• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Aquanaut. Why makers didnt put the "swiss made" on the dial ?

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
The makers reped old version without Swiss made the newest one with Swiss made

Sent from my iPad using RWI

Cristobal

Renowned Member
10/6/15
rcom440 I doubt it and that’s not the only article I’ve read that mentioned the same thing about uneven lume and missing “Swiss-Made”
So I doubt a couple different articles published by well known companies are going to say the same thing if it was bullshit.

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
Quick google and I endedp up on the TRF, look at the post from summer 2017:
https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=275545&page=3

"Mine is brand new and does not have "Swiss Made" on the dial. I believe some just go out without this stamping on the dial by error. There appears no other explanation or logic to it. "

This is the best comment of the thread:

"I believe they recently added Swiss Made to deter the counterfeit market. The size of the swiss made is literally about one quarter of a millimeter, so it would be very difficult for a counterfeiter to print."

LOL :)

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Maybe Patek found a stash of older dials?

rally4444

I'm Pretty Popular
30/3/16
Earlier models did not have SWISS Made so I'm assuming they copied an older one

Cristobal

Renowned Member
10/6/15
Earlier models did not have SWISS Made so I'm assuming they copied an older one

Exactly! I agree that the factories copied an older model. If anyone reads the link I provided in my earlier post it tells you older models didn’t have “Swiss-Made” it wasn’t till after 2009 that Patek Philippe added “Swiss-Made” to their dials.

brooklynsog

Looking Around
31/12/19
The ones without the "Swiss Made" were made prior to 2009. They should also be stamped with the Geneva Seal on the movement, as appose to the double P. Reason for that is because at the time Patek used to send their watches out to get tested through a 3rd party company. They stopped that in 2009. Patek started to test their own watches and would stamp their PP seals on the movement, and of course, adding "Swiss made" onto their dials. I did see however some really rare 5167 watches that did not have Swiss made on the dial but had Patek seals on the movement.. I would assume it was serviced by Patek with a Geneva Seal and after servicing was they probably swapped out to put their seal on it. Anyway, if you want to see a 5167 without the Swiss made just time 5167 Geneva Seal! Hope this helped!