• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Nautilus Comparison PF vs. MKF

baia64

I'm Pretty Popular
28/5/16
Italia
If one manages to acquire a Gen dial and hands set, what would be the best base to implant it onto as of today?
The threads I've read seem to suggest PF as the largest difference is the protruding crown.

Is the case thickness of PF and PPF same?

3K.

3orkham

Known Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
16/7/10
Hello Guys

Thank you for this post it’s very interesting

i would to know why many on the forum say the ppf is better compared to the 3kf ?
on pure time it seems the 3kf is better no I’m wrong ?
https://puretimewatch.io/nautilus-5...-dial-on-ss-bracelet-a324-super-clone-v2.html

https://puretimewatch.io/nautilus-5...tured-dial-on-ss-bracelet-324cs-free-box.html

Which one should I take ? With flawless

because i contacted trusty time and he sent me some qc of the ppf and the back seems darker

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
Hello Guys

Thank you for this post it’s very interesting

i would to know why many on the forum say the ppf is better compared to the 3kf ?
on pure time it seems the 3kf is better no I’m wrong ?
https://puretimewatch.io/nautilus-5...-dial-on-ss-bracelet-a324-super-clone-v2.html

https://puretimewatch.io/nautilus-5...tured-dial-on-ss-bracelet-324cs-free-box.html

Which one should I take ? With flawless

because i contacted trusty time and he sent me some qc of the ppf and the back seems darker

If you don't mind the fat first bracelet link of the 3KF rep and if you're satisfied with its dial color then 3K may be your Nautilus rep OOTB.

3orkham

Known Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
16/7/10
Oh ok i didn’t see that
thanks for the info

the ppf has a better dial ?

Beefcake

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/7/21
How do the reliability of the two movements compare?

I've been doing some reading, and the ppf is supposed to have a reliable movement. The 3kf movement is too new to say how reliable it is. However, I haven't seen any posts saying it's bad, so perhaps it is reliable at least in the short term.

​​​​​​I'm a total noob though, so I could have missed something.

Reptme

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/9/21
I've been doing some reading, and the ppf is supposed to have a reliable movement. The 3kf movement is too new to say how reliable it is. However, I haven't seen any posts saying it's bad, so perhaps it is reliable at least in the short term.

​​​​​​I'm a total noob though, so I could have missed something.

PPF Movement is great, a friend of mine has this since some months - working fine.

GeraldJenterJr

Horology Curious
14/3/19
Hi all, I’ve been scavenging around the forums for a while trying to make up my mind about the best PP5711 replica available at the moment. In terms of dial colour and case fidelity, which factory does it better? It seems like the battle is between the 3K and PP factories so if you could help me out it would be greatly appreciated. Also does anyone know how to contact a modder for the Buff dial?

Thanm you again

GeraldJenterJr

Horology Curious
14/3/19
Hi all, I’ve been scavenging around the forums for a while trying to make up my mind about the best PP5711 replica available at the moment. In terms of dial colour and case fidelity, which factory does it better? It seems like the battle is between the 3K and PP factories so if you could help me out it would be greatly appreciated. Also does anyone know how to contact a modder for the Buff dial?

Thank you again

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
Do the 3K and PP factory have size compatibility issues with Buff dials....

Afaik don't.

...is P factory the best for now in terms of shape fidelity? I thought 3K and PP fixed the first lug issue. ????

The bezel/bevel width ratio is the smallest in case of PF which does aesthetically matter in real life. I can confirm it owning the three watches.

Reactions: GeraldJenterJr

sscarm

Known Member
Certified
27/10/21
Do the 3K and PP factory have size compatibility issues with Buff dials or is P factory the best for now in terms of shape fidelity? I thought 3K and PP fixed the first lug issue. ????

The BUFF dials were made specifically for 3KF 5711's, there should be no problem. You'll just have to find someone who is in contact and can source you a BUFF dial, they only deal with certain individuals and are no open to the market.

BertolucciK

Horology Curious
18/5/22
Hello, I am new here. Is there any good replica of the [h=1]Patek Philippe Nautilus Blue Dial 5711/1A with good quality under €100?[/h]

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
Hi
Hi Grill
would you have an idea of how much work and a price to do the hybird?
Cheers
Not really because !'m not a watchmaker and I had my watch built a quite long time ago. I addition each modder might give you different quotations. I guess the fee of the full modding work can reach or exceed the price of the watch itself. Among RWI forum member modders I'm aware of 3 modders who can help you in this topic: @AMF , @legend and @Spongebob.

Regarding the build PF base + 3KF clone movement + PPFv4 or Buff dial this hybrid might mean too much hassle for some owners. In this case I can recommend two real alternatives: a Buff modded 3KF watch or a modded 3KF watch with ODM (PPF based) dial. Both can be priced around RMB 7-8 K, Not sure if any of them is still available though.

Erinoush

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
10/7/19
UAE / EUROPE

Regarding the build PF base + 3KF clone movement + PPFv4 or Buff dial this hybrid might mean too much hassle for some owners. In this case I can recommend two real alternatives: a Buff modded 3KF watch or a modded 3KF watch with ODM (PPF based) dial. Both can be priced around RMB 7-8 K, Not sure if any of them is still available though.
In fact a lot of headache and a long time waiting... Gives you the feeling of buying a gen somehow :)
The result is wearable even if you are used to wear gens or even if you are a gen connoisseur.... basically the touch and feel of a gen with a chinese movement :-( ....

To give you an idea, these photos are made with my shitty phone, but in natural light and not post processed ....