• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Patek Philippe moonphase, how to set date?

amptor

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
1/5/07
Ok hope I am not too much of a newbie for asking this but here goes.

I got a Patek Philippe moonphase watch which is really beautiful but whenever I set the date, if I set the date number the day is always off (for example, today is Wednesday the 26th still in California, but I set it to the 26th and it says Thursday)

I noticed the watch has two pushers near the crown that are flush with the case. I don't know what these do or if they do anything. I am guessing they do nothing since this is a 21j watch and I believe it is another rep Miyota movement from the internals I can see through the clear caseback.

Well any help would be appreciated, even if someone says it can't be done :)

Thanks

guanaco

Mythical Poster
Advisor
16/7/07
Sidi Power Plant
Er... out of all the Patek Philippe with moon-phases which one are you talking about? lol, pictures would help a lot. If it's a 21J watch then either the moon-phase is faux aka stuck or you have a sun/moon. The only Patek reps I've seen with working moon-phase are the ones with the ST-19 chronograph movement.

amptor

Banned
1/5/07
oh it basically looks like this one and i can set both the date and the day.. but as i said above, always mis matched:
3.jpg
item # 21801

alvinado

Watch Nerd
Advisor
27/8/08
Asia
there should be pushers by the side..

one of them advance the day, the other advance the date

amptor

Banned
1/5/07
Okay I'll try that again. Gotta find me a tooth pick because I'm not about to push some metal object up to these and scratch them. I'm not sure if u have to hold them in. I'm guessing you just push it and then it moves the date. I tried this last night and it didn't do anything so I am guessing the pushers more than likely are faux on this watch. The watch was really cheap so I guess it is to be expected. Sure is a very beautiful watch for the price I paid :D I love it. I think the gen probably costs over 100k lol.

Ooh cool it works thanks guys. My coworker gave me a tooth pic and I guess what I was using to push it last night just wasn't long enough. It was a piece of plastic I had on my desk.

This watch is so cool man maybe I should sell all my other reps and keep this one lol.

amptor

Banned
1/5/07
Ya I got it all set now thanks again. I'm amazed that the complications weren't faux on this.

very nice

thanks man. it was mainly the case that drew me to this one. a lot of patek reps have a very plain jane looking case and looks cheap. I like how the lugs on this one are smooth and contour to the rest of the case. It came out really nice and looks a hell of a lot nicer in person too. Plus it costs nowhere near the neighborhood of say a typical Breitling SOSF which I also have. :)