• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Nautilus Comparison PF vs. MKF

BlackJaguar

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/18
Thanks, as soon as I can get a decent camera I'll post pics. The bracelet fits my wrist (7.5 inch) just fine with no gaps. Sizing the bracelet was easy, I thought it would be hard because some people were having difficulties. Perhaps they had PFs. I did manage to loose one of the small inserts though while sizing the bracelet. The only problem I have right now is with clasp. One side is difficult to open sometimes, other times it opens easily. I think it is binding somewhere, just have to figure out where.

Good to hear. I have the PF and it was a PAIN sizing the bracelet. It took me close to two hours due to the difficulty of removing the pins. I remember the MK v5 bracelet took about 10 minutes. I love the finish and fit of the MK.

If they create the DWO, I think I will end up selling my PF and pulling the trigger on a MK. In my opinion, it's the better watch. Shoutout to Glaude for his wonderful post about it.

Link here: https://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?...ippe-57111a-010/&tab=comments#comment-2187651

Reactions: Glaude

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
Received my MKF V6 yesterday. One side of the clasp is hard to open so I'm going to file of some of the metal that's causing the problem. Other than that everything else is great.

Can you please post pics?

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
Reactions: BlackJaguar

BlackJaguar

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/18
For the experts, do we know whether we can replace a MK bracelet with a PF bracelet (or vice versa) without modifications?

Overwatch

Looking Around
9/2/19
What's the chance that MK will fix the misspellings on the movement plate in the V6? Does anyone know if the factory is aware of the mistake? Seems like something they could easily change in a new batch.

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
What's the chance that MK will fix the misspellings on the movement plate in the V6? Does anyone know if the factory is aware of the mistake? Seems like something they could easily change in a new batch.

It's impossible to know if they have a V7 planned or even if they'll just update the V6 to fix those mistake. Since the mistakes changed between the V5 and V6, they could be aware of them. But the movement changed between those two, so it could also be for that very reason (meaning they didn't pay attention in both batches)

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
When the MKF prototype was initially shown it had four (4) misspelled words on the movement, "isochronism", "Geneve", "adjustment", and "cold". MKF corrected "isochronism" and "Geneve" with the V5 and "cold" was corrected with the V6. So that leaves "adjustment" uncorrected. This is unacceptable to say the least, since all these misspelled discrepancies were pointed out prior to final production.

What the MKF V5 and V6 has going for them right now is it's blue dial, which is considered the best rep 5711 blue dial. Most buyers' eyes will be focused on the dial and won't notice the misspelled "adjustment", since it is on the back and sometimes covered by the rotor.

Last edited:
Reactions: Razorig2 and vcappp

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
Did some caliper comparisons of the thickness of PF versus MKF:
VbCQvd.md.jpg

Talk about variations on their batches, mine (MK v5) was measured with a micrometer at 9.012mm

Reactions: vcappp

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Reactions: Glaude