 12.2mm height. Where the more plain models such as the 5711/1A has an 8.3mm height: https://www.patek.com/en/collection/nautilus/5711-1A-010

MrChink

Known Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
12/3/18
What do you mean PF doesn't make that model? It's on their website: [video]https://www.patek.com/en/collection/nautilus/5980-1AR-001[/video] Or am I missing something?

Can Ryan be contacted via phone or he only communicates via email or?

I actually noticed that the PF Nautilus' vary in case thickness. The watch in the photo has a 12.2mm height. Where the more plain models such as the 5711/1A has an 8.3mm height: [video]https://www.patek.com/en/collection/nautilus/5711-1A-010[/video]

Unless the “PF” you were referring is Patek Factories, no PF from shenzenland don’t make that model. The one with Chrono.

Sent from the RWI mobile app

Cristobal

Renowned Member
10/6/15
Unless the “PF” you were referring is Patek Factories, no PF from shenzenland don’t make that model. The one with Chrono.

Sent from the RWI mobile app

Yea he’s starting to confuse me! I’m talking about the PF factory in China and it seems that he’s talking about the real Patek Philippe company because posting links to the real Patek Philippe website. revo you need to look around this forum and do some reading so you will learn about the different factories. You should start with the sticky’s that are at the top of each sub-forum/thread.

jakekrait

19/1/17
I think you will also be much happier if you choose one of the quality reps as opposed to looking at gens first.

G

I had this version a few years back. From BP factory and I sourced it from Sora (Shinewatch) if I remember correctly. Ryan from InTime was also able to source it I believe. It was a beautiful piece but it was far too thick unfortunately.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

06ac1501180030ea4808b8cb392f3860.jpg

a1855813e27377dc5c7f03fe55f60a74.jpg

Last edited:

revo

Horology Curious
12/3/18
Yea he’s starting to confuse me! I’m talking about the PF factory in China and it seems that he’s talking about the real Patek Philippe company because posting links to the real Patek Philippe website. revo you need to look around this forum and do some reading so you will learn about the different factories. You should start with the sticky’s that are at the top of each sub-forum/thread.

I'm confused too! lol. I see there is terminology used by more experienced people such as yourself I'm not familiar with.

revo

Horology Curious
12/3/18
I had this version a few years back. From BP factory and I sourced it from Sora (Shinewatch) if I remember correctly. Ryan from InTime was also able to source it I believe. It was a beautiful piece but it was far too thick unfortunately.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

06ac1501180030ea4808b8cb392f3860.jpg

a1855813e27377dc5c7f03fe55f60a74.jpg

At the official website, which I provided a link to, in the introduction section it states: "Height: 12.2mm". Is height the same as thickness? I believe so. The height on the stainless steel watch below is listed at 8.3mm, and you can see it's much thinner. What is the thickness of your watch? When you say it is "far too thick" are you simply suggesting you prefer the thinner Nautilus models? Or the watch you had was much thicker than the 12.2mm, which the authentic watch exhibits? By the way that watch in a real nice piece. It's what I'm looking for. Would that be wrapped gold or platted?

Nautalis%20comparison3.jpg

Last edited: