• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Nautilus Comparison PF vs. MKF

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Thanks Gilrob I appreciate your feedback and I think you are right I'll be checking the delivery status every couple of hours!!

I may do the date wheel in the future but will just enjoy it first. I read that the fly wheel in the Miyota movement can be noisy and that some lubricant will quiet it down a little. Any idea what lube or oil to use? I plan to take it to my local watch repair guy that has worked on high end watches for many years and have him oil it but want to tell him a specific oil if necessary.

There's a thread on how to make the Miyota 9015 quieter by Nivka, which specifies what oil to use, you'll just have to search for it.

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
I pm'ed Nivka waiting for response since I could not find the post you mentioned. I did find one of his posts where he mentioned Mobius oil butit was for a different Miyota movement.

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
I pm'ed Nivka waiting for response since I could not find the post you mentioned. I did find one of his posts where he mentioned Mobius oil butit was for a different Miyota movement.

The thread, "How to silence the rotor on a BP Nautilus", is on this page right now. The oil used is, Moebius D5.

Nivka

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/4/15
Australia

The thread is in my signature. It’s the same movement so should be a very similar process

rcom440

10/11/12
USA
Blue dial of MKF v6 is way superior to PF!!!
It has bright and very crispy printing, sharp and evenly applied lime. I got confirmation that printing is slightly risen like gen. if only someone made custom DW for MKF v6 this would be absolutely amazing.

i think my wait for Nautilus rep is over. I’m ordering MKF v6.

Reactions: gilrob and vcappp

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Blue dial of MKF v6 is way superior to PF!!!
It has bright and very crispy printing, sharp and evenly applied lime. I got confirmation that printing is slightly risen like gen. if only someone made custom DW for MKF v6 this would be absolutely amazing.

i think my wait for Nautilus rep is over. I’m ordering MKF v6.

I've been waiting for the V6F version for over three years now. I know this hobby requires patience, but three years is enough. I ordered the MKF V6 and should be getting it on Monday. The MKF V5 and V6 DWO project is still on, just waiting for a dial.

rcom440

10/11/12
USA
I've been waiting for the V6F version for over three years now. I know this hobby requires patience, but three years is enough. I ordered the MKF V6 and should be getting it on Monday. The MKF V5 and V6 DWO project is still on, just waiting for a dial.

Yeah I know. Also we don’t know how much better will be v6f.. if any better. Blue Dial on MKF v6 is absolutely amazing and I’ve seen them all - PF, BP, and otter versions and MKF v6 beats them all.

let me know how is clasp on MKF v6???

Reactions: vcappp

AriChoresh

30/8/17
Yeah I know. Also we don’t know how much better will be v6f.. if any better. Blue Dial on MKF v6 is absolutely amazing and I’ve seen them all - PF, BP, and otter versions and MKF v6 beats them all.

sounds so good! i think ill buy the V6, this watch is just stunning

xoredkiller

Looking Around
13/8/16
I have just received my qc pictures for the nautilus mk v6 but I was just wondering as I see a gap between two markers on the 12 hour mark. Is that an issue or should i accept it? Also just wanted to double check if this is a mk v5 or mk v6
84fD2aN
84fD2aN

https://imgur.com/a/cFJCUhU

Reactions: roadtofreedom

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Alright thanks so much for the feedback, I will get it replaced

It does not look crooked at all. If you want to see crooked, go back further and look at the PF QC pictures that were submitted. To be fair, recent PF QC pictures looked very good as far the markers are concerned. Also the gen also has a small gap between the 12 o'clock markers as someone pointed out in your other post. It looks like a V6 as far as I can tell.

Last edited:
Reactions: Glaude

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
I have just received my qc pictures for the nautilus mk v6 but I was just wondering as I see a gap between two markers on the 12 hour mark. Is that an issue or should i accept it? Also just wanted to double check if this is a mk v5 or mk v6
84fD2aN
84fD2aN

https://imgur.com/a/cFJCUhU

Mk V6 indeed
And it's not crooked at all !
The gap is also perfectly normal

Reactions: gilrob

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada

Received my MKF V6 yesterday. One side of the clasp is hard to open so I'm going to file of some of the metal that's causing the problem. Other than that everything else is great.

Reactions: vcappp

BlackJaguar

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/18
Received my MKF V6 yesterday. One side of the clasp is hard to open so I'm going to file of some of the metal that's causing the problem. Other than that everything else is great.

Congrats on the watch, bro. Can you please post photos when you have a chance? By the way, make sure to put pressure on the bracelet so it hugs the wrist. After a little pressure, the bracelet fits perfectly.

I’m sure you’ve noticed the MK bracelet feels more solid and comfortable (and not flimsy like the PF).

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Congrats on the watch, bro. Can you please post photos when you have a chance? By the way, make sure to put pressure on the bracelet so it hugs the wrist. After a little pressure, the bracelet fits perfectly.

I’m sure you’ve noticed the MK bracelet feels more solid and comfortable (and not flimsy like the PF).

Thanks, as soon as I can get a decent camera I'll post pics. The bracelet fits my wrist (7.5 inch) just fine with no gaps. Sizing the bracelet was easy, I thought it would be hard because some people were having difficulties. Perhaps they had PFs. I did manage to loose one of the small inserts though while sizing the bracelet. The only problem I have right now is with clasp. One side is difficult to open sometimes, other times it opens easily. I think it is binding somewhere, just have to figure out where.