• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Patek Philippe Calatrava Model 3919?

Mttran2

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/5/10
Hey fellow members,
I was hoping to get some input on the Patek Philippe 3919 Calatrava. I have already searched the forum and could not find any info.

1. Any first hand knowledge on whether a faithful rep exists of this? I see a lot on the Internet but no comparisons or any info on what telltale signs of a rep would be.

2. I am thinking that SS would be a safer bet than YG or RG, but PP does not make an SS version, only white gold. So do you guys think SS would be passable on a rep where the gen is WG?

Thanks in advance!

SidakCo

Horology Curious
29/10/10
I think SS is an inferior metal that's heavier and less dense than titanium. Plus it's susceptible to corrosion. Not one positive property other than it's low cost.

I would really like to get a Patek, Vacheron Constantin, Breguet, Blancpain, and etc. casing reproduced in titanium.

I prefer Ti over SS,gold(all colors), platinum, and other metals.

If you know anyone who can reproduce a custom casing then please, please, PLEASE let me know. I will pay $$ for it.

If you see Kay

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/1/09
There is no faithful rep of this. I've been looking for two years. First of all, the gen is 33.45mm, and the closest rep is IIRC 35 or 36mm. Secondly, the gens roman numerals are more fat, whereas the reps are taller and skinnier.

I eventually opted for the Longines Grand Classique at 36mm. The gen is also 36mm IIRC. I saw the gen of the Longines and pulled out my rep on my wrist at the AD and compared to the two. Pretty good.

honeybear

I'm Pretty Popular
11/8/10
There is no faithful rep of this. I've been looking for two years. First of all, the gen is 33.45mm, and the closest rep is IIRC 35 or 36mm. Secondly, the gens roman numerals are more fat, whereas the reps are taller and skinnier.

Perhaps the current replicas are of the 5119 model instead?