• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Nautilus Comparison PF vs. MKF

Hasselbaink

DR. H4RDC@R3 T3RR@R
Supporter
Certified
29/9/10
Archiregnum Hungaricum
PF PF FYI
9a121bdb1cdc909cf9d098d8b958b602.jpg
07c603b07c3e7e3f953777ba2a4edd0e.jpg
fd8ac4ac17e6876dad19260eee5b5120.jpg
191a92fa5ef238e4660bacf6ca23c5ee.jpg
10d0cd3c7e975b586fd5eaa82af56390.jpg
58061839a6e6ab2f5393bbd2d9be81b7.jpg

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S9+ using Tapatalk

iskillio

12/9/14
It sucks that the reps still don't have the proper blue dial. Tbh the old V6F is the closest in dial color. Gen blue 5711 actually looks almost black smoke blue in natural lighting, really have to be well lit to get a blue color from it. These reps are way off

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
It sucks that the reps still don't have the proper blue dial. Tbh the old V6F is the closest in dial color. Gen blue 5711 actually looks almost black smoke blue in natural lighting, really have to be well lit to get a blue color from it. These reps are way off

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Are you aware that there are 3 different gen dials that have different shades of blue? What you are referring to is 2nd editionnautilus dial that was made prior 2012. Newest gen dial is much lighther almost grayish in some light.

Reactions: gilrob and vcappp

Os-92

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/11/18
Are you aware that there are 3 different gen dials that have different shades of blue? What you are referring to is 2nd editionnautilus dial that was made prior 2012. Newest gen dial is much lighther almost grayish in some light.

Do you think that by the presence of these variants, it’s actually hard to distinguish between the gen and the rep ?

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
Do you think that by the presence of these variants, it’s actually hard to distinguish between the gen and the rep ?

Yes it can be more difficult, but it depends on the person. People who are really into watches know those things. They even know year certain variations were introduced.

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
Hello, I am new to the forum and have been doing a lot of reading. Posting to this thread for some advice between purchasing a Nautilus 5711 blue dial and need help deciding between the PF and MK versions. I am in contact with two trusted dealers, Intime Watch and Puretime Watch, and they have conflicting advice as to which version is better.

These are the two links:

https://www.intime04.co/patek-phili...xtured-dial-on-ss-bracelet-a324-clone-v6.html

https://www.intime04.co/patek-phili...-textured-dial-on-ss-bracelet-a324-clone.html

I would prefer not to do any mods to the watch, like date wheels or lume. Which one can you guys recommend, either PF or MK?

Many thanks!

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
Hi Gilrob thanks for the response! My wrist size is 7.5", how come wrist size matters for these two versions? I read that the PF version has the ceramic screws or lugs on the bracelet but I have not found out if the MKV6 does. To me that is not the most important aspect but we are all looking for the most realistic replica so I mention it because I don't know how the PF and MKV6 are different except from reading this post.

Since you mention that if I don't want to do mods that I should go with the MKV6 is that because in your opinion it has attributes more closer to gen?

Any other insight into these two versions would be greatly appreciated and would help me make a decision.

Thanks

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
tangokilo

The bracelet of the MKF V6 when worn by a wearer with a smaller wrist size (6.5 inch or smaller) will have a gap. This is because the bracelet does not wrap around close enough on smaller wrist, in your case you should not have any problems. There are numerous threads with pictures that explains this, you'll just have to search for them. There are also some DIY solutions to fix the problem.

The blue dial of the MKF is considered to be the best amongst reps whereas the blue dial (white also) of the PF is plagued with misaligned markers which are attached to the dial using only double stick tape, the markers of the MKF are attached properly on the dial and are straight. You just have to be careful when reviewing your QC pictures.

The stock DWO of the MKF V6 is better than the stock PF DWO. A replacement DWO is offered for the PF, but that would require modification. At this time there is no replacement DWO for the MKF V6, however it is being looked into.

The movement engravings on the PF model are better than that of the MKF V6 model, mainly because the words, "adjustment" and "cold", are misspelled. These flaws on the movement can't be seen while wearing the watch, so if you can overlook this, you'll be okay.

On the MKF V6 blue dial, the greenish lume is also present on the gen blue dial, so no problem there as far as I can see.

I suggest you do some further research on these two reps, it'll be enjoyable. Myself, I'm still waiting for the elusive V6F model, been over two years now.

Glaude , can you add anything that I'm sure I missed? Thanks and I'm glad you're on the RWI staff. Belated welcome.

BlackJaguar

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/18
tangokilo

The bracelet of the MKF V6 when worn by a wearer with a smaller wrist size (6.5 inch or smaller) will have a gap. This is because the bracelet does not wrap around close enough on smaller wrist, in your case you should not have any problems. There are numerous threads with pictures that explains this, you'll just have to search for them. There are also some DIY solutions to fix the problem.

The blue dial of the MKF is considered to be the best amongst reps whereas the blue dial (white also) of the PF is plagued with misaligned markers which are attached to the dial using only double stick tape, the markers of the MKF are attached properly on the dial and are straight. You just have to be careful when reviewing your QC pictures.

The stock DWO of the MKF V6 is better than the stock PF DWO. A replacement DWO is offered for the PF, but that would require modification. At this time there is no replacement DWO for the MKF V6, however it is being looked into.

The movement engravings on the PF model are better than that of the MKF V6 model, mainly because the words, "adjustment" and "cold", are misspelled. These flaws on the movement can't be seen while wearing the watch, so if you can overlook this, you'll be okay.

On the MKF V6 blue dial, the greenish lume is also present on the gen blue dial, so no problem there as far as I can see.

I suggest you do some further research on these two reps, it'll be enjoyable. Myself, I'm still waiting for the elusive V6F model, been over two years now.

Glaude , can you add anything that I'm sure I missed? Thanks and I'm glad you're on the RWI staff. Belated welcome.

Awesome write up. You're the man.