• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Patek 3800 on Leather?

HaydenM

Known Member
26/10/14
Hi all,

I have a Patek 3800 on the way and though I am highly doubtful of its existence I am wondering if anybody knows if a leather strap was ever made for the "mid size" 3800 nautilus? At this moment I am somewhat doubtful from my research but if that is the case does anybody have any idea as to how one could go about getting a link to which the leather would be attached?

Thank-you in advance
HaydenM

Cristobal

Renowned Member
10/6/15
@HaydenM The 3800 was never made with a leather strap just on the bracelet. So I'm sure a leather one was never made for it either.

HaydenM

Known Member
26/10/14
@HaydenM The 3800 was never made with a leather strap just on the bracelet. So I'm sure a leather one was never made for it either.
I sadly thought that to be the case. Hopefully the bracelet is good, otherwise I may consider seeing if I could go about getting something custom.

Cristobal

Renowned Member
10/6/15
I sadly thought that to be the case. Hopefully the bracelet is good, otherwise I may consider seeing if I could go about getting something custom.

Where did you get the 3800? Those a pretty hard to come by.

HaydenM

Known Member
26/10/14
I'm going to check them out. A while back I was searching for a 3800 and could not find one. Thanks!

Don't think it's the same quality as the old MBK models, but we'll see how it goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cristobal

Renowned Member
10/6/15
Don't think it's the same quality as the old MBK models, but we'll see how it goes.

Even though the markers and hands are not the same as gen it still looks pretty good to me. I have the thin hands for it..I'm going to order the watch today and when I get it I will put the hands on it. Congrats on your pickup!

Limer

Renowned Member
4/5/16
Yea it's 37mm and the thickness is 8.5mm
But it’s 37mm from ear to ear right? Diagonally it’s 35?
I tried the gen in a couple days back to see the size on my 6.1 inch and it was really small. Can’t pull of the 5711 though ...

HaydenM

Known Member
26/10/14
Even though the markers and hands are not the same as gen it still looks pretty good to me. I have the thin hands for it..I'm going to order the watch today and when I get it I will put the hands on it. Congrats on your pickup!

Where'd you get thin hands for such a model?

But it’s 37mm from ear to ear right? Diagonally it’s 35?
I tried the gen in a couple days back to see the size on my 6.1 inch and it was really small. Can’t pull of the 5711 though ...

It's an odd design that ends up being a nuisance to measure. I'll get the callipers out when it arrives.

ceri88

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/6/17
Hi friends , I'd like to buy this model (bp with 2824) which errors have this rep?
Thanks

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando RWI

HaydenM

Known Member
26/10/14
Okay all, a slight and quick update. Unfortunately I've not the time to get out my DSLR today but I will just post these quick pictures. The 3700 is certainly a small watch to all interested. I don't necessarily find this to be a negative but I know that many do.

3800 Nautilus:

3800 Nautilus compared to Rolex 1016:

Nivka

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/4/15
Australia
That size suits you well. Is it really 8.5mm thick? That's the thickness of the gem 5711

HaydenM

Known Member
26/10/14
That size suits you well. Is it really 8.5mm thick? That's the thickness of the gem 5711

I quite like it. I think it will be a more formal watch for me. This rep is exactly 9mm in thickness. Not 8.5 but still nice and thin.

Nivka

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/4/15
Australia
I quite like it. I think it will be a more formal watch for me. This rep is exactly 9mm in thickness. Not 8.5 but still nice and thin.

Thanks. I thought 8.5 would be amazing. 9mm is still thin enough to be very elegant though. Wear it in good health

HaydenM

Known Member
26/10/14
Thanks. I thought 8.5 would be amazing. 9mm is still thin enough to be very elegant though. Wear it in good health

Thank-you very much. Look forward to seeing how it wears.

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
I have always dwelt around the Rolex forum, but being that 36mm is my preferred size for watches, this model has piqued my curiosity.

May I ask if you have a link to the precise model please?

The dial looks pretty good, actually. As far as I have read here, the main flaws are that the hands are too big? I could live with that, to be honest.

Congratulations on the watch, it looks really nice and sits very nicely on your wrist.