• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Please help me to check PF Nautilus QC picture

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
:picard:

Perfect proof that half of these "unacceptable" QC pictures people are posting are actually totally fine and it's just the lighting in the photos!

Stop being so picky people!!!

DC

glee79

9/3/17
is crooked hourmarker at 12 "OK" or " Not Ok" ? or is there a limet of how crooked it can look befor its not ok?

Hanmin Lee

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/11/16
Anyway, guys. I will update this thread as soon as I received the product. Then we could share the opinion again.

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/7/11
WTF? There would be plenty of gens with worse alignment than that. LOL

Ryans pics are like x 20 zoom. Accept it already or go buy the gen.

Hanmin Lee

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/11/16

I agree ! I ordered already. I will share the actual pics after I receive it.

zethunder

I'm Pretty Popular
9/8/16

Couldn't disagree more. Show me a patek w misaligned markers like that please. And even if it exists, I'm sure pp will gladly accept it for a replacement. You don't pay +$20k for a watch that cannot offer what a Seiko can.

Ps: I would totally accept this watch but to say that a gen pp would have worse alignment than this...is absurd to me.

Sent from the RWI App

peterpl

24/7/11
Ps: I would totally accept this watch but to say that a gen pp would have worse alignment than this...is absurd to me.

You havent been around gens that much then. Lets just say that. I had to return my AP44 ROO for misaligned tachy, My Rolex Skydweller RG for a scratch on the dial and some cheaper watches in the $15k bracket for other QC issues. All worse than this.

My best friends DD40 had a numerous scratches on the gold hands and on the 9 markers. Which was also returned for warranty. ALl these watches are like $30k plus.

Price does not always reflect perfection. And if you think it does you are naive at the least. Whenever there is anything hand made/built incorporated into anything there will ALWAYS be QC issues nothing can be perfect.

rcom440

10/11/12
USA
@peterpl
There are QC issues with some gen APs but i can bet you won’t come across modern Patek Philippe with misalignment issues that you can see with naked eye.

We are talking about PP here and not AP or Rolex.

peterpl

24/7/11
@rcom440

You will be surprised at what gens I have seen QC problems on and I have seen QC issues on a Patek 5980 and a 5990. Also plenty of PP's with movement problems with timekeeping, chronos not resetting and also dates getting stuck when changing. Common issues.

Regarding not seeing alignment issues with the naked eye that is probably true 90% of the time but take a loupe to anything and you WILL find problems with anything at x15 zoom. Increase that to x20 zoom or more and there will be QC issues you see. Like I said and I think you know I handle and deal with PLENTY of gens on a weekly basis and have a big gen collection myself especially Rolex. I've seen shit some people never would expect to see on a $100k gen let alone a $300k gen.

You can look on the Rolex Forums and there are plenty of examples of QC issues on there. I've seen a plethora more of other QC issues in real life in my dealings with gens.

These QC pics that are being debated are at least 20 x zoom on a $500 rep. Relax and enjoy our not going to see a 1mm alignment issue with the naked eye.

D

d4m.test

You must decide if it’ll scream out at you when you wear it or not!!